DKC Netplay

A board for emulation discussion. Logically, SNES emulation talk is what this board is for, but discussion of Game Boy, GBA, N64 and NDS emulation is also welcome. Relevance to DKC is preferable.
Forum rules
Remember; posting/requesting ROMs is not allowed. General ROM/emulation talk is fine, of course.

DKC Netplay

Postby Stone » March 13th, 2008, 7:53 pm

News 04.06.2008: I've opened a Hamachi group, name "DKCAtlas", the password is "Kowbrain"

As i can see, version 1.51 of SNES9X has that Netplay function which was left out in some earlier versions, probably due to programming problems. But now it is back and i want to ask how well this feature works with different internet connection, because it would be really nice to play DKC together just for fun ;)
If this works well on the emulator side, the only problem left is the timezone you live in. Or just set the alarm clock for 3 o'clock in the morning and have fun with people around the world!

Oh well, we have to decide what version will be used for this purpose. (U) or (E)? 1.0?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Re: DKC Netplay

Postby Kowbrainz » March 13th, 2008, 8:03 pm

Just downloaded - I'll be happy to try out DKC2 with anybody now. Shame my mic doesn't work, else I'd use skype at the same time.

I'm acting as a host on DKC2 (the version that has the purple screen at the start with "enable infinite lives cheat"... it's a dud version in terms of life count). Or I could switch to DKC/DKC3 depending on what other people like.

Edit: I have DKC (U) V:1.1 and 1.2; and DKC2 and DKC3, both of which are undefined. :/
Probably (U) though.

My host name is NATHANPC; port number 6096

(also, in terms of rom/emu discussion, I think it would be fair to allow the discussion of said devices themselves but not linking to downloads or asking for links. When in doubt, google is your friend. ;) )
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Stone » March 13th, 2008, 8:25 pm

Oh, is this an instant invitaion? I just started assembling a new table for my living room :D

There is a site which provides roms in a zip, which includes all versions of game. But now it's possible that DKC is ESA protected nowadays...
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby Kowbrainz » March 13th, 2008, 8:25 pm

If you're up for it. Just to see how the whole thing works I guess. :P
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Stone » March 13th, 2008, 9:24 pm

Mhhh, I think we have to use Hamachi for internet play, but maybe google knows how it works

Also, we have to use the exact same ROM, or this "send ROM to client" feature.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby Kowbrainz » March 13th, 2008, 9:36 pm

I don't think so; the FAQ included with the emulator says that all you have to do is connect to my server when I have it up and running.

Try getting the (U) V: 1.2 version of DKC, then try to connect to the server I posted above if possible.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Stone » March 13th, 2008, 9:40 pm

Doesn't work at the moment...
Also ICQ or Hamachi-Chat would be better to communicate in real time
Hamachi i a nice tool which emulates a LAN-network over the internet. Of course, all folders you have enabled for LAN can be seen.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby Kowbrainz » March 13th, 2008, 10:16 pm

Ah...

Testing is in progress. Watch this space...

Edit: Yeck... an error... something about not being able to get the IP address. Perhaps it'll work if somebody else tries it out.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Stone » March 13th, 2008, 11:54 pm

The group I have opened in Hamachi has the name "DKCAtlas" the password is "Kowbrain". Without the z you see!
I think Kowbrainz and I had Firewall/Emulator/ROM/PC-problems. I suggest using SNES9X 1.51 and DKC (U) 1.0 fpr testing purposes.
I have tested it with two SNES9X on my PC, both can connect to each other. I hope it's only a matter of time to get this working.

If you want to help, I'm online in Hamachi the next 8 hours. Just enter name/password and send me a chat message. And don't get angry if I don't answer for an hour ;)

Maybe ZSNES can do it better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuEUrXiuMmw

EDIT: Timezones are a bit problematic. Sun shines nice in germany while it's night in australia. Maybe some american guys want to join, if they are not sleeping?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby Tompa » March 14th, 2008, 1:37 am

It usually lags quite a lot for me when I'm playing with someone in USA for example. With Arne it works better, because he lives in Sweden as well. It would be fun to glitch around with someone though ^^.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 45

Postby Stone » March 14th, 2008, 1:39 am

What emulator do you use? Any additional software? What about those router firewalls?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby Tompa » March 14th, 2008, 1:52 am

I was using Zsnes 1.36 and Hamachi, works fine.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 45

