DKC Fanfiction - tell us a story!

Working on your own project related to the Donkey Kong Country series?
This forum is your place to discuss fangames, artwork, stories and so forth which are DKC relevant.

Re: DKC Fanfiction - tell us a story!

Postby WesternTanager794 » March 21st, 2023, 3:10 pm

Thanks for explaining that! Do you want me to not spread individual side stories beyond the chapter so you can keep up with it? :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » March 22nd, 2023, 11:26 am

I think what you're doing is fine. If I had to take a test about your stories, then they would be tough to follow, but for right now, I like how you write.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » March 22nd, 2023, 11:59 am

Thanks for all the encouragement you’ve given me. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » April 8th, 2023, 12:35 pm

After thinking about writing more over the past few weeks, here's a silly story that doesn't make any sense and hopefully helps:

Cave Story
Spoiler!
It was time for Diddy to enter his favorite cave again. Although rain wasn't yet falling outside, that didn't matter much. Entering the enclosure, he happened upon a nice spot to take a nap and soon slept soundly.

Dixie followed her boyfriend from a distance into the cave, and she giggled greatly once he nodded off. Because Diddy was extremely cool and brotherly, the young woman recruited Tiny so they could share their supreme sisterliness with him. Chunky also joined them, although he promised to simply study a nearby cavern lake.

When Diddy awoke to find Dixie and Tiny cuddling him, he was not at all surprised, for the three of them were true siblings. While still hugging each other, they then walked over to Chunky, who was one with nature at this point. The soft-spoken muscle man turned to the trio and simply smiled while many butterflies, birds, and banana fairies circled around him and proved his power.

The End.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » April 8th, 2023, 3:19 pm

Well done, once again, Super Luigi! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » April 8th, 2023, 10:59 pm

Also, my next chapter will be released shortly. I've had delays due to the length of the chapters and the amount of detail I want to put in them. I still feel like I don't detail anything well. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » April 9th, 2023, 11:03 am

Thanks, Tanager, and as far as I'm concerned, your stories have incredible details. Although I could be wrong, I still enjoy reading your work.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » April 9th, 2023, 12:38 pm

As in descriptive writing. But thanks for the encouragement as always. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » April 15th, 2023, 11:06 pm

