pirated DK games

Share and discuss all facets of DKC ROM hacking...

pirated DK games

Postby Goe » June 27th, 2008, 11:27 pm

well...i found this some time ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqKMHCaEurI

Super Donkey Kong 99 is a pirated chinese game for Sega genesis...i downloaded and played it and i think is really poor game...por sound and special effects...but i must admit i enjoyed it because playing as DK in a stage similar to lakeside Limbo and defeating krookcs, bazukas, neeks, flitters, etc was cool

DK Rumble:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Qh6hfGQMRs8

Is a fangame...it totally sucks...bad controls(you can't run), no barrels...is a terrible game
Goe
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Re: pirated DK games

Postby Kiddy14 » June 28th, 2008, 1:29 pm

How can you beat DK Rumble? O_o
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Simion32 » June 28th, 2008, 2:39 pm

Kiddy14 wrote:How can you beat DK Rumble? O_o
I actually made it to the 3rd world, but then quit. It's just a really crappy fan game (made with Kilk & Play or something functionally equivalent).

Super Donkey Kong 99 is even worse... I did get to the end by using thousands of savestates, but there is no way to defeat K. Rool, and you have to fight him in a Snow Glacier Level.

I think that once level editing is possible in the DKCLB, I'll make a reproduction of that hack just to show that the hack would have actually worked well if it had the exact physics/gameplay/sprites/sounds as the original Trilogy does. I want to see what those crappy hacked Sega Genesis levels would really be like in SNES quality.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Goe » June 29th, 2008, 3:45 am

Super Donkey Kong 99 is even worse

NO WAY! SDK99 is a bad game...but is MUCH BETTER than DK Rumble.

Reasons:

in SDK99 you can use barrels, in DKR not
in SDK99 you can run, in DK rumble not
in SDK99 you have extra life ballons, in DK rumble not

Well...i see you reached K rool in SDK99...how can you defeat the Necky Boss? the first time i jump on his head, i hurt him, but the second time, i always die
Goe
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby SuperDiddy » July 10th, 2008, 2:59 pm

wow that even sounds bad
Newcomer

Postby CaptainEddie » July 11th, 2008, 4:12 am

That level in DK99 just uses the music from Super Mario All Stars when you go into that first pipe with all of the coins in SMB.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Simion32 » July 11th, 2008, 7:05 am

Yeah, and that music plays throughout the entire level. Other levels have different songs but it's not enough variety to make it sound good.
Goe wrote:SDK99 is a bad game...but is MUCH BETTER than DK Rumble.
OK, yeah it does have more features, but it's crappily-put-together and is nowhere near as playable as DK rumble. The later levels in SDK99 are horribly difficult because of bad level design - just wait until you see the snow level! On the other hand, DK Rumble does have its downsides, such as bad collision detection.
Goe wrote:how can you defeat the Necky Boss? the first time i jump on his head, i hurt him, but the second time, i always die
You have to make sure you land squarely on his head; if you're off to the side even a bit, then DK will get hit. Yet another example of bad design.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby DKCplayer » August 12th, 2008, 4:31 pm

Simion32 wrote:
Kiddy14 wrote:I did get to the end by using thousands of savestates, but there is no way to defeat K. Rool, and you have to fight him in a Snow Glacier Level.

I managed to beat it.
Spoiler!
It seems you save Diddy
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 16

Postby KingBrett » December 23rd, 2011, 12:04 pm

There's also Donkey Kong Country 4 for the NES. The only way you can play it is if you have the Homebrew Channel on your Wii and FCE Ultra GX. Unless there's a way you can play it on the computer too. That pirated game is supposed to be a remake of the original DKC but not quite as some of the bosses are in the wrong order or missing. (Queen B. is the missing boss)
Tourist
Bananas received 1

Postby DKCplayer » June 8th, 2012, 8:30 pm

There's a NES DK pirate titled Panda Prince. Just look at it's well made cartridge cover! :P
It's a five level game that rips off the music, graphics and gameplay of DKC while adding it's own "changes" to make the characters different. Here's a full walk-through: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n0BAZ5AulM

There are other NES pirates as well:
- Super Donkey Kong - Xiang Jiao Chuan
- Donkey Kong Country 4 (mentioned in post above me)
- Super Donkey Kong/Jungle Book
- Super Donkey Kong 2
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 16

Postby Super Luigi! » June 9th, 2012, 11:16 am

I actually liked the way that game looked, especially Necky Jr.'s Snidely mustache! The music in the underwater level wasn't all that bad either.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Return to ROM Hacking