Mario Kart Wii

Re: Mario Kart Wii

Postby Tiptup Jr. » September 15th, 2008, 10:14 am

...Yeah, I got them all too. It wasn't particularly hard, but you can't say it's easy. And Battle Mode SUCKS. I frickin' hate the team battles, it just ruins the experience. Why they made it the only option, I'll never know.

And does anyone else notice that Birdo has new voice samples? When I unlocked her my ears did a double-take, and they're definitely different from her GameCube clips. Mmhmm.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Re: Mario Kart Wii

Postby Jomingo » September 15th, 2008, 10:28 am

Sean wrote:EDIT:
I think it said something about a "fast staff ghost".

That IS the expert staff ghost. That means you've unlocked it. You don't have to race it.

Also! Mario Kart Wii is kind of funny when you unlock stuff outside of Grand Prix. Whenever you hit a requirement in Time Trials, you need to exit everything and go back to the title screen, and then pick your profile again. It will then give you the character or vehicle you unlocked. If you turn the game off and turn it back on, it'll do the same thing. It's weird, but you'll get used to it.

Wait, so the "Fast" staff ghost is the expert?!?! Damn, that isn't nearly as hard as I thought it was gonna be.
And about the second thing you said, I just noticed that too. I thought the game cheated me on Toadette but today when I turned it on it said I unlocked her. :roll:
That means I'm not too far away from getting all the characters(I only need Funky, Baby Luigi, Dry Bowser, and the second mii outfit(which I couldn't care less about)), though Dry Bowser is proving to be quite difficult. I have a star on the Banana and Leaf cups, but the rest are becoming increasingly difficult for me. I'm pretty sure it has to do with my character though, I've always used Diddy on the Mach Bike, but if Tiptup's suggestion works it might be easier.

EDIT @ 10:47 AM 9/15/08: I unlocked Funky Kong last night, and I would've continued until I got Baby Luigi but Cast Away was on. :lol:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Previous

Return to Mario Sports