The Kremlings Revenge
Chapter 21 The Hive of King Morzeka
Spoiler!
" 'To the landlubbering Kong Klan,
I've kidnapped that lumbering Donkey Kong and that irritatingly cute Kiddy Kong! And you'll never see them again! HarHarHarHarHar!'," said Diddy, reading the note in his hands.
"I don't buy it, Diddy. Remember when Tiny was supposedly kidnapped? It was a hoax!" said Dixie, "Also, it was completely unrealistic in your voice. K.rool wouldn't have spoken in such a monotone voice."
"You're probably right. But this sounds more serious. We didn't get a note last time. I mean, this has got K.rool’s signature and everything!" said Diddy.
"Perhaps," said Dixie, "K.rool might be trying to scare us off from wreaking more havoc. We just destroyed Mr. X's stronghold."
"You mean we decimated it," said Diddy.
"Yes. This could just be a last-ditch attempt to reorganize his forces after the mess we put them in!" said Dixie.
"K.rool's not that smart," said Diddy.
"He might be," said Dixie, "But how can we be sure."
"Kunning's the real brains behind the operation," said Diddy.
"That doesn't mean that K.rool isn't shrewd," said Dixie.
"Have you seen Kiddy recently? Or DK, for that matter?" asked Diddy.
"No. It's been a while," said Dixie.
"There could be some truth in it," said Diddy, "And maybe K.rool's smarter than we take him for."
"We have to strike the heart of K.rool's empire while he's down!" said Dixie.
"Whether they are kidnapped or not, I agree. K.rool will have to give concessions if Zany Zingerland goes down," said Diddy.
"I think K.rool wants us to take a break. I say otherwise!" said Dixie.
"Let's go!" said Diddy, "It can't be too far for Funky! The flashing neon sign is probably only five or ten miles away!"
"Do you think Funky will be here soon?" asked Dixie.
"I don't know," said Diddy, "I would hope so."
"We should keep moving. It's freezing!" said Dixie.
"A Monkey Puzzle Tree," said Krook.
"What's that?" asked Kaboing, coming over to look over Krook's shoulder.
Krook flipped his magazine one page backward, "It's obviously a puzzle of a tree that Kongs manufactured!"
"Really! I don't see an image in the catalog," said Kaboing.
"There isn't an image for this item," said Krook, "Maybe it's supposed to be a surprise.
Krook stood up from his armchair and stretched.
"It could be a surprise!" said Kaboing, "Let's go down and place an order for it!"
"It's 70 kremkoins, though. It's expensive. And the catalog says that it's ten feet. Where would we store it?" asked Krook.
"We'll find someplace! Come on! Let's go!" said Kaboing bounding out the door.
The two of them headed down to the store, where they were greeted by the proprietor of the store. A one Bazaar Bear.
"Hello, you two! What antics are you Krocks up to now?" asked Bazaar.
"We'd like to acquire a monkey puzzle tree," said Krook matter-of-factly.
"A mighty fine specimen, if I do say so myself! Please allow for 1-2 weeks of delivery. I'll put it on your tab, Krook. I don't think you have seventy kremkoins on demand," said Bazaar.
"Indeed, I don't! How much is it up to now, Bazaar?" asked Krook.
"Adding the seventy? ninety-two kremkoins and twenty-seven kremkents," said Bazaar.
"What tree is it of?" asked Kaboing.
"What? Why do you ask? It is a monkey puzzle tree," said Bazaar.
Kaboing, not wishing to embarrass himself, merely nodded.
"Good! Looks like everything is in order! See both of you later! Feel free to pop in anytime you like!" said Bazaar cheerfully.
"On our dime, I suppose!" said Krook as he walked out the door.
"I ought to be offended by that," said Bazaar.
"Don't be, Bazaar," said Kaboing, "He thinks it's funny. He doesn't mean any offense."
"Well, either way, it's not polite to say that to a shopkeeper to who you owe nearly a hundred kremkoins," said Bazaar.
"Are you going to call in your debts?" asked Kaboing concernedly.
"Of course not! I have no reason to do that!" said Bazaar.
"Bye, Bazaar!" said Kaboing.
"See you later, Kaboing!" said Bazaar, "Don't get into too much trouble!"
"We won't!" said Kaboing heading out the door.
"So Tiny, you want me to break three Kongs out of Kremkroc? And how? Have you seen the security there?" asked Squitter, "It's hard enough to get Chunky out, but DK and Kiddy are impossible!"
