Banjo on XBLA!

Talk about other games developed by the creators of Donkey Kong Country.

Banjo on XBLA!

Postby Jomingo » July 22nd, 2008, 3:10 am

Well, we've probably all heard about the original Banjo Kazooie coming to the Xbox Live Arcade, and that they will be updating it with better graphics and bringing back th cancelled Stop N Swap feature. Well, we knew that Stop N Swap would work between BK and Nuts and Bolts, but now we have some more news:

Tooie is also coming to XBLA, and they might bring back the original Stop N Swap compatability between BK and BT, as well as Nuts and Bolts!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Re: Banjo on XBLA!

Postby Qyzbud » August 8th, 2008, 6:55 pm

Although I may never get a chance to play these reconstructed Banjo games, it sounds pretty awesome. My younger brother showed me an improved version of Zelda: OoT that came with a Master Quest something-or-other, which was quite cool, and I've spoilt myself by playing plenty of classic N64 games (including B-K and B-T!) on emulator at vastly improved resolution and framerates... but something tells me Rare can do better than all that.

To think that Stop 'N' Swop might finally become a reality - let's hope they do something truly awesome with the concept, after all this time!
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Kowbrainz » August 8th, 2008, 8:38 pm

Hmm? The version of OoT which comes with Masterquest hasn't been improved, though; the graphics are still the same as they were on the 64.

The improved graphics sound cool; but I'm assuming they'll be taking out a lot of the tricks from the original that I've gotten used to over the past few months. I hope the new graphics aren't completely like the new game; rather, like the BK concept art they released so many years ago.

Edit: By the way, just to let people know - Rare isn't handling this port; I believe it's the same guys who handled the port of Oblivion that are doing this.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Jomingo » August 10th, 2008, 12:32 am

Isn't like 4J studios or something? Anyway, it's not Rare, but Rare is working closely with them and giving them any help or info they need in porting it. Besides, Rare must be working with them because otherwise how could they both hook up to Nuts and Bolts?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Kowbrainz » August 10th, 2008, 1:09 am

They'd obviously give details on how they'd like SnS to work, perhaps on what sort of design and visuals to use, but I doubt they'd be working too closely with them, else they may as well do the port themselves.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Jomingo » August 10th, 2008, 3:14 am

Well, I figure they'd probably need to help them with certain aspects of the originals in order to help with the porting process, just like they did when Viva Pinata was ported to the PC. There's probably certain resources they need that only Rare has.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby DK4Ever » December 1st, 2008, 4:36 pm

IMPORTANT BUMP!!

Ok, so N&B is out now, and people have started getting their free downloads.

Since this is the topic for such things, I think it's necessary to start talking about what's changed, and if it still holds up to it's original self. (It should, all thats changed is the graphics and achievements have been added (Which, by the way, what are they? I didn't get my free download and have no money, so I have not played it yet)

And, for the last, important starting question, how do the new controls affect gameplay?
Treasure Hunter

Postby Kowbrainz » December 3rd, 2008, 2:04 pm

I would give you a list of everything that's changed, but Spiral Mountain's being laggy right now. There's a whole handful of minor changes, but nothing that's really gameplay affecting to be honest. Not being able to skip all text can be a bit of a bummer though.

The achievements are easy to unlock, and practically all of them are going to be collected during a playthrough of the game really.

Controls are fantastic. Seriously - I was worried about them since I'd played the N64 version so many times but it only took me 15 minutes or so to feel at home with them. The new camera control is wonderful, and the left analogue stick makes control all the more easier.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby DK4Ever » December 3rd, 2008, 2:52 pm

Woohoo, that's awesome to hear..now I just have to get a live card AND a points card..because they wouldn't give me the free-download I pseudo paid for.

Grr...GAMESTOP!!!
Treasure Hunter

Postby Tiptup Jr. » December 5th, 2008, 12:07 pm

Yeah, I suppose Gamestop is a tad evil. I'll be getting Banjo as soon as I get a points card... so, Christmas. :P
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Return to Rare Games