SUPER RILKI COUNTRY SERIES (on hold)

Share and discuss DKC ROM hacks

SUPER RILKI COUNTRY SERIES (on hold)

Postby riki2321gamer » February 14th, 2018, 3:56 pm

What exactly?

Hey, this is the galvin/rilki country series post. It's a series of "funny hacks" which you may enjoy. What is galvin?
Spoiler!
Gavin is one of my friends who really likes screaming and making funny stuff, One day he decided to record his screaming, and so this happened.

Enjoy. below.

SUPER RILKI/GALVIN COUNTRY 2 : DIXIE'S SINGLE TROUBLE

The most mature hack ever! hey guys galvin here

NEW HACK!!!!! :dixiehappy: :banana: :banana: , Anyways, this is a romhack I made, As you may be expecting, This is a joke hack of some sort, but also a bit innovative? It has custom samples, unfunny music, bad levels (maybe decent, who knows, I don't really know level design that much), And this Is the game itself. Also, probably the first joke hack which has funny stuff?

Update History :
Game is finished. Video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sieEIBeyVgQ

AFTER HOURS OF WORK
it is finished. https://www.dropbox.com/s/158735l6z4vn0 ... 2.ips?dl=0 , its for en,fr (NTSC-U)

SUPER RILKI/GALVIN COUNTRY

Update History :
On progress
On hold, Too busy making other epic stuff.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 6

Re: SUPER RILKI COUNTRY SERIES (now working on 1 and 2)

Postby rainbowsprinklez » May 12th, 2018, 3:34 am

This is AWESOME! What tools are you using? I prefer hex for everything.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 108

Postby riki2321gamer » May 17th, 2018, 3:55 am

rainbowsprinklez wrote:This is AWESOME! What tools are you using? I prefer hex for everything.

SGM2 (for sample insertion, level editing, etc), Platinum (Map editing), and HxD for certain edits and stuff (dixie at start edit for example, level names, etc). Audacity for audio editing (tuning the screaming, making sure everything sounded good, good audio space managing). thanks for the epic criticism by the way :dixiehappy:
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 6

Postby rainbowsprinklez » May 17th, 2018, 7:05 am

riki2321gamer wrote:Audacity for audio editing (tuning the screaming, making sure everything sounded bad, good audio space managing)

Awww, don't downplay your own work! :P I like HxD too. I especially like its compare features. Currently I'm using Frhed (Free hex editor) It allows you to zoom which is why I like it. However, it is VERY buggy.

How are you using Audacity? Are you just copying the bytes over to a new file and then opening that file in Audacity?

***EDIT*** I'm using Audacity... how do you import/export the tracks? I am copying all the bytes into a new file and try to use that...
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 108

Postby riki2321gamer » May 17th, 2018, 8:40 am

rainbowsprinklez wrote:
riki2321gamer wrote:Audacity for audio editing (tuning the screaming, making sure everything sounded bad, good audio space managing)

Awww, don't downplay your own work! :P I like HxD too. I especially like its compare features. Currently I'm using Frhed (Free hex editor) It allows you to zoom which is why I like it. However, it is VERY buggy.

How are you using Audacity? Are you just copying the bytes over to a new file and then opening that file in Audacity?

***EDIT*** I'm using Audacity... how do you import/export the tracks? I am copying all the bytes into a new file and try to use that...

Well, I am ripping the samples using the BRR editor from SGM 2 (export to wav), then I open that into audacity.. then insert some "audio" (screaming in my case) then save that to a wav file, then import it in SGM 2.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 6

Postby rainbowsprinklez » May 20th, 2018, 3:45 am

riki2321gamer wrote:Well, I am ripping the samples using the BRR editor from SGM 2 (export to wav), then I open that into audacity.. then insert some "audio" (screaming in my case) then save that to a wav file, then import it in SGM 2.

Unfortunately, dkc1 does not have such resources :( How far did you get in your hack?
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 108

Postby riki2321gamer » May 21st, 2018, 1:40 am

rainbowsprinklez wrote:
riki2321gamer wrote:Well, I am ripping the samples using the BRR editor from SGM 2 (export to wav), then I open that into audacity.. then insert some "audio" (screaming in my case) then save that to a wav file, then import it in SGM 2.

Unfortunately, dkc1 does not have such resources :( How far did you get in your hack?

Only world 1 was finished.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 6

Postby rainbowsprinklez » May 21st, 2018, 4:38 am

riki2321gamer wrote:Only world 1 was finished.

Sweet! What tools are you using? My hack (in development) only messes with objects. Terrain/cameras are all the same. I am mainly using a hex editor
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 108

Re: SUPER RILKI COUNTRY SERIES (2 released, 1 wip)

Postby riki2321gamer » May 23rd, 2018, 2:59 am

Well I am just using dkc resource editor for now.

By the way, have a preview of K Galvin
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... l_boss.mp3
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 6

Re: SUPER RILKI COUNTRY SERIES (2 released, 1 wip)

Postby rainbowsprinklez » May 23rd, 2018, 3:43 am

How are you editing music in dkcre? Last I checked it didn't have functionality for that
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 108

Re: SUPER RILKI COUNTRY SERIES (STILL ALIVE)

Postby riki2321gamer » May 26th, 2018, 3:49 pm

I actually am ripping SPCs (spc2it) then editing the samples, tuning them (openMPT), no real music work here lol

If i am to make Super Galvin Country 1 a thing maybe (already a thing), It will probably use MSU-1 to have all the music.

Today I was bored at 2AM, and composed all of this art :o

EDIT : Whoops, all of the links in there died, sorry
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 6

Re: SUPER RILKI COUNTRY SERIES (on hold)

Postby riki2321gamer » December 26th, 2020, 5:03 pm

After almost 3 years I'll post an update on this, the hack was never finished and I don't think it will ever be finished, It's lost a lot of it's funny value over the year (humor didn't age that well, I mean, replacing sounds with random stuff is still funny nowadays, but in my opinion it didn't age well here) and honestly I think the only part of the game that was actually funny was the K Rool fight. I'm not that motivated to continue working on this anymore, I'm not sure if any of the links on here are dead. :dixiecry: Really shows how weird my humor was when I was younger, lol.

If anyone still wants the downloads for these (if the links are down somehow, I can't check), PM me and hope I answer. I'll leave this post and everything here up just for the sake of archival so I can come back to it years later to remember this (if this site is still alive by then..)
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 6

Return to ROM Hacks