"Which is why this is the impossible mission!" said Tiny.
"You remember when Conker busted Bumper out of jail! Rareware got fired for it!" said Squitter.
"I thought it was because Conker had a bad fur day!" said Tiny, "And Rareware didn't actually get fired."
"Close enough," said Squitter, "Nintendo essentially did the same thing as a pocket veto!"
"Huh?" said Tiny.
"You weren't around for the behind-the-scenes stuff, were you," said Squitter.
"Obviously not," said Tiny.
"Anyways, Conker broke Bumper out of jail, And," said Squitter.
"Wait, when did that happen?!" said Tiny.
"Nintendo tried to keep it under wraps," said Squitter.
"Whatever did Bumper get arrested for?" asked Tiny.
"He got caught attempting to break into a hoverboat," said Squitter.
"How would he break into it? He could jump right in!" said Tiny.
"This one was forcefielded. Bumper was trying to disable the security," said Squitter.
"Why would he steal a hoverboat?" asked Tiny.
"Bumper said at the trial that he thought it was his. The board of Nintendo character commissioners ruled him guilty. They permanently archived him on their servers. Same fate as the original Donkey Kong Country models," said Squitter.
"Did Conker hack it?" asked Tiny.
"He had some sort of kremling rocket scientist genius download him onto the server," said Squitter.
"So, he got trapped there?" asked Tiny.
"No. There was a video game jail on the servers. Imprisoned were "canceled" and "retired" characters. Conker pulled a heist on the guards. What do you mean? Well, the kremling rocket scientist downloaded Berri from one of the servers containing the theoretical space. Conker started to go through one of the checkpoints, but when he was told to take his metal objects out, he started shooting the place up with an automatic," said Squitter.
"Did Conker tell you all of this?" asked Tiny.
"Yeah, I have chats with him over the phone almost daily," said Squitter.
“You do?!” said Tiny.
“He lives nearby,” said Squitter.
“He’s really mellowed out since the heist,” said Squitter, “I think he’s happy that Berri’s back.”
“Anyway, the two of them pulled the same stunt they did at the Feral Reserve Bank,” said Squitter.
“Nonsense!” said Tiny, “Let’s get back to the manner at hand.”
“I still think it’s impossible to accomplish what you want me to do,” said Squitter.
“We’re both going to do it!” said Tiny, “I have a plan!”
“How did DK and Kiddy get captured?” asked Squitter, “And what’s your plan?”
“I may have sort of handed them over to K.rool,” said Tiny.
“You what?!” said Squitter.
“I’ll explain later,” said Tiny.
“You should really explain now,” said Squitter.
“It interferes with my plans. The required timing is very precise. We have a window of once every 12 days to pull this off,” said Tiny.
“Explain now,” said Squitter.
“In short, I turned them in to appease K.rool. I’m a double agent. The plan was to recapture them immediately, but I got captured by Kunning,” said Tiny, “That delayed me considerably.
“If that’s what you can do for a short explanation, I consider that that is good enough!” said Squitter.
“Ok. The entry point is there,” Tiny pointed to the door manned by two guards about ten yards in front of them.
“Please tell me you’ve scouted out the rounds, the area, the guards?” asked Squitter, “In short, do you know the territory?”
“I have! The guards rotate hourly. The security cameras are equipped with lasers. There are two guards at every entrance. The laser cameras are aimed at the guards. This is probably supposed to protect them or prevent them from deserting. Inside the factories, there is too much smoke and fumes for cameras to get a clear view of anything, so they sparsely populate that area. Inside, there are a series of krackshot krocs. This is especially prevalent in the main factory. That is where we must go in order to access the dungeon door. Twenty-five guards are at the entrance. Why so many, I don’t know,” said Tiny.
“Maybe Kunning’s really afraid of the combined might of DK and Kiddy,” Squitter said, laughing.
“That I doubt,” said Tiny, “Squitter, this sounds like an impossible mission. But it’s really quite easy!”
