The Monkey Museum

Working on your own project related to the Donkey Kong Country series?
This forum is your place to discuss fangames, artwork, stories and so forth which are DKC relevant.

The Monkey Museum

Postby Tiptup Jr. » March 24th, 2010, 8:26 am

Good evening, sirs and madams.

So awhile back I was having a convo with Simion32 and Jomingo, I believe, about retrieving wallpapers, icons, and other downloads from the now-defunct DKC3 GBA website. Well guess what? Completely by chance, I have FOUND the CD that I put all these files on (in February of 2006) and have uploaded them for the Donkey Kong fan community to enjoy. I'd also like to use this page to document and archive all such files on any Donkey Kong-related site- most of these are no longer accessible by conventional means, so certain artworks and wallpapers become completely lost to the masses. Here's where we change that.

If you have downloads from any Donkey Kong site, defunct or otherwise, post a link to them and I'll edit it into this post. If it's from a functional site just post a link to that site, for convenience's sake.

...Obviously, we'll have to start small, but with some good sleuthing I'm sure we could strike some decent finds. :)

DOWNLOAD LIST:
~~Donkey Kong Country 3 for Game Boy Advance- wallpapers, screensaver and icons: DKC3 Downloads.zip
~~Mario Super Sluggers- trading cards: http://mariosupersluggerscards.com/

Admins and Mods feel free to format this all fancy if you like, or whatever... idk. :/
Simion32: Uploaded DKC3 downloads to Atlas in lieu of Megaupload Crackdown
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Re: Exciting New Project - The Monkey Museum!

Postby Simion32 » March 25th, 2010, 5:03 am

Excellent achievement, Tiptup. Here's a complimentary Bleak Avatar with alpha:
BleakAlphaAvatar.png
Bleak stares you down before a rematch.
BleakAlphaAvatar.png (20.09 KiB) Viewed 10973 times
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Re: Exciting New Project - The Monkey Museum!

Postby Tiptup Jr. » March 26th, 2010, 9:08 am

Thank you sir. Unfortunately, certain events have occurred here in... the real world... and I probably won't be able to invest too much time in extensive scouring for more stuff like this, but of course everyone is else can feel free to. I was burning CDs for a friend one day and just "happened" to stumble upon that DKC3 disc. :P

But beastly avatar! *steal*

EDIT: Gah, file's too big when I try to put it in! Errrr. :x
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Re: The Monkey Museum

Postby Gaz » March 7th, 2012, 9:40 am

Not wanting to bump or anything, but what is the URL for the DKC3 GBA site? I can always look it up in http://web.archive.org. P.S. MegaUpload has defunct, could you please reupload all of this on MediaFire, 4Shared or here? Thanks Tiptup Jr.
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Re: The Monkey Museum

Postby VideoViking » March 7th, 2012, 1:27 pm

Actually, all upload sites are in danger of being defunct or forced to convert to a U.S.-copyright compliant site (a web service where you must pay for copyrighted material, like the iTunes Store).
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 41

Return to DKC Projects/Fanworks