Conker's Bad Fur Day

Talk about other games developed by the creators of Donkey Kong Country.

Conker's Bad Fur Day

Postby Phyreburnz » June 19th, 2011, 3:26 am

Just a discussion about the game.

So, I got this a month or so ago. Let me just say, this is the best looking Rareware game for 64. I was really really surprised when I put it in. It seriously looks better than Banjo-Tooie. The sound is great, too. The animation: freaking GREAT looking. The mouths sync up nicely and there are a lot of places where the characters talk. It's pretty crazy.

Okay, this one, Rare went out of their way to specifically be... well... bad. You hit guys with a frying pan, there's blood and guts throughout much of the game, toilet jokes, and some of the characters have extreme (either big or small) sex organs... Example: Jugga is the name of a cavewoman (for crying out loud her's are bigger than Candy's)!

I just want to know if anyone on here has played Conker's Bad Fur Day and what you guys think about it.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Re: Conker's Bad Fur Day

Postby Ribbedebie » June 25th, 2011, 2:59 am

Conker is awesome, word.

Erm, I had my childhood ruined when my dad thought it a good idea to get the game and let me play it when I was six years old... but now I'm older I can appreciate it. Sorta.

I just like Conker, he's too awesome. xD And I love all the attention to detail in this game... That part where you begin the game, honestly, I can stand around there all day and listen to the waterfall and the birds... and whacking a drunken Birdy with a frying pan is great fun too...

Gameplay-wise there's better stuff out there, but it's hilarious at times, has a lot of personality, and looks very good for its time.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 57

Postby SimianSegue » June 25th, 2011, 4:17 am

Oh. My. God. I cannot even begin to describe how much ass this game kicks. This game is the funniest thing ever to come out of the good ol' N64. But, as Ribbedebie said, the gameplay is not so great.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 4

Postby Simion32 » November 13th, 2011, 6:29 am

"So, you want some of the green stuff?" - Money
*Conker grabs wad of cash*
"Excellent. Jetpacks and butlers, here we come!" - Conker

The expression on Conker's face when he gets cash is just priceless... :lol:

I recently finished playing this game and although I can't stand the blood and guts (and guns) parts of it, otherwise the game is a masterpiece that only someone with a forgiving mind can appreciate. Just the right mix of comedy, parodies, and all the naughty things Nintendo is afraid to put in any of their games.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Cody » February 11th, 2012, 4:33 pm

I first found out this game's existence through my now-best friend Remel back in 5th grade (2001-2002). I thought the game was too mature for me (I only saw the box, which had Conker holding a beer) and pretty much forgot it existed... and then 2006/2007 came along. I heard the game was great from various forums I was attending at the time, so in March 2007 I asked Remel if I could borrow the cartridge to play through the game. He said sure, biked to my house (a 20 second ride at best) and handed the cartridge to me. I ended up playing through maybe the first 20 minutes of the game and basically deemed it "boring," I guess. He ended up letting me keep the cartridge, and I didn't touch it for years.

Then in late December 2011, Remel invited me to go to Vegas with him and his family, an honor I was willing to seize. Ended up being loads of fun. Sometime during a few days' stay the subject of Conker's Bad Fur Day ended up coming to the surface, and I told Remel I haven't beat the game yet but would soon.

And then early last month, I replaythrough Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie... then I wanted to replay DK64 but decided to do Conker's Bad Fur Day first. I owed it to myself to play through the game, and was determined to do it without breaks. Still haven't had the time for DK64, but that's ok, because...

I absolutely loved Conker's Bad Fur Day as a whole. I thought some parts were tedious / boring, but the last 4 chapters more than made up for the 2 I didn't like (the catfish one and the poo chapter). Everything from Uga Buga onward was AMAZING. My favorite segment of the game was probably the lava-surfing mini-game where you have to whack the thieves with your pan. Must've gotten at least 15 Game Overs, haha!

Remel's been in the army for about a year now (the Vegas trip was during his 2 week break) whenever we hang out in the future I'll be sure to tell him I played through the game.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Return to Rare Games