“I’ve dealt with krackshots before,” said Squitter, “But how is any of this easy.”
“It’s rather light compared to what I was expecting,” said Tiny, “And these guards should switch any moment now, Squitter. So, stay alert.”
Thirty seconds passed.
“Is my watch wrong?” asked Tiny.
She glanced at her other watch.
“Oh! It’s two minutes off!” said Tiny.
“So, what’s the plan?” asked Squitter, “Hopefully, it’s not, 'go in guns a blazing!’. Because we don’t have any armaments that I know of. Unless you have a whole stash in that trench coat of yours,” said Squitter.
“I only put this on because it’s cold. And it was the warmest thing I had on hand. But no, I don’t have any weapons,” said Tiny.
“Then what do we do?” asked Squitter.
“I charge the guards. You simultaneously take out the cameras with web!” said Tiny.
“I can’t destroy them, Tiny,” said Squitter.
“I just need you to cover them,” said Tiny.
“That’s it?” asked Squitter.
“Oh, can you dispatch the sentries as well?” asked Tiny.
“Before or after I wipe out the other guards?” asked Squitter.
“After!” said Tiny, bursting from the thicket.
“Tiny!” said Squitter exploding from the bushes.
The guards looked shocked. However, the cameras immediately aimed at Tiny, and two green lasers were on her face.
“A green laser. That’s good. Only the targeting laser,” said Tiny.
The guards only needed a second to react from their shock. Immediately they pointed their guns at Tiny. At that point, Squitter webbed the cameras. This left the guidance laser randomly spinning directions.
“Hands up!” they both said at the same time.
Squitter webbed both guards. Then the guards replacing the webbed sentries were just turning the bend. At the sight of the moaning kremlings, and the lasers firing randomly, they fled. Squitter immediately shot them but missed.
“They’ll be sounding the alarm any moment now!” said Squitter in disbelief, “Tiny messed this up considerably! Tiny! Wait!”
Tiny had already cleared the door.
“She just went in! I have to go in now!” said Squitter, “This is the last time I go on an adventure with her!”
Then an air-raid siren started blaring. A massive loudspeaker started announcing.
“All kremlings head to the breach in Factory Section 5! This is not a drill! I repeat! This is not a drill!”
“Where are you, Tiny?” said Squitter inspecting the insides of the factory.
The putrid air and the stench burned his eyes. And the steam obscured his surroundings.
“Squitter! Come look!” said Tiny.
“Where are you?” asked Squitter.
“Over here!” Tiny said, “Come look!”
“On my right?” asked Squitter.
“Yes! On your right!” Tiny said, clearly exasperated.
Through the swirling smoke and running kremlings, Tiny saw a laser train on Squitter. She had seen it before. But where?
“Squitter. Don’t move,” said Tiny.
“Why?” asked Squitter.
“A laser,” Tiny said.
“A krackshot?” asked Squitter, “Kremlings are lousy shots! I can evade it.”
“Squitter. It isn’t that kind,” said Tiny.
Tiny remembered.
“What kind is it?” asked Squitter.
“Krystal, please don’t harm him. He’s my friend,” said Tiny.
“And why shouldn’t I do that?” asked Krystal, “Fox is captured. Because of you. Why should I trust you at all?”
“My word is my bond,” said Tiny.
“Junk bond! Why should I trust you at all?” asked Krystal.
“So are my friends,” said Tiny, “They’re captured too.”
“You sold them out to save your own skin. Now, when it most suits you, you come to rescue them,” said Krystal sardonically, “Is the truth any different?”
“No,” said Tiny, “Everything you said is true.”
“Then why should I help you? In fact, how many missions did we go on together?”
“Thirty-seven,” said Tiny, looking dejected.
“And you betray me,” said Krystal.
“I simply informed K.rool of Starfox’s whereabouts the next day!” said Tiny, “I didn’t capture him myself.”
“What you did was worse,” said Krystal, “You probably expected me to just go and pick up the pieces with you. Well, I went to the wizard first to figure out exactly what was going on. He was very distressed, as this was a serious blow. He thinks that K.rool will eventually bring around the end of the world. Especially if DK Island falls. He went to his seeing stone to analyze the situation.”
“I think you mean Palantir,” said Tiny.
“I meant seeing stone,” said Krystal.
