Donkey Kong Country 2 - The Lost Levels [RELEASED]

Share and discuss DKC ROM hacks

Donkey Kong Country 2 - The Lost Levels [RELEASED]

Postby LucasRangel » February 3rd, 2016, 2:13 am

[UPDATE]

*Correção do glitch da red zinger que trava o jogo no level "BLUE-TAIL TROUBLE".
*Correção do glitch que trava o jogo ao completar o level "DEEP TYRES TROUBLE".(Esse glitch estava acontecendo por causa dos tyres (pneus) que tinha ao longo do level então para evita-lo refiz o conceito do level, que agora se chama "DEEP DANGEROUS DOORS".
*Coloquei o nome em um level que eu havia esquecido, de "KLOBBER KARNAGE" para "BUBBLE BALL BASHING".
*Nova Paleta de cor para o level "BLUE-TAIL TROUBLE".
*Nova Paleta de cor para o level "HOT HANGAR", atual "ENGUARDE PANIC".
*Nova Paleta de cor para o level "BOOGIE BIRD".

* Glitch correction of red zinger catching the game on level "BLUE-TAIL TROUBLE".
* Glitch correction catching game to complete the level "DEEP TYRES TROUBLE." (This glitch was happening because of the tires (tires) that had over level so to avoid it redid the concept level, now called "DEEP DANGEROUS DOORS".
* I put a name on a level that I had forgotten, of "KLOBBER Karnage" to "BUBBLE BALL BASHING".
* New color palette for level "BLUE-TAIL TROUBLE".
* New color palette for level "HOT HANGAR" current "Enguarde PANIC".
* New color palette for level "BOOGIE BIRD".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aqui esta O Donkey Kong Country 2 - The Lost Levels

Aproveitem

Se acontecer alguma Falha crítica no Jogo Por favor me avisem.

[GOOGLE TRANSLATE]

Here is The Donkey Kong Country 2 - The Lost Levels

Enjoy

If something critical glitch Game Please let me know .
Attachments
Donkey Kong Country 2 - The Lost Levels.rar
Original ROM : Donkey Kong Country 2 - Diddy's Kong Quest (USA) (En,Fr).sfc
Bug Fix : V1.1
Bug Fix : DK Coin in the "DEEP DANGEROUS DOORS".
(159.38 KiB) Downloaded 20375 times
Tourist
Bananas received 11

Re: Donkey Kong Country 2 - The Lost Levels

Postby MatiZ » February 3rd, 2016, 5:43 am

I like this idea and looking forward to it :thumbs:
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 85

Re: Donkey Kong Country 2 - The Lost Levels [RELEASED]

Postby AceDarkStar » April 3rd, 2016, 7:26 am

Just got done the 1st world of the game and I have to say this is a very nice hack :nicework: . Its not too difficult and each level has been changed and looks unique. Even the bonus rooms were changed too. Thank you very much LucasRangel for creating/posting this hack :)
Newcomer
Bananas received 1

Postby LucasRangel » April 4th, 2016, 3:17 am

Thank you very much . I'm glad you liked it.
Tourist
Bananas received 11

Postby Flaming Red » April 8th, 2016, 10:34 pm

Sem dúvidas um dos melhores hacks que já joguei, sendo até digno de ser semelhante a um próprio da franquia pela originalidade dos níveis.
Existe alguns bugs e glitchs que não influenciam em praticamente nada se for jogar pela diversão.
O único problema que achei, não é crítico, mas torna chato, por exemplo, alguns níveis mesmo depois de completa-los, no mapa ainda conta como não pego os Kremcoins, e alguns só passam a ser completos com o "!" após completar outros mundos. DK coins não teve problemas.
Só tenho uma pergunta... Apenas me falta 1 Kremcoin para ir ao último nível de Lost World, mas tem 2 níveis que estão incompletos: Reptile Rise (encontrei 2 bonus) e Endless Elevator (1 bonus). Poderia me dizer se há mais algum bonus nestes níveis? Já estou a 2 dias refazendo elas e não acho.
Ah, já aproveito para dizer que estou orgulhoso que seja um brasileiro a ter iniciado este excelente projeto.

