Mario Kart 7 (3DS)

Mario Kart 7 (3DS)

Postby teh epicnes » November 13th, 2011, 5:29 am

This is to discuss Mariokart 7 for the 3ds.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 2

Re: Mario kart 7

Postby Tiptup Jr. » November 17th, 2011, 10:54 am

Well, the final roster has been revealed.

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Wario
Donkey Kong
Bowser
Toad
Koopa Troopa
Yoshi
Rosalina
Shy Guy
Metal Mario
Wiggler
Lakitu
Honey Queen
Mii

This is certainly one of the most unique Mario Kart rosters we've had in awhile. When it was first revealed at E3, and we had the initial eight-character roster, it was a pretty standard affair with the same roster as Super Mario Kart, save Donkey Kong. Wario and Daisy were a given, Miis were predictable, and I suppose Shy Guy and Rosalina aren't all that surprising. But then we have this four characters that have never been playable in Mario Kart before: Metal Mario, who you all may find to be a useless addition but I happen to like a lot for some reason; Wiggler, okay; Lakitu, that's cool, he's always overseen Mario Kart and now he's getting in on the action; and Honey Queen. Yes, the big-ass bee from Super Mario Galaxy. As much as I hate to admit it, I actually have no problem with her being here. This is a Mario game, guys. The days of complaining about their rosters ended ten years ago. And for everyone complaining about the inaccurate size, keep in mind that Bowser is actually supposed to be large enough to swallow Mario whole, but all we ever see is the shrunk-down sports version. Also, Wizpig in Diddy Kong Racing DS. Characters get shrunk down to size all the time.

I really like this roster! It hearkens back to the Mario Kart days of old yet manages to bring in some fresh, interesting faces. Kinda wish Petey Piranha would've got in, and Birdo, Waluigi, and Bowser Jr. would've been nice. Obviously the one everybody's sad to see missing is Diddy Kong, but honestly, I can't say I'm upset about him. Donkey Kong being the only Kong here just feels right to me, for some reason... there are some things that Diddy and Dixie (and especially Funky) don't always need to be brought into.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: Also, someone fix the title of this thread and capitalize the K.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Re: Mario kart 7

Postby Mr.Diddy » August 23rd, 2012, 11:25 am

Tiptup Jr. wrote:(...) (moderator removed huge quote)

I don't know about you, but aren't you mad that Waluigi didin't make it? I mean, they have a crappy charater like Wrigler but not Waluigi! :facepalm: That is just a whole new level of rediculous. Honostly, dont you think it's a little odd that Funky Kong made it in WKWii instead of Dixie Kong or K. Rool? And Funky is really anoying on MKWii and his skin is way too bright.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 4

Who is the fool that left Diddy Kong out of Mario Kart 7?!

Postby MrsQyzbud » October 22nd, 2013, 11:10 pm

So I bought a 3DS XL for the sole purpose of playing Mario Kart 7 and I can't even play with my favourite little guy :'(

Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 20

Re: Who is the fool that left Diddy Kong out of Mario Kart 7

Postby Gaz » October 23rd, 2013, 9:33 am

MrsQyzbud wrote:Who is the fool that left Diddy Kong out of Mario Kart 7?!

Ironically Retro Studios, the developer of Donkey Kong Country Returns. But guess what, Mrs. Q? You can play as Diddy in Mario Kart Double Dash!! for the GameCube and Mario Kart Wii (he's an unlockable character in the latter). Diddy is also in Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, almost a direct port of Donkey Kong Country Returns. You can play that game on your 3DS XL.

If you want to find out more about Diddy, here's the Super Mario Wiki article: http://mariowiki.com/Diddy_Kong. Nintendo DS games can also be played on a 3DS XL, and Diddy is playable in DK: Jungle Climber and has his own game Diddy Kong Racing DS (a racing game like Mario Kart 7), both games for the DS. You can play those two games on your 3DS XL too. I'm sure you can find DS games somewhere near you.

In conclusion, the 3DS XL you got is not a complete waste, Mrs. Q. you also got Qyzbud to help you out with your Donkey Kong-related questions. ;)

MrsQyzbud
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Re: Who is the fool that left Diddy Kong out of Mario Kart 7

Postby CountryFan » October 23rd, 2013, 3:17 pm

MrsQyzbud wrote:So I bought a 3DS XL for the sole purpose of playing Mario Kart 7 and I can't even play with my favourite little guy :'(

Especially since the Barrel Train was his kart in Double Dash!!
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 23

Re: Mario Kart 7 (3DS)

Postby MrsQyzbud » November 4th, 2013, 11:52 pm

I've been really enjoying playing DKC 3D on my 3DS XL; but I'm still down about Diddy not being in Mario Kart 7 - I get that they can only put in a certain amount of characters and that they wanted to bring back some other ones but I reckon you should be able to choose who you want on your game, like you should be able to download Diddy from the Web Store and delete some of the other shi**y characters :rant:
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 20

Re: Mario Kart 7 (3DS)

Postby Qyzbud » November 5th, 2013, 12:15 am

Good point; Nintendo could make a fair bit of extra cash by offering "premium" DLC... or even if they made characters available free of charge, at least it'd add value to the game, and perhaps encourage fans of the unincluded characters to buy the game, if they hadn't already.

I can't imagine it'd take too much work to add extra characters — especially ones that have already appeared in a recent Mario Kart game. Lots of developers take this approach — I wonder why the big N hasn't done so... :scratch:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Return to Mario Sports