“Palantir!” Tiny said.
“Seeing stone,” said Krystal.
“Tiny! She’s got a laser pinned to my back! Stop arguing over terminology!” said Squitter.
“It’s a seeing stone,” said Krystal.
“Continue,” said Tiny.
“Starfox was being tortured! And K.rool was threatening to throw him in the firing furnace!” said Krystal.
“How does that implicate me?” asked Tiny.
“You were standing outside the room,” said Krystal.
“And then he later saw you on the Gangplank Galleon holding the Crystal Coconut as DK Island sunk!” said Krystal.
“Wait a moment! The Crystal Coconut is fictional!” said Tiny.
“The seeing stones speak in symbols,” said Krystal.
“Does that mean that it represents me controlling the island?” asked Tiny.
“Exactly!” said Krystal, “It means I shouldn’t trust you. Because that’s what path you’re on. Death and destruction! So, friend, what have you done to earn my trust?”
“Nothing. But why can’t we put our differences aside?” asked Tiny.
We can’t You rescue your friends, I rescue mine,” said Krystal.
“I’m still going to meet up with you at the end to make sure you’re alive,” said Tiny.
“Fine. And I’ll let your friend live. But I may not be so generous the next time we cross paths,” said Krystal.
Krystal nimbly jumped into a large vent that was open and disappeared.
“Let’s follow her, Tiny. She seems to know where she’s going,” said Squitter.
“I suppose so,” Tiny said.
Suddenly, a solid concrete wall melted to their right.
“So much better than the Rare shotgun and Rare samurai sword,” Conker said, holding up his protonation gun.
“Oh, sh..” said Tiny.
“Really, Tiny,” said Squitter, “Is that necessary?” asked
“Absolutely,” said Tiny.
“Hands up!” Conker said as he whipped out his protonation gun.
“Conker, don’t shoot. We’re your friends,” said Tiny.
“Squitter is. I doubt he even knows what he’s doing here,” said Conker, “Tiny, you’re a traitor.”
“Huh?” said Tiny.
Krystal told me to be looking for Tiny Kong. And I think, by the description given to me, that you are Tiny Kong,” said Conker.
“I am not Tiny Kong,” said Tiny.
“Yes, you are! You fit the description perfectly!” said Conker.
“Oh, really, and could you describe this description to me?” asked Tiny.
“Well…short, green eyes, wears a striped headband, has twitchy ears,” said Conker, “Oh! That part's the description of a squirrel. Krystal had a longer description, but I don’t remember the rest. You fit all of the above! Therefore, you’re Tiny Kong. Krystal told me to shoot you on sight!”
“Look! I tell you, I’m not Tiny Kong!” said Tiny, “Please put your weapon down!”
“Well, what are you then?” asked Conker.
“I’m an elephant! And Tiny Kong isn’t short and furry. She’s big and gray!” said Tiny.
“What?” said Conker.
“Yeah!” said Tiny.
“Is Conker drunk?” Squitter asked.
“Squitter, just go along with it,” said Tiny.
“I thought he didn’t drink anymore,” said Squitter.
“And as for green eyes,” said Tiny.
“She doesn’t have them?” Conker said, confused.
“No, they’re bright blue!” said Tiny, “And she also has flappy ears!” said Tiny.
“Are you sure?” asked Conker.
“Of course, I’m sure!” said Tiny.
“If you say so,” said Conker, “But this sounds familiar. But Squitter doesn’t know what you’re actually doing here.”
“I’m helping Tiny rescue DK and Kiddy,” said Squitter.
“Aha! So, you are Tiny! And you don’t know that Chunky was captured! Do you?” asked Conker.
“Oh, I forgot! We’re getting all three of them!” said Squitter.
“Has Tiny mentioned Starfox?” asked Conker.
“Krystal did. But wasn’t his dad Starfox, and he’s Fox McCloud?” asked Squitter.
“The real intention of this operation is to undermine Kunning,” said Conker, “Didn’t Tiny tell you that she’s a spy for Kunning?”
“Not exactly,” said Squitter, “It’s news to me.”
“Not to me,” said Conker.
“I’m not! Kunning captured me, but I don’t have to follow his orders,” said Tiny,
“Course you do!” said Conker.
“Is that what I think it is?” asked Tiny.
“What?” Conker asked.
“You’re right, Tiny. What is that?” asked Squitter.
“I think it’s a unicorn riding a tricycle,” said Tiny.
“What?” said Conker turning around.
Squitter and Tiny made a break for it.
“There’s no unicorn riding a tricycle,” said Conker, “Wait? Where did they go? Come back, you fiends!”

