Problem playing Kingdom Hearts on emulator...

A board for emulation discussion. Logically, SNES emulation talk is what this board is for, but discussion of Game Boy, GBA, N64 and NDS emulation is also welcome. Relevance to DKC is preferable.
Forum rules
Remember; posting/requesting ROMs is not allowed. General ROM/emulation talk is fine, of course.

Problem playing Kingdom Hearts on emulator...

Postby kisimisi » August 6th, 2010, 6:14 pm

How do I get the rom of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days to work? Ill load it up and itll play perfectly until I choose the diffuculty and then it will go to a black screen. I just wnat to play the rom but its not gettting anywhere -.- can someone help?

Re: Problem playing Kingdom Hearts on emulator...

Postby Simion32 » August 7th, 2010, 5:44 am

Welcome to DKC-atlas, kisimisi.
Please read the rules and brush up on your grammar. ;)
Also, please give topics a meaningful subject, not a copy-and-paste from your post text...

This is a Nintendo DS game, right?
Expect less "solid" support for DS games being played on emulators. They have not been properly emulated to the extent that SNES and N64 (and other older systems) have; so there's little chance there is a solution to your problem other than to wait until DS emulators become more accurate.

The game doesn't crash because of a problem with the game. The problem is that the emulator (trying to behave the same way as the actual system that's supposed to run the game) is not accurately emulating the DS as it should.

However, emulating a system that you have no documents on to begin with is very, very tough. The authors of the emulator likely can't just "fix it". ;)

Semi-off-topic: Heck, even the GameCube is emulated some, but it's sloooooooow unless you have an uber-computer.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Re: Problem playing Kingdom Hearts on emulator...

Postby Jomingo » August 7th, 2010, 6:37 am

Simion32 wrote:Semi-off-topic: Heck, even the GameCube is emulated some, but it's sloooooooow unless you have an uber-computer.

Very-off-topic: I have such computer, although there aren't a lot of good gamecube emulators/roms. I swear though, I've probably got the best computer that's ever been built for $233. It's not incredible, but it's better than any average desktop and cost a tiny fraction of the price.

Anyway, yeah even N64 roms aren't always perfect, you'll be hard pressed to find a flawless DS one. Plus, it's difficult to emulate some features like mics, touch screens, etc.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Return to Emulation