DKC - Entrance Randomizer

Share and discuss DKC ROM hacks

DKC - Entrance Randomizer

Postby rainbowsprinklez » June 14th, 2019, 12:35 am

This is an entrance randomizer for DKC! This expects a 1.0 U version of this game. Header and no header are both supported. This was developed using private tools, mainly. I don’t fancy myself much of a hacker. I am more a programming student. Therefore, there may be some cut corners in my previous work!

This randomizes entrances based on seed. Overworld has effectively been removed. Going to bonuses has been removed, but their entrances haven’t been! Going to any exit (level exit, bonus, warp, etc) takes you to a new entrance!

There are a few exceptions to this rule though. Kong Cabin and hoard aren’t randomized. Also, all bosses on defeat (minus K Rool) bring you back to 1-1!

That brings about the next bit. Bosses. You have to beat 4 bosses for the Big Bad Kremling to appear himself to take you on. I guess he wants to make sure you are worthy?

In any matter, this randomizer provides a variety of ways to play too! Read the README included in the 7z for more details! This hack is nonstop fun from the moment you start to the moment you perform the killing strike to K Rool!

Go to http://www.twitch.tv/rainbowsprinklez to download the current version
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 108

Re: DKC - Entrance Randomizer

Postby rainbowsprinklez » February 25th, 2023, 1:04 am

I made a brief tutorial on this as well as I will be starting a series of randomizer vids!

Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 108

Return to ROM Hacks