I Need some Ideas

Where dead topics hang out.

I Need some Ideas

Postby ShaneM » December 13th, 2013, 11:58 am

I am a good ASM programmer, but I have trouble coming up with ideas, sometimes. What I would like to know is if there are any fans on here who have played SMB1 and what they would like to see in a hack. These are the options:

-Harder levels but with original design
-Replace 1UPs with Poison Mushrooms
-More aggressive Red Piranhas
-Aggressive Hammer Bros.
-Something I'm not thinking of?

Please share your thoughts. I would really appreciate feedback from creative, colorful people please. Black and white folks like me struggle with this. :P
^
Bananas received 10

Re: I Need some Ideas

Postby Blue Banana » December 13th, 2013, 1:19 pm

Well, you could make the levels harder, I'd re-design them to make them look like the graphics from Super Mario Bros 3, now that's something to think about. :bleak:
Previously "Kiddy"
Bananas received 1

Postby ShaneM » December 13th, 2013, 1:23 pm

I like it!

All but the SMB3 GFX rip, if I understand you right. Indeed, I will make the levels harder and add aggressive hammer bros. I have already added the aggressive red piranhas and poison mushrooms. What do you think of the super green springboards from SMB2J(I've already written code for it)? I guess I should first ask, have you played that SMB2J (aka The Lost Levels)?

EDIT: I gave you a banana for good feedback!
^
Bananas received 10

Postby Blue Banana » December 13th, 2013, 1:30 pm

Yes I have, and the graphics from SMB2J are weird, because instead of piranha plants they have heads, and adding a green spring board would make an excellent part of levels, you could add snow to the levels and make them slippery, now THAT would be challenging.
Previously "Kiddy"
Bananas received 1

Postby ShaneM » December 13th, 2013, 1:53 pm

Blue Banana wrote:Yes I have, and the graphics from SMB2J are weird, because instead of piranha plants they have heads, and adding a green spring board would make an excellent part of levels, you could add snow to the levels and make them slippery, now THAT would be challenging.

Um, no. The piranha plants are exactly the same between versions. But, the background scenery and mushrooms have eyes added to them. Maybe you mixed them up?

There are already snow stages. Assigning slip physics with the levels may be hard for two reasons:

1) It deals with assigning separate physics to both Mario and Luigi, seeing as I made them individual players. (The problem is that for the Fiery state, it does a check with tile collision on coins.)

2) Space is so tight that I had to overwrite some unused code, and I'm running out of that. The bad part is, FDS games cannot be expanded.

If you think of anything else, please share. I just added the green springboards.

Here is a picture with red piranhas from SMB2J:

http://www.nesmaps.com/maps/SuperMarioB ... ap4-1.html
^
Bananas received 10

Return to Post Mortuary