Could somebody explain this?

A board for emulation discussion. Logically, SNES emulation talk is what this board is for, but discussion of Game Boy, GBA, N64 and NDS emulation is also welcome. Relevance to DKC is preferable.
Forum rules
Remember; posting/requesting ROMs is not allowed. General ROM/emulation talk is fine, of course.

Could somebody explain this?

Postby neekerisanni123 » December 5th, 2008, 3:21 am

I have two totally unusual glitches that messed up two levels:Torchlight Trouble and Blackout Basement.Torchlight Trouble:The level was BRIGHT! :o It was colored bright white and light and dark blue! All enemies,bananas,KONG-letters,objects,even both Kongs were glitched.All other levels were normal.Blackout Basement:The screen was not flashing black,instead ALL objects(enemies,bananas,KONG-letters,and platforms)vanished for a few seconds! :shock: does anyone have any idea what might have been causing this glitchyness?
Tourist

Re: Could somebody explain this?

Postby Blaziken257 » December 5th, 2008, 4:27 am

Are you by any chance playing on an emulator? If not, then one of the layers somehow got messed up probably...
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Postby neekerisanni123 » December 6th, 2008, 4:24 am

Blaziken257 wrote:Are you by any chance playing on an emulator? If not, then one of the layers somehow got messed up probably...
Emulator,and actually my friend's.I don't seriously have any idea what messed up those levels,as everything else seemed normal...And why only those levels are messed up? O.o
Tourist

Postby BlueTronic » December 6th, 2008, 9:01 am

Something is wrong with the screen brightness code. Try entering the PAR Code 7E057A02 and see what happens. It makes the lights stay on in Blackout Basement
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby neekerisanni123 » December 6th, 2008, 11:09 am

Kong-Fu wrote:Something is wrong with the screen brightness code. Try entering the PAR Code 7E057A02 and see what happens. It makes the lights stay on in Blackout Basement
Well the lights stayed in there...but everything vanished just like in normal level when the screen is black... :? but the screen did NOT turn black!
Tourist

Postby Blaziken257 » December 6th, 2008, 11:38 am

If you're using Snes9x, try hitting one of the number keys. I think it's either 8, 9, or 0...
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Postby Qyzbud » December 6th, 2008, 2:29 pm

This is definitely an emulator issue, rather than a glitch.

I'll move this topic over...
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby BlueTronic » December 6th, 2008, 2:51 pm

Most likely the ROM is glitched.

neekerisanni123 wrote:Well the lights stayed in there...but everything vanished just like in normal level when the screen is black... :? but the screen did NOT turn black!

But were the colors normal?

Try posting some snapshots so we can see exactly what it looks like.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby neekerisanni123 » December 7th, 2008, 3:15 am

Kong-Fu wrote:Most likely the ROM is glitched.

neekerisanni123 wrote:Well the lights stayed in there...but everything vanished just like in normal level when the screen is black... :? but the screen did NOT turn black!

But were the colors normal?

Try posting some snapshots so we can see exactly what it looks like.
Blackout Basement's colors were normal...but I'll try to post some snapshots once I visit my friend again...because the rom I used was hers.
Tourist

Postby neekerisanni123 » December 7th, 2008, 10:01 am

Qyzbud wrote:This is definitely an emulator issue, rather than a glitch.

I'll move this topic over...
Oh well...I didn't know were those just glitches or emulator issues...
Tourist

Postby Qyzbud » December 7th, 2008, 11:35 am

I don't blame you- it's a pretty weird thing to encounter. I thought it was a glitch when I first saw it happen on an early version of ZSNES. There are a few effects that only work properly in certain 'video modes', and I remember transparency effects causing trouble, too... Do you have fog completely covering the screen in Poison Pond/Misty Mine?

