The Atlas Anniversary Topic

Feedback, suggestions and content submissions for the DKC Atlas website and forum can be posted here.

The Atlas Anniversary Topic

Postby Tiptup Jr. » February 14th, 2011, 12:38 am

So, I'm surprised no one's started this.

Anyway, this is the topic to discuss DKC Atlas's third birthday... I can honestly say I'm pretty proud to be one of the first members here. I remember reading about this place for the first time like it was yesterday. And sure, our forum may have started out as a DKU clone, but it quickly grew into its own thing, and despite some of the nonsense this past year ( effing Returns) this site remains a fantastic place for the faithful Donkey Kong fan to communicate with his peers. Here's to many more years; And thank you, Qyz.

Also: Donkey Kong 64 font at the top of the main page. I like. (EDIT: Maybe it's not from DK64.)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Re: The Atlas Anniversary Topic

Postby Ribbedebie » February 14th, 2011, 2:53 am

Three years? I feel like a n00b now, thank you xD

Anyway, happy anniversary, people
Trailblazer
Bananas received 57

Postby The Guy » February 14th, 2011, 3:24 am

I think we need DKCR pages soon...

Well, to be on topic, this site isn't much different from what it was three years ago.
Veteran Venturer

Postby Jomingo » February 14th, 2011, 5:04 am

I disagree. In the three years since it's been around there's been the DKC2 and DKC3 pages added, and the hub page. Originally dkc-atlas.com would just take you to the DKC page, it's completely different now. Plus there's the DKCR section, which doesn't have a whole lot now but I'm sure that it will be expanded eventually. DKCR was exactly what the site needed I think.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Monkeyshrapnel » February 14th, 2011, 8:02 am

I've only been here for a short while but I think that the DKC atlas has a great community and has just the right size for great people and no sight of those that troll
Tourist
Bananas received 3

Postby Chibisai Kong » February 14th, 2011, 9:43 am

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DKC ATLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's bake a cake for it! :D
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Ribbedebie » February 14th, 2011, 4:46 pm

Yay, cake! Reminds me of that time I came with the idea of sending Retro studios cake (and ice cream) for reviving DKC. But it would turn bad halfway across the ocean.

Perhaps I should send them cake mix instead. That way, they can make their own cake. :P
Trailblazer
Bananas received 57

Postby 7S7ui3 » February 23rd, 2011, 5:24 am

I came up with a idea sending my own ideas for a new DKC to retro. But I think a cake is much more appriciated XD
Tourist

Postby Simion32 » February 23rd, 2011, 12:15 pm

Qyzbud wrote:Playing DKC Returns in full HD with an original SNES controller is actually incredible... I ♥ #dolphinemulator
Wha? So THAT's where your HD screenies came from! I want MOAR.

My poor old computer can't handle Dolphin Emulator in HD (though original GCN res works fine for Gamecube)... :(

:arrow: What the heck kind of processor is that, a Core i7 or some other uber-expensive gaming machine?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Qyzbud » February 28th, 2011, 9:35 pm

Thanks for the kind words everyone, it's an honour to have you as members of the community. :)

Things may seem slow around here at the moment, but I promise you, I am working on something big!

And Simion...
Spoiler!
With great power (AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.20 GHz) comes great responsibility (providing an abundance of HD screenies to the masses!)

Expect a new batch very soon. 8-)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Return to DKC Atlas Discussion