Where is Tiptup in Nuts & Bolts.

Talk about other games developed by the creators of Donkey Kong Country.

Re: Where is Tiptup in Nuts & Bolts.

Postby Ribbedebie » April 10th, 2011, 8:40 pm

Not there?

I dunno... I don't think he's there. I'm sure there's at least a reference somewhere, though. I must play Nuts & Bolts sometime again... it's been a while.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 57

Postby Tiptup Jr. » April 11th, 2011, 3:55 am

It's just a big convoluted mess. Some other people and I have been discussing this on the official Banjo-Kazooie forums... maybe everyone could brush up: http://forums.banjo-kazooie.com/forums/1/19344/ShowThread.aspx

I just desperately wish to find him. It is not Banjo without Tiptup. Grunty's Revenge at least referenced him by name so that is excusable.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Jomingo » April 11th, 2011, 4:20 am

He's not there. The game doesn't take place in the usual locales though, it's the place that LOG made for Banjo and Grunty to compete in. So... Tiptup is back at Spiral Mountain (or where ever he lives) during Nuts & Bolts. But that makes me wonder: how did the other returning characters get to "showdown town" or whatever LOG made? Like Boggy? Did LOG bring them there? If so, why didn't he bring Tiptup?

EDIT: After reading your link, I decided I should write Scribes. But to be honest, I can't even figure out how to write Scribes on this stupid new website of theirs. If you can link me that'd be great.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Tiptup Jr. » April 11th, 2011, 8:43 am

The way Humba, Mumbo, and all the other characters talk, they make it out like they had been inhabiting Showdown Town for awhile. Maybe LOG just placed them there and modified their memories? It is curious to note that in Banjoland it says something along the lines of "Tanktup's whereabouts are currently unknown". Where did he go? And he's so huge, I don't get how he could hide from anyone. Or get out of Bubblegloop Swamp. Perhaps Tiptup is with him.

As for Scribes, I believe they've permanently replaced it with "Mini-Scirbes"... apparently you fill out the form here: http://www.rare.co.uk/community

Also, it's interesting to check out the official Facebook pages for all the Banjo characters. They did little Q & A sessions and it's cool/funny to read their response's. (Here's Banjo and Kazooie's, for example.)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Return to Rare Games