The emulator on my old phone used to have problems like this... It basically comes down to what video modes and effects are supported by an emulator.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Tiptup Jr. » December 7th, 2008, 1:56 pm

You played Donkey Kong Country on a phone? I've never owned one of those blasted cellularized things, but... maybe I should look into it. ;)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Qyzbud » December 7th, 2008, 5:38 pm

Haha, yeah - I've played DKC on a phone! Where have you been lately? Obviously not browsing this topic... :P
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Tiptup Jr. » December 8th, 2008, 1:08 am

Heh, I don't spend much time on the Emulation Board. I didn't even know that thread existed. :lol:

Looks like someone needs to get with the times... *coughcellphoneforChristmascough*
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby neekerisanni123 » December 8th, 2008, 2:30 am

Qyzbud wrote:I don't blame you- it's a pretty weird thing to encounter. I thought it was a glitch when I first saw it happen on an early version of ZSNES. There are a few effects that only work properly in certain 'video modes', and I remember transparency effects causing trouble, too... Do you have fog completely covering the screen in Poison Pond/Misty Mine?

The emulator on my old phone used to have problems like this... It basically comes down to what video modes and effects are supported by an emulator.
Yes,the fog is completely covering the screen in Poison Pond,but I'm not sure about Misty Mine,as my friend has not yet played the game that far.(Remember,the rom is my friend's,not mine.She says she can't get past Tanked Up Trouble.)I have played the game for her. But I wonder what will Loopy Lights look like... :mrgreen:
Tourist

Postby Qyzbud » December 8th, 2008, 9:01 am

Well it sounds as though you have a good ROM, but I would recommend that your friend upgrades his/her emulator. ZSNES is my favourite, but Snes9x works best with the DKC games.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby neekerisanni123 » December 9th, 2008, 1:01 am

Qyzbud wrote:Well it sounds as though you have a good ROM, but I would recommend that your friend upgrades his/her emulator. ZSNES is my favourite, but Snes9x works best with the DKC games.
Err...what do you mean with that "upgrade" thing?
Tourist

Postby Qyzbud » December 9th, 2008, 1:10 am

I just mean to download and install a recent version of the emulator.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby neekerisanni123 » December 10th, 2008, 3:33 am

Qyzbud wrote:I just mean to download and install a recent version of the emulator.
Ohh...maybe someday. :mrgreen:
Tourist

Postby neekerisanni123 » December 10th, 2008, 4:38 am

Qyzbud wrote:I just mean to download and install a recent version of the emulator.
But my friend uses Snes9x...is there any other versions of it?
Tourist

Postby Blaziken257 » December 10th, 2008, 6:08 am

The newest one is 1.51. And try pressing 9 while you're playing to see if that fixes it.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Postby neekerisanni123 » December 11th, 2008, 12:53 am

Blaziken257 wrote:The newest one is 1.51. And try pressing 9 while you're playing to see if that fixes it.
ok.so how i can get this new version?
Tourist

Postby PotoGamer » December 11th, 2008, 1:20 am

Simply go to the official site of Snes9x and click on downloads. You'll see a bunch of websites on a list. Go to any of those sites and download the most recent version for your operating system (Windows, Mac OS, Linux). NOTE: You must have WinRAR to unzip the file.
Trailblazer

Postby neekerisanni123 » December 11th, 2008, 11:01 pm

PotoGamer wrote:Simply go to the official site of Snes9x and click on downloads. You'll see a bunch of websites on a list. Go to any of those sites and download the most recent version for your operating system (Windows, Mac OS, Linux). NOTE: You must have WinRAR to unzip the file.
Ok.I'll keep that in mind when I visit my friend again.(perhaps next week. :mrgreen: )
Tourist

Postby Qyzbud » December 12th, 2008, 1:49 am

PLEEEEEASE don't quote every post you reply to.

Have you read our forum rules?
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby neekerisanni123 » December 13th, 2008, 7:02 am

Oh...sorry...I'm not used to forums like this... :oops:
Tourist

Postby neekerisanni123 » December 13th, 2008, 8:22 am

And I also sound quite noobish...but remember that I'm new in here...
Tourist

Return to Emulation