Diddy Kong Pilot Beta ROMs (HOAX - case settled)

Where dead topics hang out.

Diddy Kong Pilot (Case settled, lock this thread)

Postby Gaz » August 13th, 2012, 7:19 am

So you've all probably heard about Diddy Kong Pilot being cancelled in 2002 right? Many say it's because of Rare's move. Surprisingly, that's not the answer. The real answer is that Nintendo cancelled the game on March 4, 2002 (it's planned release date in the US) because it failed to meet its substandard. Rare moved in September 2002 to Microsoft. Did you also know... a collector (founder of the RareWare Central Forums, http://rarewarecentral.com/forums/member.php?u=1) has all the builds to Diddy Kong Pilot. I'm not kidding, ask him. He can't release it because of his friend (don't know much) said he cannot leak the ROMs for some reason, not even he knows).

Anyway, a photo of his reveals he has the Spaceworld 2001 ROM of Diddy Kong Pilot, and there are two 2002 builds for Diddy Kong Pilot. The 2003 one is the released one, the unpromising one). Well thats off-topic, but oh well...

In Japan, it was supposed to be released on February 2002. Don't know why the US cancelled Diddy Kong Pilot after Japan's planned release and Japan didn't get the release. The US also was supposed to have it on December 2001, but according to the old scribes on the defunct Rareware website, it says that they weren't done yet.

Eh? Who's been studying all the time :D.

Message to Qyzbud: Could you please make a section with Diddy Kong Pilot, there's going to be a lot of Diddy Kong Pilot related stuff I'm gonna post to the atlas.

Blaziken257
Qyzbud
geno
Mattrizzle
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Re: Why Diddy Kong Pilot was Actually Cancelled

Postby Katastrophe Kong » August 13th, 2012, 8:12 am

Does this mean if we asked him nicely, he'd send us the roms of the earlier builds?
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby Gaz » August 13th, 2012, 8:23 am

I tried to, but no :(. Though, I guess it's only because I bug him and he made up this story...
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Katastrophe Kong » August 13th, 2012, 8:24 am

There has got to be some way to get a hold of these roms.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby Gaz » August 13th, 2012, 8:28 am

You're obsessed too? I'll change the title.
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Re: Collector with all of the Diddy Kong Pilot builds!

Postby Gaz » August 13th, 2012, 8:33 am

He even lied to me that he didn't have the ROMs at the start of July. He doesn't even want to secretly release it :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: as he doesn't want to break a promise. It's insane in my opinion.

EDIT: He later admitted he had the ROMs.
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Katastrophe Kong » August 13th, 2012, 8:36 am

How much would it cost to hire a Russian man literate in "data accessing"?
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby Gaz » August 13th, 2012, 8:39 am

IDK. You want to hack Torrent's computer? That's illegal... Also...
Spoiler!
I kinda hate him.
Simion32 even replied that it's silly, Blaziken257 was only disappointed, both via PM. I'm not going to act like a noob, so.
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Katastrophe Kong » August 13th, 2012, 8:40 am

Just a joke.

Where or how do you suppose he got a hold of these anyway?
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby Gaz » August 13th, 2012, 8:49 am

He said he got it from a friend of his, who says "You can't ever share/tell/release the ROMs to anyone". Guess what? He doesn't want to break the promise, but he sorta di by leaking a picture of the filenames of all the ROMs he has, and released the 2003 build of Diddy Kong Pilot ( :huh: ) that his friend possibly gave him. He's being a bit selfish about this promise. One day... I hope it'll happen...

EDIT: He did this picture to torment me (didn't happen, he said after it, also, this is proof he has the ROMs):
3yyoV.png
:O

Katastrophe Kong
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Katastrophe Kong » August 13th, 2012, 9:15 am

I'm starting to believe this guy is lying. Anyone can rename a few files. Also, the fact that you mentioned inconsistencies with his story :
Conker's Bad Fur Day wrote:He even lied to me that he didn't have the ROMs at the start of July. He doesn't even want to secretly release it as he doesn't want to break a promise. It's insane in my opinion.

EDIT: He later admitted he had the ROMs.

...is even more sketchy. If he released the final build of the game, why would'nt he do the same with the other builds? Because supposedly some "friend" made him pinky swear? It's starting to sound like a hoax to me. It would'nt be the first time I've encounter immature moderators (that's not an issue here, of course :D ).
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby Gaz » August 13th, 2012, 9:20 am

I'm with you. He definately has one of the DKP builds (2001) on cartridge. Another collector who didn't care about a ROM release definitely gave it to him (he posted this picture for proof);

http://i49.tinypic.com/1zqd83m.png

Source:
http://www.rarewarecentral.com/forums/s ... 368&page=5

Katastrophe Kong
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Katastrophe Kong » August 13th, 2012, 9:27 am

I just read the thread; they were definitely yanking your chain. That picture looks fake, "Torrentstorm" is either a troll or a liar, and "DKPgiveaway" simply created an account to help Torrent' get an even laugh out of the whole situation.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby Gaz » August 13th, 2012, 9:31 am

to be honest, Torrentstorm created RareWare Central. I hope you're not angry with me for seeming like I am being a troll. The image seen on there has a DKP image never leaked online (really) or it was photoshopped. Do you think I was being bullied by RWC?
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Katastrophe Kong » August 13th, 2012, 9:32 am

I'm afraid so. Even site managers can be trolls. It wasn't your fault, really. I could type all day about websites with immature mods (again, not talking about this 'site ;) ).
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby Gaz » August 13th, 2012, 9:38 am

I really thought he had those builds because he released Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge betas and Banjo-Pilot Voxel beta, y'know. Thanks for investigating a bit, KK. You're a real help on this problem and cleared up some stuff.

Also, some troll WITH the ROM did this to me; -Link removed as it was only meant for Katastrophe Kong-. PM me if you wanna see it. Everyone (except Dragoon and them, then laughed cruelly at me :(.)

Katastrophe Kong
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Katastrophe Kong » August 13th, 2012, 9:55 am

One person who actually had the rom used it to humiliate you and the others trolled along with it. I think you should just forget about the whole situation. Some people are just plain mean. You've got to be careful about people on the internet.

To me, one stupid game isn't worth all this nonsense. If they want to be stubborn, let them.

We might want to lock this thread so the others don't get confused.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Re: Diddy Kong Pilot (Case settled, lock this thread)

Postby Gaz » August 13th, 2012, 10:04 am

Trolls nowadays... Anyway, I think this should be locked, we can PM each other these conversations.
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Return to Post Mortuary