How do you pronounce Pikelet's name?

Talk about other games developed by the creators of Donkey Kong Country.

How do you pronounce Pikelet's name?

Postby Tiptup Jr. » October 31st, 2012, 5:45 am

So I've been playing a lot of Banjo lately, including Nuts & Bolts, and I've been wondering... how exactly do you pronounce the name of Pikelet, Showdown Town's police chief? Is it "peek-let" or "PIKE-let"? Any input would be appreciated.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Re: How do you pronounce Pikelet's name?

Postby Qyzbud » October 31st, 2012, 8:45 am

Any input, you say? Well, I've not played the game... :oops: ...but I would go for the latter pronunciation — PIKE-let.

It's the name we give to a certain kind of thick pancake here in the Land Down Under. Apparently it's a thin crumpet in the UK, too. → Pikelet - Wiktionary
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Re: How do you pronounce Pikelet's name?

Postby Tiptup Jr. » November 1st, 2012, 6:42 am

Ah, well, okay. Hm. I had never heard of that before now. Americans, what can I say.

Anyway, the Pikelet character himself is okay, just your stereotypical corrupt police chief - surely Rare could've pulled someone else from the Banjo cast for this position? I digress. But yeah, if you have an Xbox 360 you should definitely check out Nuts & Bolts. Once you get into it it's a very engrossing experience, fine-tuning your vehicles is awesome and Rare's classic humor is still there. I do yearn for another Banjo platformer, of course. Although Showdown Town has a lot to be explored, even on foot, and with all its nooks and crannies it rivals some of Kazooie and Tooie's levels in terms of sheer expansiveness.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Return to Rare Games