Really Gnawty Rampage

As there will be at least 33 of these created before too long, it's probably a good idea to have a board dedicated to the Level Info pages of DKC Atlas. Post your ideas in here!

Really Gnawty Rampage

Postby Shy Guys Stash » January 28th, 2013, 10:01 pm

Summary
Round 2
Really Gnawty Vs The Kongs

Snaps
ImageImageImageImageImage

Tricks
N/A

Challenges
N/A
Attachments
Donkey Kong Country (U) (V1.2) [!] 0005.png
Donkey Kong Country (U) (V1.2) [!] 0005.png (41.81 KiB) Viewed 7986 times
Donkey Kong Country (U) (V1.2) [!] 0004.png
Donkey Kong Country (U) (V1.2) [!] 0004.png (40.16 KiB) Viewed 7986 times
Donkey Kong Country (U) (V1.2) [!] 0003.png
Donkey Kong Country (U) (V1.2) [!] 0003.png (39.84 KiB) Viewed 7986 times
Donkey Kong Country (U) (V1.2) [!] 0002.png
Donkey Kong Country (U) (V1.2) [!] 0002.png (39.8 KiB) Viewed 7986 times
Donkey Kong Country (U) (V1.2) [!] 0001.png
Donkey Kong Country (U) (V1.2) [!] 0001.png (41.96 KiB) Viewed 7986 times
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Re: Really Gnawty Rampage

Postby Qyzbud » February 3rd, 2013, 3:50 pm

Thanks for another submission!

I like your writing for the most part, but it's best to avoid repetitive wording:

Shy Guys Stash wrote:That pesky beaver is back and this time he's a little more difficult. Like before his main strategy is to try to jump on you so just avoided his attack like you did the first time. This time around Very Gnawty will move more quickly each time you hit him but this time he will jump higher after you jump on him making him a little more dangerous. Bounce on his head five times to defeat Gnawty and collect your well deserved banana.

As you can see, the word 'time' has been used on six occasions, and the phrase 'this time' appears thrice. Repetitive language like this makes the summary less interesting to read, and sounds a tad unprofessional. Flex that creative writing muscle of yours... and if all else fails — bust out a thesaurus! ;)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Shy Guys Stash » February 3rd, 2013, 4:10 pm

remind me to throw a book a you :rant:

also fixed
:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Postby Qyzbud » February 3rd, 2013, 4:43 pm

Um, okay.

Anyhow, I'll point out a few other things that I think you should take note of:

That pesky beaver is back

The scenario is similar, but this is not the same beaver as the world 1 boss; Really Gnawty is a new foe — different name, different colouration, etc.

Very Gnawty will move much more quickly each time you hit him and jump higher making him a little more dangerous so corner Gnawty and Bounce on his head five times to defeat Gnawty and collect your well deserved banana.

As well as a lack of punctuation (resulting in a run-on sentence), you've used 'Gnawty' three times here — again, very repetitive. I try to use a character's name just once every two sentences, if possible.

Please read through what you've written before posting it in order to catch grammar/spelling/structural issues. :)

Edit: Also, please remember that these summaries are not strategy guides/walkthroughs — your writing reads a lot like one.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Return to Level Info pages