DKC related artwork — post your masterpieces!

Working on your own project related to the Donkey Kong Country series?
This forum is your place to discuss fangames, artwork, stories and so forth which are DKC relevant.

Re: DKC related artwork — post your masterpieces!

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 22nd, 2023, 8:20 am

D12F82EB-BDD3-40CD-89FF-3521058F06E9.jpeg
Kloaks pursuing Kongs

:dixiehappy: :diddyrock:
I found this today! Some artwork I haven’t seen on the atlas gallery! I also found this on the super old rare”where” website! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Simion32 » January 23rd, 2023, 3:26 am

I'll let it slide but this topic is not for official artwork, it's for fan art.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Cyclone » January 23rd, 2023, 8:34 am

That is already in the gallery. I posted it years ago!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 559

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 23rd, 2023, 10:38 am

Oh, I didn’t realize that, Simion! I didn’t realize that! Is there a thread for posting official artwork? Also, sorry Cyclone, I didn’t realize that. I actually thought it was new. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Kimi Kong » July 20th, 2023, 5:26 am

So here's an explanation.

A friend and I are playing through DK64(in a series we call Stupid Adventures because it is just that, very stupid) and the topic of "What if Dixie was in DK64?" and the idea of her not being playable but is a secret kidnapped victim came up.

And then these were made.

For this picture, we imagined that once you accomplish a certain thing in the game, you an find her unconscious in a cell(we believed that K. Rool's minions took precautions with Dixie and heavily sedated her so she wouldn't escape).

and then there's the follow up.

After rescued, there would be some interactions with the Dixie and the others, one of the first ones being her little sister jumping into Dixie's arms for a hug(she was very worried about her).

I actually love how these turned out and I plan on trying to actually animate these as possible cutscenes, but as of now, its just a maybe.

Also, I need to come back here more often. I miss this place.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 136

Postby Super Luigi! » July 20th, 2023, 10:25 am

We miss you, Kimi Kong, or at least I do. I'm very glad to see you again, and once Tanager reads this and meets you, so will he. These pictures are also amazing, and I like your story for them. Whether you end up animating this or not, I don't mind, so until next time, please take care.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Kimi Kong » July 20th, 2023, 10:26 am

Thank you. It means a lot. I've really missed you guys.

And you'll be one of the first people I notify when/if I animate it.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 136

Postby Super Luigi! » July 20th, 2023, 10:29 am

Understood. For now, I shall keep these pictures you shared to mark the occassion and remember you by. Thanks again, and if you ever need me in the future, just send a message.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » July 22nd, 2023, 7:40 am

Super Luigi! wrote:We miss you, Kimi Kong, or at least I do. I'm very glad to see you again, and once Tanager reads this and meets you, so will he. These pictures are also amazing, and I like your story for them. Whether you end up animating this or not, I don't mind, so until next time, please take care.

i completely agree! Also, Super Luigi, what do you think about 3d animated cutscenes for my game after you beat a world?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » July 22nd, 2023, 11:03 am

If you want to make them, then go ahead, but don't feel forced to.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Chibisai Kong » October 19th, 2023, 5:55 pm

I know I don't post often anymore (Tanagar and Luigi, I feel like the forum has become mostly y'all's by this point and that is ok /posi) but I really really want to post this here

I like to draw Wrinkly as a spirit built like a Luigi's Mansion ghost. It's surprisingly fun, tho I don't normally do her eyes like this.
Attachments
khjkjhjhk.png
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Super Luigi! » October 20th, 2023, 10:24 am

The forum is for everyone, Chibisai Kong, and it's great to see you again. As for your Wrinkly drawing, she definitely looks younger, and I'm sure she would be friendly towards Luigi like Madame Clairvoya, Polter Pup, and Morty are. Thanks for sharing this with us.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Chibisai Kong » October 20th, 2023, 2:01 pm

Thanks! I'm happy to share art any time.

