Games that Rareware should have made

Talk about other games developed by the creators of Donkey Kong Country.

Games that Rareware should have made

Postby Markster » September 16th, 2011, 2:39 am

This topic is about games that Rare should of made before they got bought by Microsoft, what games do you think they should of made, I know one we all think they should of made... DKC4!!!, but it's good that Retro Studios took care of that.
----------
Here is my list of games that I think Rare should of made...
----------
1. Donkey Kong Country Collection (N64)
2. Donkey Kong 64 2 (GCN)
3. Banjo Threeie (GCN)

What do you think?
Last edited by Qyzbud on September 25th, 2012, 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Renamed topic from "Games That Rareware Should Of Made"
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Re: Games That Rareware Should Of Made

Postby Simion32 » September 16th, 2011, 5:03 am

Major YES to Banjo-Threeie. Nuts &Bolts sucked arse, big time. I wouldn't have minded if they did Nuts & Bolts purely as a spinoff, but they made it a "main game" and drove the franchise's roots into the ground.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Mr.Diddy » August 24th, 2012, 7:42 am

I completely agree and I was never really a big Banjo-Kazooie fan anyway. Not to mention how ugly Banjo and Kazooie look. :?
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 4

Postby Phyreburnz » September 25th, 2012, 12:51 pm

Bit of a bump, sorry for that.

I really wish that Rare would have made Dinosaur Planet for N64. Yeah, yeah, I know, they redid it for Gamecube and made Fox the main character. I still wish they'd have put it out for Nintendo 64. From the videos I've seen, it looked like it was going to be the best 64 game. Don't get me wrong, I really liked Starfox Adventures, but I wish they'd have kept it as Dinosaur Planet, at least. I wish Krystal was the main playable character. I think it would have been neat and maybe made a possible series with those new characters.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby m64m » September 25th, 2012, 1:06 pm

A DK64 sequel would be pretty cool. Even a revamp of the original would be nice to see, especially knowing that a developer like Retro Studios could handle the series fairly well. I mean, DKCR will never match DKC to some fans, but I think they did a pretty great job of reviving a fantastic series.
Newcomer

Return to Rare Games