English translation:

Google Translate wrote:No doubt one of the best hacks I've ever played, and even worthy to be similar to their own franchise for the originality of levels.
There are some bugs and glitches that do not influence on virtually nothing if playing for fun.
The only problem I found is not critical, but becomes boring, for example, some levels even after completing them, the map still has not caught as the Kremcoins, and some only become complete with the "!" after completing other worlds. DK coins had no problems.
I only have one question ... I miss just 1 Kremcoin to go to the last level of Lost World, but has 2 levels that are incomplete: Reptile Rise (found 2 bonus) and Endless Elevator (1 bonus). Could you tell me if there's a bonus in these levels? I'm already two days redoing them and do not think.
Oh, I take this opportunity to say that I am proud to be a Brazilian to have started this great project.
Newcomer
Bananas received 2

Postby LucasRangel » April 9th, 2016, 7:06 am

Muito obrigado, fico muito feliz que tenha gostado. E sobre esse glitch dos kremkoins ,creio que isso é uma coisa que eu não possa mudar, a não ser que eu deixasse cada level com a sua quantidade de bonus original mas como eu estava querendo explorar a hack o máximo possível resolvir mudar alguns bonus de lugar, enfin vou fazer uma lista com a quantidade certa de bonus em cada level. E o level que esta faltando kremkoin é o Endless elevator, pois o reptile rise é o unico nível que esta sem o "!" quando completo.

English translation:

Google Translate wrote:Thank you, I'm very glad you like it. And about this glitch of kremkoins, I think that's something I can not change, unless I let each level with your amount of original bonus but as I was wanting to explore the hack as much as possible resolvir change some bonus place, enfin I will make a list with the right amount of bonus in each level. And the level that is missing is the kremkoin Endless elevator because the reptile rise is the only level that without the "!" when complete.
Tourist
Bananas received 11

Postby Flaming Red » April 10th, 2016, 12:25 am

Muito obrigado por esclarecer minha dúvida! Agora consegui terminar com todos os itens. :mrgreen:
Já estou ancioso para algum futuro hack!
:nicework:

English:

Thank you for clarifying my doubt! Now I managed to finish with all items. 
I'm already looking forward to some future hack!
Newcomer
Bananas received 2

Postby Marcolate » April 10th, 2016, 4:17 am

Olá Lucas, tem como vc fazer o patch no formato "ips" tbm? Aí poderei postar um feedback pra vc.

Arquivos .bps não rodam de jeito nenhum no meu PC devido a um conflito com o Visual Studio. Abs.

Esquece, consegui aplicar o patch graças a um app de android. Vou jogar depois posto feedback.

Hello Lucas, how you have to patch in the format "ips" also? Then i can post a feedback pra vc.

.bps files do not run at all on my PC because of a conflict with Visual Studio. Abs.

Nevermind, I managed to patch thanks to an android app. I will play then post feedback after.

https://gbatemp.net/attachments/ips-patcher-zip.3542/
Newcomer
Bananas received 2

Postby Marcolate » April 16th, 2016, 6:29 am

To achando foda o hack. Só achei que a dificuldade aumentou muito súbitamente do mundo 1 pro mundo 2, mas os design das fases são sensacionais. Moedas DK bem escondidas, só achei 3 até agora. To na 1ª do pântano.

Só ocorreram apenas 2 bugs críticos (tive que resetar a rom pois to tentando jogar sem savestates)

Um deles na 2ªa fase do 2º mundo, após pegar o barril de invencibilidade fiquei preso pra sempre na abelha vermelha.

Outro foi na 4ª fase do 1º mundo, onde dixie ficou parado forever na linha de chegada. De resto ta beleza.

