Carnage Cart Mines [Levels in "Mirror Mode"]

Share and discuss DKC ROM hacks

Carnage Cart Mines [Levels in "Mirror Mode"]

Postby Simion32 » June 27th, 2011, 1:01 pm

Trust me, this is very difficult. ;)

DKC1_CarnageCartMines_v1.00.ips
This is just a little taste of what DKCRE can do.
Includes a warp and a few extra "secrets", too.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Re: Carnage Cart Mines [Levels in "Mirror Mode"]

Postby Scraps69 » June 28th, 2011, 3:41 pm

Cool level though there's a few game breaking bugs. Pity you couldn't apply this to the other mine cart level for DKC Reloaded >< heh ah well.

If you survive to the middle section and break a DK barrel, DK or Diddy won't come out and join you in the cart. If you get hit afterwards the mine cart simply freezes and never moves as it is waiting for a KONG that is never coming.

Also if you survive further, the section with two blast barrels (the first which shoots down and the second which shoots up left then another shooting right and into a mine cart)... the game blacks out.

If you start from mid barrel point (meaning you lost a life) and you get to the just above mentioned section, then the mine cart doesn't go on the track and you die automatically.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 2

Postby Simion32 » June 28th, 2011, 4:05 pm

Try jumping immediately as soon as you hit the cart on top after the cannons. Also, do NOT jump when going in the barrels or it freezes.

If you really need to, load it up in DKCRE and temporarily hack out the barrel cannons or something. I know I've played it the whole way through without a crash. ;)
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Scraps69 » June 29th, 2011, 7:50 am

AH yep works heh. Quite a hard level very appropriate for much later in the game!

Interesting ideas with barrel cannons and mine cart though.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 2

Return to ROM Hacks