A dkc2 level editor (source code)

Share and discuss all facets of DKC ROM hacking...

A dkc2 level editor (source code)

Postby LokiNova » January 26th, 2009, 10:57 am

I've been working for around a month on that level editor, and I dont find the time anymore to complete it.
So here it is, there's some resources that can be used and there's some others that doesnt work
Some feature can be done more efficiently like avoiding the use of SetPixel to render 8x8 tiles or the lazy VRAM class
Use it for your project, complete it or do what you want! (An open source project would be great...)
Attachments
dkc2.zip
DKC2 Level Editor Source Code
(72.01 KiB) Downloaded 1065 times
Newcomer

Re: A dkc2 level editor (source code)

Postby Simion32 » May 26th, 2009, 4:09 am

This is the programming code (the source code) that would have been used in the DKC2 Level Editor. However, since the program is incomplete, LokiNova has released the source code so that others may use this code in their own program.

You'll need a compiler to use them (a compiler makes the code into a computer-readable .exe file which you can then run by double-clicking).

If you don't feel like getting a compiler and compiling the program, you could always open the files in Notepad to see what code is there.

I must say, though, this stuff is MUCH more confusing than the code used in the DKC Level Builder.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Re: A dkc2 level editor (source code)

Postby dkclover1337 » May 28th, 2009, 6:53 am

ok Nice but Does any one Know Where To Get a compiler :D
Newcomer

Return to ROM Hacking