Jungle Beat Wii-Make

Discuss the DK bongo games; Donkey Konga and DK Jungle Beat...
They may not capture the DKC spirit, but they have a character or two in common.

Jungle Beat Wii-Make

Postby Swing King » October 3rd, 2008, 7:07 am

Along with a Pikmin remake announced, we are getting a DK platformer for the Wii! Well, sort of. A Jungle Beat Wii-Make is currently in production.
Glad? Sad? Talk about it here!
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Re: Jungle Beat Wii-Make

Postby Simion32 » October 3rd, 2008, 7:50 am

I think I'm OK with this, as long as they don't try to push this as the next "real" Donkey Kong game.

If it's essentially a port with different controls, I doubt I'd buy it (as I already own Gamecube DKJB). The game was designed for bongos, might be best to leave it at that. However, the movement scheme fits the Wii controllers perfectly, so it may just be a good idea.

Possibly it could have an online leader board? That would be interesting...

I'd rather wait for Pikmin 3. Possibly they will use this Pikmin re-make to introduce the new Wii control scheme. But then, that would make Pikmin 3 less original.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Jomingo » October 3rd, 2008, 9:40 am

Did they ever comfirm it was Pikmin 3? I thought they just said they were making another Pikmin game, in which case I hope they don't try to pass the Pikmin remake as such...

As for this, eh. I mean, from one screenshot somebody said they thought they saw three hearts in the corner. Perhaps they are adding health(which is a pretty drastic change for a port), and then maybe they'll be making other changes... other than just the control scheme of course.

About it no longer using bongos, I don't care. The bongos were dumb anyway, and of course by creating them Nintendo had to actually use them, and thus DK was stuck doing nothing but bongo games. He escaped that fate on the Wii, and I'd like to keep it that way. Besides, I rented Junglebeat twice, but the first time was before I owned a pair of Bongos, so I was used to using a controller...

You know, if they do make drastic changes, I'd like them to perhaps add Diddy in there. I mean, that is pretty drastic, but I can see it working without them changing much else of the game. I know that would disprove my "DKJB DK is Cranky" theory, but hey, I'd be ok with that if Diddy was included.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Swing King » October 3rd, 2008, 10:05 am

Now I want only one thing changed, after you beat the Ghastly King a tall, muscular, and demented looking Kremling appears and does battle.(It's not K.Rool though) And, if EAD Tokyo learned their lesson they could make an actual story and clearly state that DK is actually a younger Cranky.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby Jomingo » October 3rd, 2008, 10:15 am

Yeah, that would be the day. Does EAD Tokyo even know who Cranky is? They probably don't know he looked like DK when he was younger either....
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby gamer_boy997 » October 5th, 2008, 11:23 am

I'm confused. What exactly are all these Gamecube Wii-Makes?
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby Jomingo » October 5th, 2008, 11:39 am

They announced that they are remaking some gamecube games for Wii.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Tiptup Jr. » October 11th, 2008, 9:48 am

...Anyone else looking forward to this? I thought Jungle Beat was a fine game, and seeing it Wii-made brings a satisfying (albeit small) smile to my face. And also, the Party Monkeys carry Wii Remotes around! Yayyyyy!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Jomingo » November 30th, 2008, 10:38 am

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1220077_1124.html
So if you didn't know already, this is going to have barrel cannons.

Oh, and Banana coins have been spotted too.

EDIT: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/r49j/index.html

Barrel Cannons!
Ropes!
Handslap ability to get items from the ground!
DK Coins(which act as 1-ups, but still)!
Health Hearts!
An actual storyline!(Someone at the DKU translated a section of the site that had the story, and it says that the bad kongs have stolen DK's bananas and are claiming to be the Jungle Kings, so DK has to stop them!)
Almost normal Control scheme!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby DK4Ever » December 2nd, 2008, 11:17 am

Jungle Beat was fine...but...Nintendo spits on us again? Slightly?

I'll buy this, I enjoyed Jungle Beat, but..it's just not the same.