One of these days, I'ma learn how to draw older people. She and Cranky always come out looking so young. :oops: She definitely would be benevolent to Luigi and friends, and would probably even try to help if she could just!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Sledgehammer44 » October 21st, 2023, 9:23 am

Chibisai Kong wrote:I know I don't post often anymore (Tanagar and Luigi, I feel like the forum has become mostly y'all's by this point)

Well, I wouldn't go that far. Some other folks like me stick around.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 5

Postby WesternTanager794 » October 21st, 2023, 11:09 am

True. And many other people frequent. Flurry is a new member who's been on a lot, Simion is on often, Rainbow Sprinklez, and Matt too.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Chibisai Kong » October 21st, 2023, 12:53 pm

Sledgehammer44 wrote:Well, I wouldn't go that far. Some other folks like me stick around.

That's fair, Sledge. I really just said that because they seem to be the two I see the most active when I pop on, but it's always nice to meet unfamiliar faces in a setting like this. That line in that post was more a little joke than anything, I promise.

And Tanager, it was a really nice surprise to pop in the other day and see those people posting! I remember at least Simion and Matt from when I went on here daily in high school.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Sledgehammer44 » October 22nd, 2023, 5:26 am

Chibisai Kong wrote:I remember at least Simion and Matt from when I went on here daily in high school.

Kind of ironic that you mention that, since I'm currently in my last year of high school (senior).
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 5

Postby WesternTanager794 » October 23rd, 2023, 7:31 am

Ok got it. I've been attempting making some DP sketches. They're turning out ok. I'll post them in an unrelated topic.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Kimi Kong » December 14th, 2023, 1:42 am

So I never got around to drawing Dixie's design from the new Mario movie and wanted to give it a shot but didn't want to draw her alone in the picture and decided to add Tiny to it.

and I ended up redesigning her slightly.
also forgot to draw her shoes last night
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 136

Postby Super Luigi! » December 15th, 2023, 4:48 am

Well done, Kimi Kong. Both Dixie and Tiny are adorable, and I don't mind that they're redesigned, since they still look like themselves. Thanks again for sharing your art with us, and I wish you the best. As always, you are great.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Super Luigi! » December 31st, 2023, 1:10 pm

You've done well once more, Kimi Kong. The finished drawing is at least five times better, and I'm glad you shared it with us. Thank you for being so great.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby TheLameNameJero » February 20th, 2024, 9:07 am

https://twitter.com/JeroRomero2004/stat ... HVydQ&s=19

well hey I made a masterpiece, and it's a Kremling redesign like how paon usually does one and it's Krusha!

When I saw the concept art of him for a potential appearance in Barrel Blast I kind of thought I want to attempt for my own that feels like a redesign that they did for Klump actually where is just no soldier/army aspect, so it's him being a gymbro.

The reason why he's gray is because well... there's already a blue one in BB and it's to reference gray kremlings (and his own gray variant), and honestly I like what i did here!
Newcomer
Bananas received 6

Postby Super Luigi! » February 20th, 2024, 12:53 pm

I like your drawing too, and since this Krusha is gray, he's clearly the strongest. With him and Barrel Blast Klump together, everyone would likely have fun.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Flurryxvivo » February 21st, 2024, 6:21 am

That Krusha redesign looks sick, glad to see a reference to the gray Krushas from DKC! by the way welcome to the Atlas, didn't know you were on here too Jero
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 12

Postby TheLameNameJero » February 21st, 2024, 7:09 am

Thanks to you both!

Super Luigi! wrote:I like your drawing too, and since this Krusha is gray, he's clearly the strongest. With him and Barrel Blast Klump together, everyone would likely have fun.

I actually didn't know a gray Krusha is more stronger than a regular Krusha! And yeah... he really bundles well with Barrel Blast Klump, I don't want him to be all alone.

Flurryxvivo wrote:That Krusha redesign looks sick, glad to see a reference to the gray Krushas from DKC! by the way welcome to the Atlas, didn't know you were on here too Jero

Yeah! The gray variant for him is pretty cool and well not as iconic then his blueness it's pretty good! Also yeah I'm always been around I just never spoke too much lol.
Newcomer
Bananas received 6

Previous

Return to DKC Projects/Fanworks