DKC related artwork — post your masterpieces!

Working on your own project related to the Donkey Kong Country series?
This forum is your place to discuss fangames, artwork, stories and so forth which are DKC relevant.

Re: DKC related artwork - post your masterpieces!

Postby Tiptup Jr. » January 23rd, 2009, 10:16 am

Wow, just... wow. That kicks ass. If Qyz still gave out congratulatory bananas, y'know, he could do that. But I probably don't have the authority.

EDIT: Post made in response to Sean's awesomesauce picture which was at the very end of the last page so now you can't see it. Kay.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Cosmicman » March 13th, 2009, 3:15 pm

Here is my first attempt to create some art and for the first try i chose to draw the most mysterious character Mr. X . I will do my best to draw all the DKC characters in the future.

Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 91

Postby Cyclone » March 13th, 2009, 9:16 pm

That's pretty good man. Can't wait to see to see you do the other characters!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 559

Postby Qyzbud » March 13th, 2009, 9:54 pm

Agreed. That's rather bitchin'... I love the Rareware 'R' badge on his jacket; nice little touch... and oh dear - is that an ape skull? :S

Nice work, Cosmic.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Cosmicman » March 13th, 2009, 10:49 pm

Thank you guys, here is something I made in about 20 minutes. I will make another one with the lava hand holding it . :mrgreen:

Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 91

Postby Gnawzooka » March 14th, 2009, 8:33 am

Those are both very nice. I especially like the heads.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Cosmicman » March 14th, 2009, 9:04 am

Thank you Gnawzooka.

Qyzbud , that is indeed an ape skull. I don't know how that would tie in with the story but I thought it was cool.
Here is a better more complete drawing of Kleever and the hand that holds it.

Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 91

Postby Rodent » March 14th, 2009, 11:05 am

Kleever looks awesome. I can imagine seeing that artwork in the manual.
I liked your Mr X picture too, but I think he looked too bulky in the chest.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby Tiptup Jr. » March 19th, 2009, 3:12 am

That last Kleever picture kicks arse. The other two do as well, but that one just sticks out.

I made this when I was five. Diddy, Kiddy, Wrinkly, and Tiptup are depicted, as well as the name of a big Donkey Kong 64 site that I went to before the game came out. I don't have a scanner or a decent camera, so I had to use my webcam to take this. The quality kind of suffers for it.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby K.Rool the Krool » June 12th, 2009, 12:30 pm

Hey guys i made this wallpaper when I was bored, thought i'd post it here so you could tell me what you think or let me knoe if theres things you might
like to see added. :D

Link to full-sized image:

http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r393/Koolio_kool/DKCWallpaper1copy.jpg

Thanks,

-Mike.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 3

Postby Kimi Kong » June 17th, 2010, 8:38 am

This is my drawing of Dixie and Diddy. I was bored and i wish i drew it better. Oh well.
Attachments
Diddy Dixie.jpg
Diddy Dixie.jpg (54.17 KiB) Viewed 201875 times
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 136

Postby FrankMorris » June 24th, 2010, 8:18 am

Wow! I just discovered this thread. Great work everyone!

The K-O-N-G letters

Eventually I'm getting better with Blender (trust me ;))
Tourist
Bananas received 5

Postby DK4Ever » June 24th, 2010, 4:58 pm

Those letters, they are ridiculously awersome. Yeah, I said awersome. They're just that good.

I must see more!!
Treasure Hunter

Postby Tiptup Jr. » July 8th, 2010, 12:52 pm

Those are really awesome. That sign looks like something my dad would make! Seriously, you should continue pursuing animation like that. Very good.

And K. Rool the Krool- I hope you know that wallpaper is on my desktop as we speak. :)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Chibisai Kong » December 8th, 2010, 1:59 pm

Sean wrote:Eh.

Oh my god, YOU'RE SeanKingKI?! Dude, I love your artwork! You're one of my fave artists! Oh, I'm Kurochiwa-chan by the way.