Google Translate

To finding effing hack. I just thought that the difficulty greatly increased suddenly the world 1 2 pro world, but the design phase are sensational. Currencies well hidden DK, found only 3 so far. To the 1st of the swamp.

Only there were only two critical bugs (had to reset the rom as game as trying to play without savestates)

One in 2ªa phase of the 2nd world after picking up the invincibility barrel was stuck forever in the red bee.
[Img] http://i.imgur.com/HvFZVJc.jpg [/ img]

Another was in the 4th stage of the 1st world where dixie stood forever at the finish line. Moreover it's beauty.
Newcomer
Bananas received 2

Postby LucasRangel » April 16th, 2016, 8:39 am

Obrigado pelas observações, vou fazer uma revisão e tentar resolver essas falhas.

Thanks for the comments , I will do a review and try to solve these glitches .
Tourist
Bananas received 11

Postby LucasRangel » April 16th, 2016, 12:24 pm

-----------------Kremkoins--------------------

Como eu mudei alguns bonus de lugar vou postar essa lista para ajudar a completar o jogo 100%.
[Obs: Alguns levels aparecerão o "!" antes de estarem completos, e o unico level que não constará como completo é o "REPTILE RISE"].

As I moved some place bonus will post this list to help complete the game 100 % .
[Note : Some levels appear the "!" before they are complete, and the only level that will not be included as full is the " REPTILE RISE "].

1-1 [3 Bonus] 2-1 [3 Bonus] 3-1 [2 Bonus] 4-1 [3 Bonus] 5-1 [2 Bonus] 6-1 [2 Bonus] 7-1 [1 Bonus] 8-1 [1 Bonus]
1-2 [3 Bonus] 2-2 [2 Bonus] 3-2 [2 Bonus] 4-2 [2 Bonus] 5-2 [3 Bonus] 6-2 [2 Bonus] 8-2 [1 Bonus]
1-3 [2 Bonus] 2-3 [1 Bonus] 3-3 [1 Bonus] 4-3 [1 Bonus] 5-3 [1 Bonus] 6-3 [2 Bonus] 8-3 [1 Bonus]
1-4 [1 Bonus] 2-4 [2 Bonus] 3-4 [3 Bonus] 4-4 [1 Bonus] 5-4 [3 Bonus] 6-4 [2 Bonus] 8-4 [1 Bonus]
1-5 [2 Bonus] 2-5 [2 Bonus] 3-5 [2 Bonus] 4-5 [2 Bonus] 5-5 [2 Bonus] 6-5 [2 Bonus] 8-5 [1 Bonus]
3-6 [2 Bonus] 4-6 [2 Bonus] 6-6 [1 Bonus]
Tourist
Bananas received 11

Postby the_kong_br » May 5th, 2016, 1:27 pm

Parabéns pela iniciativa, guerreiro! DKC 2 é o melhor, na minha opinião.

(Congratulations on your initiative! DKC2 is the best, in my opinion.)
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 12

Postby wildcompassion » May 21st, 2016, 6:47 am

This looks so awesome, why so many of these games NO WORK ON MAC?
mac is the most popular computer! why...
Newcomer

Postby VideoViking » May 21st, 2016, 10:46 am

Windows (and Linux) make their programming code accessible for everyone to use. C++.

Mac doesn't always give out its programming code for fear of reverse engineering and hacking... in the wrong hands, that is. And that is a completely off-topic story.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 41

Postby Edvy » May 26th, 2016, 11:27 am

So whenever I use the beat patcher, it says that the patch failed to patch. Why is it not working for me??
Newcomer

Postby Kingizor » May 26th, 2016, 12:01 pm

The bps patch format requires that the file to be patched is the same as the one the patch was made for. Some patchers can ignore this rule, but it's generally not a good idea to do that unless you know what you're doing.

