1st Semi-Annual DKC Elections: Primary

Where dead topics hang out.

1st Semi-Annual DKC Elections: Primary

Postby Jomingo » March 16th, 2008, 6:29 am

I figure this site needs some sort of tradition, so I am starting an election that we will do twice a year, every march and every September. The Election is to elect the most popular character on the forum. This is the primary. During this primary, you must nominate the character of your choice. Anyone can nominate a character, but at least one other person must also nominate that character in order for them to be added to the ballot. This Primary will continue for 1 week, after which this topic will be closed, and a new one opened for the poll. Any character that has 2 nominations or more will be added to the poll. Then the voting will continue for 1 more week, in which the polls will be closed and the winner will be announced.

Rules:
1) The character must have appeared in one of the following games: Donkey Kong Country, Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie's Double Trouble, or Donkey Kong 64. If it has not appeared in one of these games, they are unelligible to be on the ballot.
2) At least 2 people must agree on a character for it to be added to the ballot.
3) I will go through the topic looking for people's nominations. DO NOT NOMINATE MORE THAN ONE CHARACTER. Choose only one, no changing your mind.
4) Bolden your nomination, this will make it easier for me to find.

If Qyzbud approve's of this semi-annual event, I will do another one in september.

EDIT:
The following characters have gotten enough nominations to make it to the poll so far:
King K. Rool
Kiddy Kong
-Remember, any other character can still has a chance.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Re: 1st Semi-Annual DKC Elections: Primary

Postby Qyzbud » March 16th, 2008, 12:20 pm

Funky. I'd better vote for the bringer of the funk... He appeared in one of those games, right? :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Jomingo » March 17th, 2008, 2:50 am

NEW RULE: everyone must bolden there vote, just like Qyzbud did. Nick must edit his post and fix it. This will make it easier for me to tally the votes later on.

EDIT: I've added this rule to my original post, and have also changed one more thing. Considering the low amount of activity on the forum, I've changed it so that any character with 2 nominations or more (instead of 4) will be added to the ballot. I will also be making a daily update, stating the current conditions of the race, and I will also edit my first post and list every character that has made it to the ballot once someone does.

My vote: Brash Bear
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Jomingo » March 18th, 2008, 10:44 am

DAILY UPDATE: Currently know one has made it on to the ballot yet, our current standings are:
Funky Kong: 1
King K. Rool: 1
Brash Bear: 1
Squitter: 1
Kiddy Kong: 1
Each of these characters require one more vote to advance, and there's still room for any other character.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Stone » March 18th, 2008, 5:46 pm

I think I'll help King K. Rool
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby cfh » March 18th, 2008, 9:11 pm

Kiddy Kong needs more love.
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby Jomingo » March 19th, 2008, 6:39 am

DAILY UPDATE:
Two characters have made it to the ballot:
King K. Rool
Kiddy Kong
I have also edited this into my first post, as I said I would.
The following characters still need one more vote:
Funky Kong
Brash Bear
Squitter the Spider
As you know, any other character can still be nominated, as long as it meets the requirements.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby BlueTronic » March 19th, 2008, 11:59 am

Dumb Drum the speechless. Of course he never wins for anything, because he's one of the less "popular" characters. :roll:
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby CM August » March 19th, 2008, 7:42 pm

Bow before King K. Rool.
Jungle Explorer

Postby Jomingo » March 20th, 2008, 7:39 am

Yeah, feed the fire that is K. Rool. Brash gets no love. Why has no one voted for Diddy Kong? He's usually everyones favorite.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Qyzbud » March 21st, 2008, 9:55 pm

I'm finding it hard to believe that King K. Rool (and not Kaptain) has so many votes...
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby CM August » March 21st, 2008, 11:28 pm

Surely K. Rool's alter-egos fall under the same character.
Jungle Explorer

Postby Qyzbud » March 22nd, 2008, 1:35 am

...well I guess I wonder why everyone specified 'King', then. Probably because it was his first 'ego'. :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Jomingo » March 22nd, 2008, 5:46 am

Yeah, that and the fact that the majority of his appearances, especially in more recent titles have him named King.

EDIT: Okay, the week is over, and the Primary is done. Only two characters have made it to the election, Kiddy Kong and King K. Rool. No more nominating characters, Kay?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Return to Post Mortuary