DKC Atlas Collaboration Hack

Share and discuss DKC ROM hacks

DKC Atlas Collaboration Hack

Postby a8879 » August 17th, 2014, 2:21 pm

Hello, I'm currently working on my own hack, but I was surprised to see that there has not been a collaboration project for this game. I know the editor is still in it's primitive stages, but I think the community could create a nice hack for DKC1.

Anybody interested in collaborating? Each person could sign up for a level or levels simply by being the first one to pledge so.
Newcomer

Re: DKC Atlas Collaboration Hack

Postby Cody » August 29th, 2014, 8:21 am

Sure, I'd love to collaborate.

While still in its primitive stages (relatively-speaking), the DKCRE editor is more than capable of making an awesome hack. Map editing in particular is my favorite part... it's just so fun
If you'd like, want to make a hack together, just us? If you'd like some proof of my editing abilities, feel free to ask. I'll record some footage of level segments I'm particularly proud of.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby spaceman2028 » August 29th, 2014, 9:16 am

You can get Phyreburnz and mattrizzle to help you with custom sprites as well!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Phyreburnz » August 29th, 2014, 1:11 pm

Everybody is always welcome to my custom sprites (that's the whole reason I made them, for everybody else, not me! I can't program).
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Qyzbud » August 29th, 2014, 2:41 pm

I would perhaps be interested in contributing, at some point. :)

Prior to his recent absence, Simion was working hard on a DKCRE feature that would allow for the intelligent/automatic placement of level terrain tiles, based on just the "physical" (read: gameplay-influencing) surfaces one wishes to place. If and when he ever gets that system sorted, it'd make it monumentally quicker and easier to create hacks that look as good as Rare's levels did. Personally, I'd like to wait for such a feature, as it'd make the process a lot less tedious.

I apologise if I just spat in the face of everything ROM hacking stands for. :P

spaceman2028 wrote:You can get Phyreburnz and mattrizzle to help you with custom sprites as well!

Before you go nominating people for various things, just keep in mind the following quote:

In a previous topic, Mattrizzle wrote:[...] if anyone is thinking about asking me the question "Will you do it for me?" my answer is no. If I started taking requests, they would never cease and I would be buried in a pile of them. [link]

Although Phyre and Mattrizzle contribute a lot to the community, they don't have an unlimited amount of free time. They both get asked to do a lot, so don't be surprised if they can't/won't involve themselves with every project that comes along.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Return to ROM Hacks