Favourite DKC Series Baddies? (poll discussion)

Where dead topics hang out.

Favourite DKC Series Baddies? (poll discussion)

Postby Jomingo » March 13th, 2008, 11:14 am

It should have been a regular thread instead of a poll. That way people can say whatever they want, and we wouldn't need two threads. Even with two threads theres tons of missing characters.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Re: Favorite DKC Series Character (2)

Postby BlueTronic » March 13th, 2008, 11:23 am

Jomingo wrote:It should have been a regular thread instead of a poll. That way people can say whatever they want, and we wouldn't need two threads. Even with two threads theres tons of missing characters.

It's only one more thread, the forums won't flood. If someone made a third one, then yeah, you'd have a point there. A fourth and fifth one? Now that'd be rediculous. ;)

Unless we make 20 or 30 threads, we'll never cover all of them (And that's just in the DKC trilogy.) I'm just trying to cover the basics and the most popular ones because that first one didn't have anything near what I'd choose. It only had one villian! You want it to be one thread that's not a poll? When it would 5 pages long I wouldn't be the one to count em' all up! ;)
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Jomingo » March 13th, 2008, 11:30 am

Well, why do you need to count them up anyway? It's not like it's a competition, it's just to see what people's opinion's are. You don't need to know who the most popular character is. It's fine just to read some people's opinions.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby BlueTronic » March 13th, 2008, 11:36 am

Jomingo wrote:Well, why do you need to count them up anyway? It's not like it's a competition, it's just to see what people's opinion's are. You don't need to know who the most popular character is. It's fine just to read some people's opinions.

I always thought the point of polling was to take peoples votes and see which vote was most popular, but I could be wrong. :roll: What was polling for again?
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Jomingo » March 13th, 2008, 11:43 am

True, but I think the actual discussion behind it is more important than the numbers.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby BlueTronic » March 13th, 2008, 11:49 am

Yeah, but that's why they have polls instead of counting them up: Because in some threads (like this one) votes matter just as much.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Jomingo » March 13th, 2008, 12:13 pm

Rambi the Rhino wins. No doubt.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Qyzbud » March 13th, 2008, 1:06 pm

Hrm... that seems like a bit of a jumpled mess of characters. Doesn't make much senses as a poll. At least the original thread of this style had a theme, and represented all characters within it. This had better be renamed to something more descriptive.

I was thinking: "Jumpled mess of DKC characters poll" or something like that. Do you want to do the honours, Kong-Fu?
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Re: Favorite DKC Series Villian/Animal Buddy

Postby BlueTronic » March 13th, 2008, 1:22 pm

Wha?... :O You must be joking. The other one was just as indescriptive as mine. I was covering all the more popular characters so no one would complain their favorite character isnt there. You're joking, right? :|
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Qyzbud » March 13th, 2008, 1:53 pm

No, not joking.

The other poll covered all the main characters. This one was a (seemingly) random jumble of baddies and buddies. Trying to cover both of those in a single poll seems very strange to me. They are quite incomparable, in my opinion. Besides, Squitter is damn awesome, and you didn't even include him... but Necky? KAOS? Since when are they more popular than Squitter? Or even Expresso? It's a shambles, I say. Anyhow, that's all just my opinion. I'll let other people decide for themselves...

Happy polling.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Kowbrainz » March 13th, 2008, 5:37 pm

Mm... definitely a jumble of sorts. I don't see why there's a few of the animal buddies, a couple of bosses and two kremlings... just doesn't make sense for a poll, really.

What you should be doing, is categorising properly (favourite kong, boss, baddie, animal friend) then instead of using a poll, asking for everybody's favourites and tallying them up by hand. This just doesn't make much sense... :|
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Stone » March 13th, 2008, 7:36 pm

Isn't it Enguarde instead of Engarde? Or am I wrong?

Kowz: Naw, you're right.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby BlueTronic » March 13th, 2008, 10:46 pm

Okay, I changed it. Now should I make another for Animal Buddy and another for bosses?
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Re: Favorite DKC Series Baddie

Postby Jomingo » March 14th, 2008, 7:56 am

Well, that would make sence, but I still think it would have been better to have a single favorite character thread that wasn't a poll.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Return to Post Mortuary