Paper Mario

Any games which star Mario can be discussed here; including, but not limited to the Super Smash Bros. games, and other cross-over games featuring both Mario and DK.

Paper Mario

Postby Chibisai Kong » July 30th, 2012, 5:12 am

I was not happy upon finding out there was no topic for this section of Mario.

So, in what order do you prefer them and what di you like or not like about them?

Spoiler!
Paper Mario: Pros---Fun, exciting, very easy in most places. Cons---I can't get to Tubba Blubba's lair.

Thousand-Year Door: Pros---Its different from the first one and is sometimes challenging. Cons---None.

Super Paper Mario: Pros---I just finished it. Cons---Bowser cant jump very high. Also, it shouldn't have taken me three days to finish it.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Re: Paper Mario

Postby Katastrophe Kong » July 31st, 2012, 11:39 am

The first Paper Mario was outstanding. I had so much fun playing it and finding all the little secrets everywhere. It's bursting with so much interactivity. So much better than that half-bit Super Mario RPG. Stupid Sqaure-Enix might as well have made it "Super Mario: Final Fantasy". Am I the only one who hated Geno?

Anyways, 'The Thousand-Year Door' was pretty good. Still not as good as the first because I felt it was missing some things but I couldn't quite point out what they were.

Super Paper Mario just gets on my nerves. I don't have the game but I STILL hate it. What's with all these new 'bit' characters? And they completely took out the RPG element of the Paper Mario series.

I can't wait for Paper Mario 3DS. It looks like Nintendo is actually acknowledging that Paper Mario is made out of PAPER. And they remember the whole RPG thing!
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby Simion32 » August 3rd, 2012, 11:27 am

We need, like, Paper Mario 3DS for Wii U. Sticker Star can go to ****. That isn't the way the originals were.

I like PMTTYD the best. Super Paper Mario was... depressing, and is sort of a category of its own (what other games are like that 2D<-->3D?).
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Phyreburnz » August 4th, 2012, 7:38 am

I LOVE the first two Paper Marios. I haven't played the Wii one. But if you guys like Paper Mario, you HAVE to play the game that started it all! Look up Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars for SNES. I don't think there are any complete, working roms. I've found several roms, but they freeze once you've collected the seventh star.
Spoiler!
You even get Bowser and Princess Toadstool on your team!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Return to Mario Games