Postby Stone » March 14th, 2008, 1:58 am

I couldn't ping Kowbrainz and he couldn't ping me, but we haven't used ZSNES. Now I have ZSNES in about 5-6 versions, including 1.36 and 1.42.
I'm busy at the moment but later we can try playing. I never had anyone playing team or contest modes in DKC on a similar skill level.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby Blaziken257 » March 14th, 2008, 11:49 am

I spent hours trying to do Netplay with someone and I could never get it to work.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Postby Stone » April 3rd, 2008, 7:06 pm

No universal solution yet?
I have played Battlefield 1942 with a friend, using Hamachi. It didn't work at first, but there is a network setting where you can chose which connection should be prefered. After shifting Hamachi on the top, I could see my friends game and connect easily. Pings also worked, I think getting a ping is essential to get netplay working.
Does anyone have the patience to try it again? I would really like to play DKC with a DKC-Atlas member :)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby BlueTronic » April 3rd, 2008, 10:59 pm

ZSNES has a 'Netplay' button. I'll try it out after jail/school.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Stone » April 3rd, 2008, 11:31 pm

Netplay-button isn't worth anything if your firewall settings suck ;)

But we can give it a try, would be nice :)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby Miyamoto » April 4th, 2008, 7:25 am

Yo, the best method of netplaying with someone that I've found is using Zbattle. http://www.zbattle.net/

To get it working you'll have to forward some crap if you use a router. http://portforward.com/english/routers/ ... rindex.htm Find your router, find the Zbattle section and follow the guide and it should work. At least it works fine for me.

Online play is pretty flawless with it, some lag every now and then but that's a given.

OH, I almost forgot. You have to use version 1.42 of Zsnes. For some reason it doesn't work with the others.
Newcomer

Postby Tompa » April 9th, 2008, 7:50 pm

I would gladly like to netplay with anyone in here. Send me a PM or add me on MSN or something like that, in case you are interested :D .
Trailblazer
Bananas received 45

Postby Raccoon Sam » June 4th, 2008, 11:31 pm

It's a real lagfest from what I've seen.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 35

Postby Stone » June 4th, 2008, 11:54 pm

I got used to lags ;)
I think DKCLB will have proper Netplay modes, so we may not need Emu netplay in future.
But I would like to play with some European guys from this forum, nonetheless. :mrgreen:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby Tompa » June 5th, 2008, 12:54 am

I'm up for it Stone ;).
Trailblazer
Bananas received 45

Postby Stone » June 5th, 2008, 1:30 am

Tompa wrote:I would gladly like to netplay with anyone in here.

Haven't seen that. I would like to play today in the evening, I'll give you a PM :mrgreen:

Image Let's play! Like Conker!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby KingBrett » November 13th, 2011, 5:05 am

We can also use this as a way to play each others' hacks. :P Just Kidding, my host name is Ice_King and I use version 1.42 of ZSNES. Anybody want to play DKC with me? Or DKC 2 or DKC 3?
Tourist
Bananas received 1

Postby Axis » August 12th, 2012, 1:57 pm

*Bump*

Is there anyone out there willing to netplay? I have some free time on my hands because I can't attend fall classes this year, but I will definitely for spring. I would be down to netplay DKC1-3 and after I confirm somebody available I can forward my ports and such. Let me know here or through PM.
Previously "Kiddy"
Bananas received 3

Postby Katastrophe Kong » August 12th, 2012, 7:55 pm

I've always wanted to try Netplay. Maybe if I figure out how to properly "forward my ports" we could play sometime. I've tried it before when trying to fix a game bug so I might already be good to go. :mario:
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby Axis » August 13th, 2012, 7:26 am

Here are the two things you need.

Proper version of ZSNES (The latest has netplay disabled): http://files.ipherswipsite.com/zsnes/sp ... sw142n.zip

Portforwarding category for any router: http://portforward.com/english/applicat ... ding/ZNES/
Previously "Kiddy"
Bananas received 3

Postby Mr.Diddy » August 24th, 2012, 7:48 am

How do you even play with other people online? I have ZSNES151 if that even matters. I just want to show all of you my pure skill. B/ Just kidding. :)

EDIT:Problem solved! :)
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 4

Postby Axis » March 23rd, 2013, 11:45 am

axis.transhumant wrote:Here are the two things you need.

Proper version of ZSNES (The latest has netplay disabled): http://files.ipherswipsite.com/zsnes/sp ... sw142n.zip

Portforwarding category for any router: http://portforward.com/english/applicat ... ding/ZNES/

Quoting my method again. I'm still up for netplay, very available because I'm doing custom education at the moment. Please post here or PM me, willing do to any DKC or other games as well.
Previously "Kiddy"
Bananas received 3

Return to Emulation