A currently unnamed sprite animation I hope to make

Working on your own project related to the Donkey Kong Country series?
This forum is your place to discuss fangames, artwork, stories and so forth which are DKC relevant.

A currently unnamed sprite animation I hope to make

Postby Gnawzooka » August 8th, 2008, 2:30 pm

Well, as the title says, I plan to make a DK sprite animation, probably using Flash. But the problem is, I've been searching and searching and I haven't been able to find any sprites for:
Master Necky (and Snr)
Rockcroc
Klaptrap
Klump
Ghost Krow
Ghost Mini Necky
So, I'm not telling you to go out and find them for me, but if you do happen know where I could find some, please say so. Oh, and I've already tried Spriters Resource so you know.
If you're curious, it's going to be a comedy. :twisted:
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Re: A currently unnamed sprite animation I hope to make

Postby Qyzbud » August 8th, 2008, 3:52 pm

Hehe, a comedy, eh? I rarely come across a sprite/Flash animation that takes itself seriously... I wonder if such a thing's even possible. :P

As for the sprites, well I'm going to want them as resources for the Atlas at some stage down the track, so I may be able to help out. The Kreepy Krow and ghostly Mini-Necky sprites might be a little tricky... They have a blue palette and transparency, from what I remember. I guess Flash should be able to do both of those effects, using tint and alpha - so maybe you won't need these specific sprites after all.

Anyhow, good luck with your search, and the project itself; I'll let you know if I find any good resources, or if I collect the sprites myself. In the meantime, some other members could probably help out.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Gnawzooka » August 8th, 2008, 6:16 pm

Unfortunately though, i've been finding both Flash and Photoshop rather uncooperative. Although it doesn't help that I have virtually no prior experience with either. :lol:
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Cody » August 9th, 2008, 9:04 am

I ripped Klaptrap, Klump, and Master Necky for you...I was going to do Kreepy Krow and his Mini-Necky companions, but I couldn't - they use transparency effects and it'd come out wrong if I were to rip them.

I'll rip Rockcroc and Snr. as soon as possible. :)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Gnawzooka » August 9th, 2008, 11:42 am

Thank you very much! Not to be greedy, but could you get the dieing sprites too? Either way though, these will surely be put to use. Thank you very much indeed!Although for Master Necy Snr i'd only need one of the sprites and from there I can just recolour the jr sprites to get the rest.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Return to DKC Projects/Fanworks