Banjo Tooie, what should I expect.

Talk about other games developed by the creators of Donkey Kong Country.

Banjo Tooie, what should I expect.

Postby Markster » November 8th, 2011, 3:52 am

I grew up with Banjo Kazooie, it is classic, I always loved it, but I have never played Banjo Tooie, what should I expect?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Re: Banjo Tooie, what should I expect.

Postby Simion32 » November 8th, 2011, 6:04 am

This game is ten times better, and about that much larger. Expect to go back and forth between worlds getting Jiggies. Some of them are even tied up until the very last moments of the game.

You really should play this game, even if you need to use an emulator (Use PJ64) and ROM to do so. It's that good.

Be Warned: PJ64 has core issues with B-T and the game randomly freezes, a lot. You'll need to hit F5 key a lot to save your latest spot, even if you're not using this to cheat. Thankfully if you manages to savestate on a freeze, the game DOES automatically save upon every "event trigger", so you're covered there.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Tiptup Jr. » November 8th, 2011, 11:21 am

If you don't have a Nintendo 64, buy the XBLA version. ROMs are good for like, betas or really rare games, but Tooie deserves more respect than that. Banjo-Tooie is one of my favorite games of all time.

And if you're wondering why I italicize game titles, I think that's proper English or something idk lol
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Simion32 » November 8th, 2011, 11:45 am

Yes, but you can't play it in high definition 1280x1024 on a console. ;)

Also, Tiptup, have you tried Loulof Loulovski's "Banjo Kazooie HD Retextured" texture pack? Only lasts up to level 4 so far, but it's really good.

Look at these for a good example:

My lord it's thousands of times better than Microsoft's upgrade (to use it you need Rice Video plugin).
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Phyreburnz » November 8th, 2011, 4:46 pm

Banjo-Tooie is awesome! It's one of my favorite Rareware games for 64. There's more stuff to collect and moves to learn. I think it is a little easier, in that if you collect some notes and die or leave the level, you don't have to re-collect them. And you can play as Mumbo! Awesome!

Tiptup! I haven't seen you here in a while! Glad to see you back :)
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Tiptup Jr. » November 9th, 2011, 12:13 pm

Simion, yeah, I've seen that retexture on Rare Witch Project and whatnot. Pretty cool. But yeah, the Banjo-Kazooie resurgence of 2008-2009 was heaven to me. I just like the XBLA version of Tooie because the frame rate's fixed (finally), although the penalties of using game-enhancing Cheato codes are questionable. The Stop 'n' Swop items aren't hugely special, but they're better than nothing. In the end my only complaint is that it didn't have Live multiplayer, which would've been awesome!The hard drive on my 360 S went out but we just got a new one, all the data's gone but one of these days I'm gonna play through Kazooie and Tooie again (without player guides, which is something I've never done with Tooie).

And yeah, before yesterday, I hadn't made a post in exactly two months.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby aperson98 » November 13th, 2011, 6:15 am

Regarding this game on project64 I wouldn't really recommend it unless you can't get the game any other way, besides what Simion32 already said eariler the game has random bouts of slowdown and some of the textures are either missing or not blended together like they should be, if you can find the cartridge get that it shouldn't be too spendy nowadays it's around 15-20 bucks usually, if you don't have a N64, but have a 360 get that version.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 3

Postby SexyRayman » February 2nd, 2012, 4:13 pm

I liked the Banjo games since it came out. Still like him today!
Tourist

Return to Rare Games