Here are some of my pics. Don't ask why they're all human:

Cranky

http://s978.photobucket.com/albums/ae26 ... erence.jpg

What Happens When I'm Watching My Mom Playing DK64 And Curiosity Kills The Cat

http://s978.photobucket.com/albums/ae26 ... cs1235.jpg

I'm sorry, this one just sounds too much like my brother and I!

http://s978.photobucket.com/albums/ae26 ... erence.jpg

Proof That I'm A Moron!

http://s978.photobucket.com/albums/ae26 ... =shock.jpg

How I Depicted Wrinkly In DK64 As A Human

http://s978.photobucket.com/albums/ae26 ... ics410.jpg
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Chibisai Kong » December 8th, 2010, 2:08 pm

I'm actually thinking about making some group pictures of us all. Well, I don't think that 'think' would be appropriate because I've already started and have me, Qyz, Tompa, Phyreburnz, and Tiptup Jr. done...
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Jomingo » December 9th, 2010, 7:55 am

It's not really that big of a deal, but please don't "double post". If you want to add something to your post you can just edit it in.

Also, yeah Sean doesn't regular here anymore, he returned to the DK Vine.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Phyreburnz » December 9th, 2010, 8:37 am

Chibisai Kong wrote:I'm actually thinking about making some group pictures of us all. Well, I don't think that 'think' would be appropriate because I've already started and have me, Qyz, Tompa, Phyreburnz, and Tiptup Jr. done...

....Um.... what? Please, god, tell me that you didn't make me a monkey.............. Please explain "group pictures"........
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Chibisai Kong » December 10th, 2010, 2:09 am

No, I didn't make you a monkey, Phyreburnz. I drew you in anime form. I'm just drawing the people that have pictures posted in the picture thread. What I mean by 'group picture' is basically a group shot of us. No ridiculous poses(well, OK, maybe mine but that's about it), everybody is normal(or as I interpreted them in anime form).
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Chibisai Kong » December 10th, 2010, 3:09 am

No, I didn't make you a monkey, Phyreburnz. I drew you in anime form. I'm just drawing the people that have pictures posted in the picture thread. What I mean by 'group picture' is basically a group shot of us. No ridiculous poses(well, OK, maybe mine but that's about it), everybody is normal(or as I interpreted them in anime form).
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Phyreburnz » December 10th, 2010, 9:17 am

I was kind of afraid of that... Please don't.... I really don't care for anime... It's really nothing against you, but please don't draw me as such.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Ribbedebie » December 18th, 2010, 6:15 am

I don't really know what's happening here, but guys, this topic must be kept alive! For all that's good! Bwaugh!

You guys probably know me as a mere insignificant n00b who doesn't do much except for the odd post now and then... but boy, do I like to draw. And I just happened to go into a fangirl-phase about DKC.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/ ... 33v1d2.png

Photoshop, eh? I'm trying to explore the program's advanced functions. And what better to experiment with than a ridiculously detailed background on a cutesy Diddy and Dixie pic? D'aaaaw. I actually searched for the actual in-game backgrounds to make it appear just like in the game.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 57

Postby Phyreburnz » December 18th, 2010, 12:25 pm

Cool job, yo. And if you need any help with photoshop, you can just ask me. I use it all the time! Or if you feel weird about that, you can look on youtube for numerous tutorials. There's some pretty cool stuff you can do.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Tiptup Jr. » December 18th, 2010, 12:31 pm

Ribbedebie wrote:http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/333/5/2/52fd9754481a262175e52e8ead5f2c78-d33v1d2.png

Wow, that is REALLY nice. Diddy and Dixie just look so... great together like that, and I like how her ponytail and his tail are intertwined.

That picture is legit. In fact, it's too legit to quit.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Ribbedebie » December 18th, 2010, 9:37 pm

Thanks, dudes! :D Well erm, I've been using Photoshop for almost three years now yet I still don't know the program inside-out. But when I'm stuck, I often look around on DeviantART for tutorials. Thanks though!