In this case the ROM to be patched should be the clean, unheadered v1.0 USA version of DKC2. Any deviations such as the presence of a copier header, interleaving, corruption as well as damaged or alternate versions of the ROM will trigger that error in beat.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 77

Postby Edvy » May 27th, 2016, 8:37 am

Kingizor wrote:The bps patch format requires that the file to be patched is the same as the one the patch was made for. Some patchers can ignore this rule, but it's generally not a good idea to do that unless you know what you're doing.

In this case the ROM to be patched should be the clean, unheadered v1.0 USA version of DKC2. Any deviations such as the presence of a copier header, interleaving, corruption as well as damaged or alternate versions of the ROM will trigger that error in beat.

I found the and now my beat app keep crashing... I just really want to play this :dixiecry:
Newcomer

Postby Edvy » May 29th, 2016, 4:40 am

Im am at World 4 in this game, and the dangerous doors level is glitchy as crap. I was at the end of the level, and a door somehow hit me and I died, and got a game over. Another problem is sometimes the door will just close itself back, and it forces you to sacrafice a monkey. Other than that the rom itself is the best dkc hack out there, but its just really glitchy at times.
Newcomer

Postby RandomR » June 20th, 2016, 7:20 am

-English-
So, there's this bonus room that I can't understand. It's on Traumatic Tunnels, on K. Rool's Keep. There's one Klobber TNT and a Kannon off-screen. The bonus says that I should "Destroy them all!", but nothing happens once I defeat these 2 enemies... did someone had the same problem? Is this a patching error?

-Português-
Então, tem esse bônus que eu não to entendendo. É na fase Traumatic Tunnels, no K. Rool's Keep. Tem um Klobber TNT e um Kannon fora da tela. O bônus diz que eu devo "destruir todos", mas nada acontece quando eu derroto esses dois... alguém teve o mesmo problema? Isso é um erro de patch?
Newcomer
Bananas received 2

Postby LucasRangel » June 20th, 2016, 10:12 am

Você deve pular no klobber até a moeda aparecer.
Tourist
Bananas received 11

Postby DarkFeposo » June 25th, 2016, 2:06 pm

Joguei sua rom hack até o final do primeiro mundo e devo dizer que está ótima.
O fator de explorar me fez ficar viciado, não é como um DKC2 linear, só ir reto e pouca exploração.
Fico feliz de encontrar um brasileiro que pratica hackear DKC. (Se algum dia puder me ensinar, ficaria agradecido haha)
Newcomer
Bananas received 1

Postby LucasRangel » July 17th, 2016, 4:49 am

DarkFeposo, fico muito feliz em saber que gostou, e também existem brasileiros que curtem esse tipo de trabalho. E te digo, que pode parecer complicado, mais na verdade não é, os programas que eu usei são muito intuitivos, e práticos de se usar, eu aprendi sozinho fiquei "fuçano" no programa ate descobrir tudo que ele pode fazer, e depois é só soltar a criatividade, eu realmente gostei muito disso, e quem sabe mais no futuro volto a criar outra hack.
Tourist
Bananas received 11

Postby Evoluzione » August 29th, 2016, 11:54 pm

Comecei a jogar agora essa hack. Achei muito boa, excelente e muito diferente das outras que só focam em aumentar a dificuldade, tirando às vezes a diversão e exploração como disse o cara ai. A dificuldade realmente aumenta muito no world 2, mas nada impossível, deixando "desafiador".

O único "defeito" que achei foi a fase "Blue-Tail trouble". Ela é muito chata, não se trata de dificuldade alta ou nada do tipo, só é chata mesmo.

