SDK3 Hack: How to view some sprites

Share and discuss DKC ROM hacks

SDK3 Hack: How to view some sprites

Postby Krow111 » October 12th, 2010, 11:53 am

You'll need the Super Donkey Kong 3 editor. Select Skidda's Row and change the 8th object (red box with #8 in it) to Squirt (near the bottom of the list). Change the y digit to 255 to view all the sprites. Then, play the game and go to Skidda's Row where Squirt is and disable BG layer 2 and 3. Wait a bit and his eyelids (for some strange reason I cannot explain :? ) will become sprites! (In Squirt's eyelid palette). Then, turn on BG layers 2 and 3 and go farther in the level until you see glitched graphics go down the screen. Then, disable BG layer 3 and start heading back to Squirt. When you get to Squirt disable BG layer 2. He should have a new set of sprites (this seems to be at random and won't always work, plus your game will crash after the TNT Knocka :( ). However, if you walk away before the screen glitches up, you can see more sprites such as Kobble (which is all I've seen so far, but there's most likely more ;). The first set includes K. Rool, the Kong helpers (not Cranky), Swanky's barrel (used in the credits) Dixie and Kiddy walking on the map, Banana Bird Queen's head, a spinning object, and some water (Knautilus?). The second set mainly includes baddies, BB Queen (map), K. Rool (map), Dixie and Kiddy (everything other than walking (map)), and the vehicles (map). I now have a snapshot from both sets.
Super Donkey Kong 3 - Nazo no Krems Shima (J) (V1.0)_00000.png
An example of the the first set.
Super Donkey Kong 3 - Nazo no Krems Shima (J) (V1.0)_00000.png (36.18 KiB) Viewed 7963 times
Attachments
Super Donkey Kong 3 - Nazo no Krems Shima (J) (V1.0)_00001.png
An example of the second set.
Note: the sprite on the right is K. Rool on the map. (For the 103% ending)
Super Donkey Kong 3 - Nazo no Krems Shima (J) (V1.0)_00001.png (35.36 KiB) Viewed 7920 times
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 3

Return to ROM Hacks