I think I used 30 layers or something and that it took 3 hours. D8 Usually, my pics don't take so long. But then, I put a lot of effort in that one. More than usual.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 57

Postby Phyreburnz » December 23rd, 2010, 4:37 am

Okay, so it's not really DKC fan art, but it is a gorilla I made in ceramics... last year? I dunno... after having four + different ceramics classes I lose track!
But anyways, his name is Dan. He took a really long time because I textured the fur and it looks really neat! He also has a propeller hat!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby A7Penn » December 23rd, 2010, 9:34 am

Quote deleted by Simion32. Please do not quote posts directly above you, especially large ones.

Wow. That looks really good. Nice detail. Hes got a belly button and everything. I love the little cap. :D
Tourist

Postby Ribbedebie » December 23rd, 2010, 10:04 pm

Hah, that's pretty cool. I like his little hat. xD

Alas, since it's almost Christmas, I drew a little something for the holiday season.
even though it doesn't really look Christmasy. Hey, I just HAD to put in a Bramble Blast reference!

Really, I can't see Dixie as a monkeyfied equivalent of Princess Peach (apart from wearing pink and crying a lot). Even though she and Diddy are supposedly a couple, they just show their affection by annoying each other. :lol:
Trailblazer
Bananas received 57

Postby QueenAvira » December 24th, 2010, 5:05 am

King.jpg
King K.Rool and the cristal Coconut
King.jpg (68.59 KiB) Viewed 201525 times

this is My favorite character :D
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Postby QueenAvira » December 25th, 2010, 2:24 am

Avira draw.jpg
I And the monkey
Avira draw.jpg (20.06 KiB) Viewed 201525 times

Diddy
How to train your Winged Kremling
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Postby QueenAvira » December 25th, 2010, 2:39 am

DK.jpg
DK.jpg (107.01 KiB) Viewed 201523 times

Merry Christmas for all of you, and a happy new year!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
I don't know if what i write is correct becouse i am brazillian girl, but i have certain, than i was writing correct , but the drawing is beutiful isn't ;)
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Postby Tiptup Jr. » December 25th, 2010, 3:55 am

It's nice! And yes, everything's spelled correctly- very good drawing.

(And on a side-note, there's a lot of Diddy and Dixie shipping in this thread.)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Ribbedebie » December 25th, 2010, 5:12 am

Oh, too much DiddyxDixie? Welp, I've got some non-shippy DKC-related pics too. :P

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/ ... 356kfb.png
How King K. Rool stole Christmas. At least, he attempted to.

Happy holidays, folks!
Trailblazer
Bananas received 57

Postby QueenAvira » December 26th, 2010, 7:57 am

Ribbedebie wrote:Oh, too much DiddyxDixie? Welp, I've got some non-shippy DKC-related pics too. :P

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/ ... 356kfb.png
How King K. Rool stole Christmas. At least, he attempted to.

Happy holidays, folks!

hahahaha, so funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Postby QueenAvira » December 26th, 2010, 8:02 am

Tiptup Jr. wrote:It's nice! And yes, everything's spelled correctly- very good drawing.

(And on a side-note, there's a lot of Diddy and Dixie shipping in this thread.)

Thankyou, I have passed for one experience too cool, i are in a radio with my favorite aunt, i help her here
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Postby Chibisai Kong » December 26th, 2010, 1:50 pm

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, you all draw the characters so good and I'm stuck with my versions of them looking similar to their human selves but with---

Y'know what? I'm just gonna leave it at that. Let's just say the last time I tried to draw how DK really looks it came out like a picture of my classmate(which, since he's so rude, would actually be King K. Rool).
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby QueenAvira » December 27th, 2010, 12:55 am

Chibisai Kong wrote:Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, you all draw the characters so good and I'm stuck with my versions of them looking similar to their human selves but with---

Y'know what? I'm just gonna leave it at that. Let's just say the last time I tried to draw how DK really looks it came out like a picture of my classmate(which, since he's so rude, would actually be King K. Rool).

i learned make drawings alone, i am many intelligent like K.rool ;)
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Postby Ribbedebie » December 29th, 2010, 8:02 pm

Lol! But don't feel bad, I can't draw DK either. Just Diddy and Dixie.

