Do any of the DK hacks work on real hardware?

Share and discuss DKC ROM hacks

Do any of the DK hacks work on real hardware?

Postby Markfrizb » October 25th, 2014, 4:11 pm

I've been following the work of several different DK remakes and edits for a while. I'm amazed at the talent and skill of your guys! But one question I have is if anyone tries their hacks/remakes/creations on real hardware (Snes specifically)?
The emulators are not representative of a real console unless its BSNES accurate version. All the others bend the rules so to speak. If these games could be played on real hardware, I will truly be amazed. With several different types of flash carts available these days, it would be easy to flash a CF card with the game to test. Of course with real hardware, you can't (or shouldn't) make a game that NEEDS save states to complete.
Anyways, just wondering if anyone has tested or play their creations on real hardware.
Keep up the awesomeness!
Newcomer

Re: Do any of the DK hacks work on real hardware?

Postby AneSDK » August 30th, 2015, 9:17 am

I don't think it's possible.
The only thing close to play our own hacks on an hardware is on an Android tablet (Snes9x EX+) or on a PSP (Snes9x Euphoria)

But yeah, I would be amazed if that ever happened
Newcomer
Bananas received 1

Re: Do any of the DK hacks work on real hardware?

Postby Tompa » August 31st, 2015, 12:12 am

It is possible and has been done many many times. You can easily find games like Super Metroid Redesign, The Legend of Zelda Outlands, Zelda Parallel Worlds etc. etc. put on a regular game cartridge and up for sale. There are guides online that will explain how to this if you are unfamiliar with it. Some people will also do it for your for a fee.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 45

Return to ROM Hacks