Now, honestly, the Pikmin 2 Wii-make excites me a bit more. More Pikmin? Man, I hope so.

And if they do Melee....they BETTER do Melee...grr...
Treasure Hunter

Postby The Angry Sun » December 2nd, 2008, 12:22 pm

Jomingo wrote:http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1220077_1124.html
So if you didn't know already, this is going to have barrel cannons.

Oh, and Banana coins have been spotted too.

EDIT: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/r49j/index.html

Barrel Cannons!
Ropes!
Handslap ability to get items from the ground!
DK Coins(which act as 1-ups, but still)!
Health Hearts!
An actual storyline!(Someone at the DKU translated a section of the site that had the story, and it says that the bad kongs have stolen DK's bananas and are claiming to be the Jungle Kings, so DK has to stop them!)
Almost normal Control scheme!

I KNOW! :o

It's almost like DKC4.
Trainee Trekker

Postby Jomingo » December 2nd, 2008, 10:42 pm

Yeah, DK4Ever, this isn't like NIntendo spitting on us again. This is like Nintendo trying to rectify their mistake. Granted, this is no DKC4, but it's gonna be a hell of a lot better than the original Jungle Beat.

Edit: Here's a screenshot of a party monkey with glasses that hangs in an orange bush and gives advice on controls and stuff. I've officially deemed him Smarty Monkey.
smarty monkey2.png
smarty monkey2.png (139.51 KiB) Viewed 34851 times

Here it is zoomed in:
smarty monkey.png
smarty monkey.png (89.56 KiB) Viewed 34851 times
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Tiptup Jr. » December 10th, 2008, 3:06 am

Um... Is it just me, or is Nintendo saying Donkey Kong is Jesus Christ?

The King of Kings! Donkey Kong is here!!

I mean, he's cool, but.... :?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Sean » December 10th, 2008, 5:58 am

That was the slogan of the Gamecube version as well.
Trainee Trekker

Postby Tiptup Jr. » December 10th, 2008, 8:41 am

Really? I never noticed. Which is weird because I loved the fruck out of this game. I gots all mah 72 crests right thar too.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Jomingo » May 10th, 2009, 11:00 am

Wow, you know we have low activity when a DK fansite doesn't even discuss the release of DK's latest game(granted, it is a port...)

Yeah, so I'm going to buy it as soon as possible. I hear that there's a new end boss fight!!!!!

EXCITEMENT!!!!!

EDIT: I bought it a couple hours ago, and I'm loving it. It's amazing how a few simple changes can make it feel almost like a succesor to the DKCs.

EDITEDIT: Yeah, so I just finished the game completely. It was effing AWESOME!
Seriously, why does nobody else have this game?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Scraps69 » May 2nd, 2010, 8:02 pm

I got it halfway through last year as well :D. I finished the game completely (where DK wears a crown while you play). It was pretty awesome even though the spirit of DK was changed a bit.

What was your highest banana count in any of the levels? I got about 2,950 bananas in pineapple kingdom I think ? (the one where there is a stage full of water, and you fight karate kong I think).

I really liked the one on one battles against the kongs. Made me feel like a badass though my hands would hurt fighting one after the other in that special kong mode.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 2

Postby Tiptup Jr. » June 17th, 2010, 6:02 am

Yeah, sorry for bumping, but Jomingo... I'm assuming you've never played the original. That excitement's not from playing an awesome, DKC-esque remake of a dodgy game: Jungle Beat is just generally fun. I loved the crap out of it, especially the combo system. But I can't imagine playing it without the bongos.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Jomingo » June 17th, 2010, 12:03 pm

Perhaps I'm not understanding you but what exactly did I say to indicate I never played the original? Because I played the original all the way through twice back in 2006, and I loved it both times. Of course, I love the remake even more, but I digress.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Tiptup Jr. » June 17th, 2010, 2:32 pm

Oh... for some reason I thought you said you hadn`t. Never mind then. I`m retarded.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Return to DK's Bongo Titles