I learned to draw them mostly because I've played the games my whole life. I look closely at their defining traits and draw that in my own style. The thing I like most about the Kongs is that they're all so different! You know, you can shave them bald yet still recognize who they are. (that sounds weird, but it's true. Most artists often do that to see if their characters differ enough.)

Alas, I recently drew this.
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/ ... 35v76q.png
I totally forgot the last time I did a background like that. Those darned size limits!

Yeah, more DiddyxDixie shipping. I am so sorry. :lol:
Trailblazer
Bananas received 57

Postby Ribbedebie » January 12th, 2011, 3:52 am

I am sorry for this double post

but I just had to share this

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/ ... 36xn4y.png
King K in his eighties :lol: he's deaf, and that thing he's holding against his ear is a sound... listening horn that deaf people usually have in comics heheh
Trailblazer
Bananas received 57

Postby Phyreburnz » January 13th, 2011, 5:34 am

Ribbedebie: your stuff makes me laugh! Love it!

I have some stuff that I made in... 9th grade...? I can't remember how old this stuff is, but it was inspired by DKC. I made them in a class called Digital Fantasy Painting. It was basically a class to get to know Photoshop, so I was a beginner then (so that's why the first is sooooo crude).

I drew the characters and coloured them in photoshop. The background is made from a program called Bryce (it makes landscapes and such). The character on the left is Revolver Ocelot (he's a human character on Metal Gear Solid, and so I wanted to make a literal "Revolver Ocelot"). The character on the right is one that I made just because I love DKC. Don't laugh at me, but I kinda mad a her more than just some random monkey chick. I wanted her to be Candy's badass sister, Honey Kong. I know it's kinda stupid...

This Is a painting that I made, pretty much because I love DKC. I think it was one of the first legit paintings I ever did. I don't remember if I wanted the flying monkey in the bottom right-hand corner to also be Honey Kong or not.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Chibisai Kong » January 15th, 2011, 6:00 am

I don't know why but I seem to want to draw a picture of something happening when DK was being born. If anybody wants to guess but can't think of anything, here's a hint: his father's face is red and he can barely breathe because there's an arm crushing his windpipe.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Ribbedebie » January 15th, 2011, 8:33 pm

Heh... somewhat reminds me of a fan fiction I wrote where DK meets Diddy, here still an itty bitty baby, for the first time. It was adorable. Needs some fine-tuning, though. It had a rather humorous part where DK said his father didn't need to be so cranky about the kid staying in the house. 'Cranky!' parroted baby!Diddy. And thus, the elder ape was to be known as Cranky. :lol: (yeah, the whole grandfather/father thing between DK and Cranky is kind of confusing. I just pretend he's his dad. It can also be argued that Cranky forgets about it, lolz.)
Trailblazer
Bananas received 57

Postby Phyreburnz » January 16th, 2011, 3:50 am

Maybe DK was adopted? Might explain that no one knows if Cranky is his grandfather or father. Maybe DK was left on the doorstep of a monostary... I don't know where I'm goin' with this! But it would be neat if he was some kind of highly-anticipated birth, because his head looks like DK island. And is DK older than Diddy? I know that DK calls Diddy his nephew, even though he isn't really.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby QueenAvira » January 16th, 2011, 9:22 am

This drawing is based in my favorite movie
Attachments
Queen Avira and Diddy Kong.jpg
Queen Avira and Diddy Kong.jpg (40.16 KiB) Viewed 201029 times
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Postby Ribbedebie » January 17th, 2011, 2:51 am

How To Train your Dragon meets Donkey Kong Country, I presume? xD That movie is awesome. Cool drawing, too.

Concerning the whole Cranky and DK thing... I really dunno.

I always thought DK was older than Diddy. Say, DK is probably in his early 30's and Diddy in his early 20's by the time of DKCReturns, even though he looks really young there.... younger than in DKC2, even. It can be argued he's still so small because he's a monkey, not an ape like DK.

Ugh! These things are screwed up, man!

any way here is a drawing to stay on topic
this is seriously the best Diddy I have ever drawn seriously
Trailblazer
Bananas received 57

PreviousNext

Return to DKC Projects/Fanworks