Do you like DKC Atlas?

Feedback, suggestions and content submissions for the DKC Atlas website and forum can be posted here.

Do you like DKC Atlas?

Yes, it's the most awesome thing ever!
45%
Yes, but it needs more.
49%
Kind of, it's okay and all.
2%
Not really, it's just not good.
No votes
NO! It's the worst site ever!
4%

Total votes : 49

Do you like DKC Atlas?

Postby gamer_boy997 » January 1st, 2009, 4:15 am

First of all, 500th topic, w00t!

Second, this is the topic where we talk about what we like about DKC Atlas, and IF we like it or not, I thought this would be a great 500th topic.

Anyways, I like DKC Atlas, but it just needs a lot more ;) . My favorite part is... EVERYTHING! :P
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Re: Do you like DKC Atlas?

Postby Donkey King » January 1st, 2009, 5:47 am

Yes, it's the most awesome thing ever!
Trainee Trekker

Postby The Guy » January 1st, 2009, 8:05 am

I like this place, but needs more guys here.
Veteran Venturer

Postby Rodent » January 5th, 2009, 10:09 pm

I just looked at the new site. I'm gonna go into more detail there now, but it's looking superb. :D

The forums are good too. The members all here now are awesome, but there needs to be more activity. :(
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby PotoGamer » January 6th, 2009, 5:23 am

The most awesome thing ever. I haven't seen DKC covered like this on any other site (the other sites only include info taken from Wikipedia and cheat codes taken from other sites) and the members of the forum are nice and don't make an argument over absolutely stupid things. The forum does need some new members anyway...
Trailblazer

Postby Cyclone » January 6th, 2009, 9:32 am

In my opinion the DKC Atlas is one of the best fan sites out there for any game. It just keeps getting better. :D

Good job Qyzbud!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 559

Postby DKCplayer » January 6th, 2009, 9:41 am

DKC Atlas:
Spoiler!
:P
Never have I seen such a website dedicated to a game/s. We have unused sprites, fan made comics, an upcoming level builder, glitches, cheats... and the list goes on. :mrgreen:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 16

Postby nickp17 » January 13th, 2009, 7:58 pm

I really enjoy DKC Atlas for multiple reasons.

Not just the ridiculously descriptive information about the game as a whole. That's good and all.

The level maps are probably one of the biggest things that attracted me to this site...but then...I discovered my favorite part.

The DKC forum! The community here is nice, I wish it was larger though. I really like everyone on the site, especially our administrator. He's a really nice guy.

Thanks for enjoying this game as much as I do, DKC Atlas members!
Inked Imbecile
Bananas received 3

Postby Kowbrainz » January 24th, 2009, 2:31 pm

I really don't know why people would join a forum and stay with it if they didn't like it.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby BlueTronic » January 24th, 2009, 2:51 pm

I'm just curious who voted it's the worst
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Katastrophe Kong » February 24th, 2009, 6:09 am

This is the single greatest DKC website ever! :mrgreen: I just hope you guys finish with the main website though. ;)
It's the only place where people actually listen to me when I talk about this game. :?
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby Gnawzooka » February 24th, 2009, 5:06 pm

nickp17 wrote:I really like everyone on the site, especially our administrator. He's a really nice guy.

That's because there are so many Aussies. 8-)
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Simion32 » May 2nd, 2009, 1:17 pm

What is online so far is astounding, but it needs more features to rise to its full potential. ;)
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby FefeRawft » May 10th, 2009, 1:19 am

This place is awesome, just putting that out there.
Trailblazer

Postby DK4Ever » May 25th, 2009, 11:10 am

This just in, I loves DKC-ATLAS!!!!

And..whoever voted for "It's the worst site ever" shall be pelted with barrels...all in favor?
Treasure Hunter

Postby FefeRawft » May 25th, 2009, 12:50 pm

I vote steel kegs, they'll hurt more and won't break :mrgreen: !
Trailblazer

Postby scigamerfan07 » July 27th, 2009, 3:57 pm

The steel kegs, lol. This website is NOT the worst ever and there should be more people, but so far, I love it!
Tourist
Bananas received 1

Postby Yure16 » December 2nd, 2009, 12:42 am

I like this place. I'm hiding here (cruel reallity...) In my opinion, is the best DKC fansite ever.
Tourist

Postby zaneebaslave » March 6th, 2010, 6:55 am

It's a pretty nice website. Full of Donkeys and Kongs and a healthy mix of the two. My only problem with it is... Why didnt I find it sooner?
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 34

Postby Markster » November 12th, 2010, 3:42 pm

Awesome site, i love it.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Chibisai Kong » May 23rd, 2011, 1:51 pm

Yeah. I LOVE it! It's like kongo Valley but with a lot more activity and it deals with the games instead of the show. :)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby SimianSegue » May 23rd, 2011, 2:58 pm

Holy SH*T! This is the best forum I have ever been on! Not too many people, and everyone here is so creative, funny, smart, and oh-so-friendly! I love you guys!!!
Trailblazer
Bananas received 4

Postby Katzii » May 24th, 2011, 3:01 am

I like the nice, friendly atmosphere of the forum (even if it's a little quiet at times), and I love how informative the site is!
Trainee Trekker

Postby The Banana Bird » January 9th, 2012, 4:07 am

scigamerfan07 wrote:The steel kegs, lol. This website is NOT the worst ever and there should be more people, but so far, I love it!

Sorry guys, I just had to bump this,
How bout them Tnt Barrels! :twisted:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby Qyzbud » January 9th, 2012, 10:42 am

The Banana Bird, I know your bump was in fun, and in good faith... but it's in violation of a key rule here:

The DKC Atlas Forum Rules wrote:Only post if you have something worthwhile to share. This goes double for bumping old topics.

Just keep in mind that we expect an especially 'worthwhile' post when bumping old topics, rather than just a one-liner.

Please brush up on the rules. Thanks mate. :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Gaz » August 2nd, 2012, 1:58 pm

I apologise if this counts as bumping, but DKC Atlas is so awesome! It's forums are the greatest thing out there :D.
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Qyzbud » August 2nd, 2012, 2:37 pm

Yeah, that definitely counts as a bump... in fact, I outlined the bumping rule, and linked to the full rules page in the post immediately before yours... not sure how that could have been any more clear. :roll:

Positive comments are appreciated, but you should always try to make it a worthwhile, constructive comment if you're reviving an old topic from the depths.

At any rate... thanks. ;)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Simion32 » August 2nd, 2012, 2:52 pm

Personally, I think that opinion polls should be explicitly allowed for bumping only one time by newer users that haven't posted to the topic; otherwise, the bumping rule sort of defeats the purpose of the new user pitching in their thoughts/vote to the poll. ;)

For other topics I can see why bumping is an issue, but polls that have indefinite length (and various other "favorite xyz" type of topics) should at the very least allow one no-frills post.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Qyzbud » August 2nd, 2012, 3:25 pm

The vote is always welcome, but ALL POSTS on our forum are supposed to have worthwhile, constructive content... this is just moreso the case for 'bump' posts. I'm only trying to encourage members to post something interesting - I'm not trying to discourage them from posting! :lol:

Polls allow you to express an opinion without the need to type a reply, but if you have something to expand upon, that's when it becomes relevant to post your thoughts.

I suppose the indication that the user particularly likes the forum is worth noting, and is something that could not have been expressed purely by voting... but hey, I still like the idea of a post being more than a one-liner, especially when bumping.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Return to DKC Atlas Discussion