“What is this?” asked Krook.
“It’s your monkey puzzle tree!” said the kremling delivery person.
“It’s a tree!” Kaboing said.
“What’s it supposed to be?”
“A puzzle,” said Kaboing.
“Huh?” said the kremling delivery person, “Oh. Wait! A puzzle of a tree manufactured by kongs?”
“Yeah!” said Kaboing.
“I’m sorry, but you can’t return any of the list: plants, watermelons, and train cabooses,” said the kremling delivery person.
“I thought it was kit and caboodle,” said Kaboing.
“Nope,” said the kremling.
“Maybe we should have read the return policy,” said Krook.
“Puzzles weren’t on the list!” said Kaboing, “I checked.”
“What are we supposed to do with it?” asked Krook.
“Don’t know! Do you two have a fireplace?” asked the kremling deliverer.
“No,” said Krook.
“Can you guys plant it then?”
“It’d be difficult,” said Kaboing.
“I’m sorry, then,” said the kremling delivery person, “I have to go, though. I have a quota to fulfill.”
As he and his truck left, Krook and Kaboing scratched their heads.
“What are we going to do with it?” asked Krook.

“Is that Funky’s plane?” asked Diddy.
“It’s about time!” Dixie said.
The two of them were attempting to go down from the peaks of the Misty Mountains with little success. It was simply too snowy. But in these slightly lower elevations, the climate had shifted to a degree. Therefore, it was more comfortable but still cold. And with the warmer temperature, the snow was diminished. But with some homemade snowshoes, which they had made do previously, and they made do now. The roaring of a plane in the distance combined with the timing was what caused both kongs to suspect that.
“Where is Funky going to land?” asked Diddy.
“I have no idea,” said Dixie, “The only potential flat areas to land are on the tops of these mountains. Which does little good for us.”
“Agreed,” Diddy said.
“Or the ground,” said Dixie, “Which is potentially worse.”
“Funky just flew above us!” said Diddy.
“He did?” said Dixie, “Where is he now?”
“He seems to be hovering over us!” said Diddy.
“Is he going to land on such a steep slope?” asked Dixie.
“I don’t think so, but he’s lowering in altitude,” Diddy said.
A tentative minute passed, and it became clear that was exactly was Funky was going to do. Funky was about fifty feet above when Diddy realized what was going on.
“Dixie, he’s going to land on us,” said Diddy, panicking.
“Again?!” Dixie said, “I thought he had improved his landings since!”
“He might just be using us as a guide and then he will adjust his course,” said Diddy.
“For some reason, I don’t think he’s paying enough attention,” said Dixie.
“Maybe not,” Diddy said.
“He’s at almost 20 feet, Diddy,” said Dixie, “We should hop out of the way.”
“Well, it would be more than a hop,” said Diddy.
“I think somehow Funky rigged up a hover feature that allowed this,” Dixie said, “It’s the only thing that makes sense.”
Dixie and Diddy jumped out of the way. And then proceeded to run away to clear a sizeable distance between them and the plane. After another tentative ten seconds, Funky landed and the doors opened.
“This is your captain speaking,” said Funky out of a speaker, “Last call for boarding for Mr. Diddy Kong and Ms. Dixie Kong.”
“We will be leaving without them at 12:47 PM. I repeat, last call! Two minutes left! Oh no! I didn’t squash you two, did I?!”
Funky jumped out into the feet of snow and descended two feet into the snow.
“Funky!” said Diddy.
“A little help here,” said Funky shivering, “It’s brrrr, cold!”
Diddy and Dixie pulled him out with some trouble.
“Thanks, dudes,” Funky said, still shivering, “I could’ve easily died of frostbite!”
“You’re welcome, Funky,” said Dixie.
“What’s the noise from inside?” asked Diddy.
“I picked up DK, Tiny, Kiddy, Chunky, and Squitter on my way here,” said Funky.
“So, Kiddy and DK weren’t kidnapped?” asked Diddy.

