Kameo Elements of Power thoughts (awful controller layout)

Talk about other games developed by the creators of Donkey Kong Country.

Kameo Elements of Power thoughts (awful controller layout)

Postby Phyreburnz » January 21st, 2017, 1:12 pm

Have any of you guys played this game for the Xbox 360? I'd picked it up a while ago and kinda forgot about it and just popped it in to try it...

My first thoughts are not good. I don't know if it's me just being a total dumbass or what, but the controls feel horribly unintuitive. Like why the hell would all of the "action" buttons be the friggin triggers in the back of the controller??? Why would the b,y,x, and a buttons be the morph buttons? I keep wanting to hit a to jump, and that changes me into the pixie thing... I don't know why the hell they did that and why you can't change it. It seems like it would have made a lot more sense to make the shoulder buttons morph the character and have b,y,x, and a attack and jump. It just feels awful to me and I pretty much sat it down after maybe 20 minutes of fighting with the controller...

I dunno, after playing games like Symphony of the Night where the triggers morph you makes sooooo much more sense!

So what are your thoughts? Have you played it and how long has it been since you've picked it up?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Return to Rare Games