User Activity

Feedback, suggestions and content submissions for the DKC Atlas website and forum can be posted here.

User Activity

Postby Super Luigi! » September 13th, 2012, 2:05 pm

This is not to be confused with the question of the Atlas dying. I had a quick question about how active users should be on the forums. Basically, do I have the obligation to check in with the forums after a certain time period? For example, after two months do I have to sign into the forums, or otherwise become banned? I haven't seen anything in the rules about this, but it could be one of those implied orders. I also had the feeling that if I posed this question in the "Random Thoughts" topic,
1. It would be in the wrong place,
2. Nobody would answer, and
3. Nobody would take me seriously.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Re: User Activity

Postby Simion32 » September 14th, 2012, 6:22 am

Not really. We haven't had any explicit rules regarding non-posters or people who are generally inactive.

Qyzbud and I have been discussing on the current zero-post users, and whether they should have the accounts removed (the ones that never post and don't visit at all since registration, and are really old accounts). Currently he has sent (or plans to send) emails to those users to see whether the accounts are still wanted to be kept.

However, if we do apply some rule it should only be to ensure that you post at least one time after registering and aren't a spam bot. Inactivity in general should not be grounds for account removal, only new "empty registrations" would be affected by such a rule (if implemented).

Also: Qyzbud just recently disabled about 100 empty spam bot accounts (if you noticed the member count take a massive drop, that's why).
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Return to DKC Atlas Discussion