Gostaria MUITO de ver uma "continuação" ou outra hack semelhante. Parabéns.
Newcomer
Bananas received 1

Postby remek-dk » October 25th, 2016, 1:20 am

hey, this was an excellent ROM hack of DKC2 best hacking I've played. not to difficult and Balanced and interesting courses and effects. well done!: D you have plans to do more hacks in the future perhaps?
Newcomer
Bananas received 2

Postby andreiveiga » October 28th, 2016, 7:33 am

Cara, não consigo passar o boss do 5º mundo, chega na ultima fase quando mato o bicho pra pegar o barril o barril aparece mas explode automaticamente fazendo com que eu não consiga passar a fase.
Newcomer
Bananas received 1

Postby doomero » January 4th, 2017, 3:54 am

Am sorry for my ignorance, but how i can play this hack? is like a patch?
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 77

Postby Kingizor » January 4th, 2017, 4:32 am

Yes, looks like a bps patch inside that rar archive. Try beat or Flips to patch.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 77

Postby doomero » January 7th, 2017, 1:08 pm

I beat the hack, some levels are very hard, but very well done...some bonus are impossible to beat and other are buggy (some kill them all bonus, the kremcoin not appear). well, i joined 30 Dk barrels, 75% ... and only left 2 lost world levels for play (krazy kremland and krool´s keep). By the way...where is the Dk coin in level 2 of the first world?
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 77

Postby VideoViking » February 14th, 2017, 2:40 pm

YouTube video gamer Sky Hurricane just completed his (blind) play through of The Lost Levels:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... NE3omzxepG
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 41

Postby L_Sky » August 8th, 2017, 7:55 pm

Hello Lucas, thanks for your game, it's amazing ! Hope you are working on the same hack for DKC3 !
Tourist
Bananas received 4

Postby Cody » August 12th, 2017, 6:47 pm

What a fantastic hack -- thank you so much!!

VideoViking wrote:YouTube video gamer Sky Hurricane just completed his (blind) play through of The Lost Levels:

These videos are pretty entertaining.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Super Luigi! » August 26th, 2017, 1:45 am

Now that I think about it, I never played this hack once it finished. Perhaps I should? I'll definitely look into it, LucasRangel. If there's anything you need to tell me before then, just let me know.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby LucasRangel » August 26th, 2017, 6:38 am

Evoluzione wrote:Comecei a jogar agora essa hack. Achei muito boa, excelente e muito diferente das outras que só focam em aumentar a dificuldade, tirando às vezes a diversão e exploração como disse o cara ai. A dificuldade realmente aumenta muito no world 2, mas nada impossível, deixando "desafiador".

O único "defeito" que achei foi a fase "Blue-Tail trouble". Ela é muito chata, não se trata de dificuldade alta ou nada do tipo, só é chata mesmo.

Gostaria MUITO de ver uma "continuação" ou outra hack semelhante. Parabéns.

Thanks for the compliments and criticism, unfortunately at the moment I'm not having plans to create another hack :dixiecry:
[GOOGLE TRANSLATE]
Tourist
Bananas received 11

Postby LucasRangel » August 26th, 2017, 6:42 am

remek-dk wrote:hey, this was an excellent ROM hack of DKC2 best hacking I've played. not to difficult and Balanced and interesting courses and effects. well done!: D you have plans to do more hacks in the future perhaps?

Many thanks friend. I'm sorry but at the moment I do not have time to dedicate myself to a new project ...
Tourist
Bananas received 11

Postby LucasRangel » August 26th, 2017, 6:45 am

doomero wrote:Am sorry for my ignorance, but how i can play this hack? is like a patch?

Yes, you need a patch, try this to apply the patch: https://dl.smwcentral.net/11474/floating.zip.
[GOOGLE TRANSLATE].
Tourist
Bananas received 11

Postby LucasRangel » August 26th, 2017, 6:48 am

doomero wrote:I beat the hack, some levels are very hard, but very well done...some bonus are impossible to beat and other are buggy (some kill them all bonus, the kremcoin not appear). well, i joined 30 Dk barrels, 75% ... and only left 2 lost world levels for play (krazy kremland and krool´s keep). By the way...where is the Dk coin in level 2 of the first world?

try to get her through the bonuses. ;)
[GOOGLE TRANSLATE]
Tourist
Bananas received 11

Postby LucasRangel » August 26th, 2017, 6:49 am

VideoViking wrote:YouTube video gamer Sky Hurricane just completed his (blind) play through of The Lost Levels:

Very cool, even without knowing how to speak English watch some videos and I liked a lot :thumbs:
[GOOGLE TRANSLATE]
Tourist
Bananas received 11

Postby LucasRangel » August 26th, 2017, 6:51 am

L_Sky wrote:Hello Lucas, thanks for your game, it's amazing ! Hope you are working on the same hack for DKC3 !

