Mine Cart Carnage level info

As there will be at least 33 of these created before too long, it's probably a good idea to have a board dedicated to the Level Info pages of DKC Atlas. Post your ideas in here!

Mine Cart Carnage level info

Postby Qyzbud » May 8th, 2008, 2:37 am

If you have any additions, corrections, comments or suggestions for the DKC Atlas Mine Cart Carnage level info page, please post them here.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Re: Mine Cart Carnage level info

Postby nackhe » May 8th, 2008, 8:43 am

Add the infamous 'flying' glitch and perhaps note the exact location of the warp barrel?

If you don't want to spoil the location of the barrel for people who haven't played the game yet, you could add spoiler tags.

Besides that, good job! :D
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 3

Postby Qyzbud » May 8th, 2008, 3:15 pm

Good suggestions, those are both a must for the page, and have now been added!

I may do something more with the warp guide, but hopefully this works for now. :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Tompa » May 8th, 2008, 5:21 pm

I just made the challenge on emulator, was able to get 8 bananas. Could get 0 by using the warp though :P.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 45

Postby nackhe » May 8th, 2008, 5:46 pm

Oh sorry Qyz.
I only just noticed you have a whole section dedicated to warps and shortcuts. :lol:
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 3

Postby Qyzbud » May 8th, 2008, 9:57 pm

Yeah, 8 is my best effort, too. :)

I think that's probably the limit. Makes a good challenge for those with quick fingers and precise mine carting skills, eh?
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Tompa » May 9th, 2008, 1:21 am

I might be able to get one less with some more speed. But the speed is REALLY odd in this level, can be hard to believe maybe. Arne and I spend many hours with this level in the TAS, annoying crap...

I think I've asked this before but... Are we allowed to post our own challenges to a level?
Trailblazer
Bananas received 45

Postby Qyzbud » May 9th, 2008, 3:46 pm

Absolutely!

Anyone's welcome to contribute anything... and I know you, Tomtelala — you'd come up with insane challenges. ;)

Please share any 'odd speed' findings, too; I'm intrigued!
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Kowbrainz » May 10th, 2008, 10:03 pm

I think I may have asked this before, but when were you planning on adding the maps up for levels?
From what I recall you said you had finished most if not all of the maps from DKC, so just intrigued as to when you felt the public would be ready to view said stuff.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Qyzbud » May 11th, 2008, 2:09 pm

A conversation belonging in the mapping topic, but I'll answer here:

I hope to have a couple of maps up in the next day or two. I have them all laid out in Photoshop, but that's not much good for online viewing. I have to work on code formatting, image compression/layering/positioning, page/folder structure, etc. etc... but I'm working on it, so expect results real soon. I will try to get some 'beta' maps linked to from the Level Info pages, then I can work to improve the integration and other formatting issues once I receive a bit of feedback.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Return to Level Info pages