Stickerbrush Symphony - How should it *really* sound?

A board for emulation discussion. Logically, SNES emulation talk is what this board is for, but discussion of Game Boy, GBA, N64 and NDS emulation is also welcome. Relevance to DKC is preferable.
Forum rules
Remember; posting/requesting ROMs is not allowed. General ROM/emulation talk is fine, of course.

Stickerbrush Symphony - How should it *really* sound?

Postby Teeth » June 19th, 2008, 1:09 am

I've heard this legendary song countless times, but there's one thing that bugs me - I've heard the "ahhhhhh" sound in the background throughout the song in two different pitches. I want to know which one is the original sound from the SNES, and which one is an emulation/sound configuration error or whatever. Or do different versions of the game have different versions of the song?

There's this version (low-pitched): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73n7HTcmb5g&feature=related
And this one (high-pitched, what it sounds like on my ZSNES): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gEoZ90MEys&feature=related

I've heard the low-pitched one more frequently, so I'm worried that it might be something wrong with my ZSNES. Could somebody with a real SNES or the Virtual Console version check it out for me, please? Thanks in advance. :mrgreen:
Tourist

Re: Stickerbrush Symphony - How should it *really* sound?

Postby BlueTronic » June 19th, 2008, 1:57 am

The lower one is the right one. It doesn't sound wrong on my ZSNES. I'm no music expert, but it sounds like there's little or no bass in the one from your emulator. It doesn't mean that the problem is necessarily your ZSNES, it could be your ROM is slightly glitched, or you might have an older version of ZSNES (latest is 1.51). I checked my Super (Super broken. :roll:) Nintendo, and it sounds fine.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Kiddy14 » June 19th, 2008, 3:10 am

No... it sounds the same to me. The emulated one just sounds higher (as in volume) than the MP3 one, that's why you get the feeling is high-pitched...
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby BlueTronic » June 19th, 2008, 3:35 am

Kiddy14 wrote:No... it sounds the same to me. The emulated one just sounds higher (as in volume) than the MP3 one, that's why you get the feeling is high-pitched...

Then wouldn't my emulator be doing the same? They barely sound different anyway. No big deal.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Teeth » June 19th, 2008, 4:31 am

Okay, thanks, guys. :D I'll try a different ROM or emulator. ;)
Tourist

Postby Kiddy14 » June 19th, 2008, 10:09 am

Kong-Fu wrote:Then wouldn't my emulator be doing the same?

It deppend on your emulator's version. For example, Snes9x V1.49 sounds weird in comparison to V1.51
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Qyzbud » June 19th, 2008, 12:53 pm

I know this topic relates to DKC2, but I think it's more relevant to the emulation discussion board... I'll shift it across. *done*
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Return to Emulation