Sorry my friend, but at the moment I'm not taking the time to dedicate myself to this project, but thank you.

[GOOGLE TRANSLATE]
Tourist
Bananas received 11

Postby LucasRangel » August 26th, 2017, 6:54 am

Super Luigi! wrote:Now that I think about it, I never played this hack once it finished. Perhaps I should? I'll definitely look into it, LucasRangel. If there's anything you need to tell me before then, just let me know.

I tried to bring the feeling of playing the classic games of the series. I hope you enjoy :thumbs:
[GOOGLE TRANSLATE]
Tourist
Bananas received 11

Postby Super Luigi! » November 11th, 2017, 10:30 am

I'm having a hard time playing this, LucasRangel. For some reason, the patch doesn't work. I'll keep looking into this, but I just wanted to let you know.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby emptysys » November 18th, 2017, 11:09 am

Super Luigi! wrote:I'm having a hard time playing this, LucasRangel. For some reason, the patch doesn't work. I'll keep looking into this, but I just wanted to let you know.

Try out patching it onto a "1.0 U" rom of DKC2.
Can confirm, the latest patch works with it. :)
Tourist
Bananas received 17

Postby Super Luigi! » November 19th, 2017, 3:03 pm

I've tried just about every version out there, and none of them work. I suppose I'll just forget about this then, since it doesn't seem to work. Oh well. Thanks for trying.

EDIT: Nevermind. I manged to figure it out, thanks to some help. So far, I really like this. :thumbs:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby UncleBazerko » June 20th, 2018, 12:54 pm

Hi everyone. I really want to play this hack. I got some healthy, working copies of DKC2 SNES roms, but when I try to open the attachments in LucasRangel's post of this thread, this happens:
DKC2_hack_problem.PNG
DKC2_hack_problem.PNG (12.59 KiB) Viewed 218408 times

It's been years since I've patched a rom, and I've forgotten how. Can I use Lunar IPS (the tool used for SMW Central hacks)? Is ZSNES the best emulator? I can't move on to the next step until I have a working patch for a rom.

Thanks in advance.
Tourist

Postby Kingizor » June 20th, 2018, 1:16 pm

The attached file is a RAR archive. Typically people would use 7zip or WinRar to open these to extract the files within.

The message you're getting is due to some other software running on your computer. A few minutes of Googling suggests it might be some kind of administration software, i.e. something an organization such as a school or business would put on to restrict what you can and cannot do. Avoid, if possible.

The patch itself inside the RAR file is a BPS patch which is not supported by Lunar IPS. Suitable patchers would be Beat or Floating IPS.

ZSNES is still as glorious as it ever was, but these days some flavour of bsnes or Snes9x tends to be preferred in most situations.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 77

Postby UncleBazerko » July 7th, 2018, 8:35 pm

I chose floating IPS. However, when I tried to choose an output file,
FloatingIPS.PNG
FloatingIPS.PNG (32.93 KiB) Viewed 217032 times

I got the error:
FloatingIPSerror.PNG
FloatingIPSerror.PNG (2.6 KiB) Viewed 217032 times

Does that have anything to do with choosing a .smc file as an output file?
Tourist

Postby Kingizor » July 7th, 2018, 8:54 pm

BPS (and UPS) patches have a checksum check to ensure that the file being patched is the correct one. The idea is that most older ROMs (i.e. smc) would be distributed with an unnecessary copier header that would interfere with patching.

So you'd want to use a ROM that does not have a copier header. Typically you'd want to use a tool such as NSRT to remove that copier header from your ROM, then try patching again.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 77

Return to ROM Hacks