and Squitter rescued them,” said Funky.
“Don’t forget about me!” said a voice from the plane.
“And Chunky, of course,” said Funky.
“What does it all mean?” asked Diddy, “What I mean to say is, why did you not drop them off?”
“Tiny has a proposal for you,” said Funky.
“What is it?” asked Diddy.
“I’ll let her tell you that,” said Funky.
Diddy, Dixie, and Funky hopped in the plane. Funky went over to the cockpit and Diddy and Dixie headed to the cargo bay in the back where everyone else was.
“Hello, everyone!” Dixie said.
“Hi!” the crowd clambered in response.
“So where were you two imprisoned?” asked Dixie.
“Uhh, Kremkroc,” said DK.
“That’s where you two rescued them?” asked Dixie.
“Yes,” said Tiny, “Why?”
“Just curious,” said Dixie, “When did Chunky get captured?”
“A while back,” said Chunky.
“He was making a fortune of painting kremlings,” said Squitter.
“He’s that good?” Diddy said.
“It’s mostly a hobby. But I’ve gotten some good practice over the years,” said Chunky.
“Since when?” asked Dixie.
“I’ve half kept it secret. But Tiny and Ellie have been acting as portraits and helpers for years!” said Chunky.
“He’s a great teacher,” said Tiny.
“Tiny, you said you had a proposal for me,” said Diddy.
“How did you know?” asked Tiny.
“Funky told me,” Diddy said.
“The proposal is that we investigate the remains of the Gangplank Galleon. There have been reports of a massive kremling ghost army assembling there,” said Tiny.
“Since when?!” Diddy said.
“We started getting the first reports a couple weeks ago,” said Tiny.
“Who’s we?” asked Diddy.
“Krystal, the Wizard, Starfox, and me,” said Tiny.
“Are you sure it’s a kremling ghost army?” asked Diddy.
“Our sources are certain,” said Tiny.
“Who is your source?” asked Diddy.
“My source prefers to stay anonymous,” said Tiny.
“Tiny. Really?” asked Diddy.
“Ok, it’s Parry,” said Tiny.
“Parry wanted to stay anonymous?” asked Diddy.
“No, I just wanted to vex you,” said Tiny.
“Really!” said Diddy.
“So, who will go with me?” asked Dixie.
“Funky wants to teach me how to repair the plane,” said Kiddy.
“Wait, I do?” asked Funky, “Oh, I do! I almost forgot!”
Diddy shot a suspicious glance at him, to which Funky responded back with a wink.
“I’m happy to go! I’ve had not much to do lately,” said DK.
“What about Krash?” asked Dixie.
“I heard on the news that he’s been arrested for reckless endangerment. Apparently, he snuck up on a couple of chatting kremlings and deliberately charged down the road at them hitting them at excess of forty miles an hour,” said Tiny.
“Impressive! I’m surprised he hasn’t been caught earlier!” said Funky, “If I remember correctly, he’s quite infamous for pulling that stunt and getting away with it.”
“His lawyer got him off for the full charges, executed by firing squad,” said Tiny.
“Wait, that sounds awful,” said Dixie.
“He’s killed twenty kremlings and kongs from running them over, and he’s suspected of the death of a hundred more,” said Tiny, “His lawyer claimed temporary insanity.”
“All those times?” asked DK.
“The judge clearly didn’t believe it, but if you paid close enough attention, a Klaptrap snuck behind everyone and handed him a note. He pretended to look down at his stand, but it was clear he was reading something. His opinion changed quite a bit in that time afterward. When the sentence was declared, the defense attorney called for leniency. The judge responded immediately with a sentence of a year’s work in the mines. His response was too quick and seemed choreographed,” said Tiny.
“That’s probably what the note proclaimed,” said DK.
“The kremling courts are very corrupt,” said Dixie.
“Ours are corrupt as well, except when Cranky is the judge,” said Diddy.
“Or Bazooka,” Dixie added, “But he’s a bit harsh.”
“Which is most of the time. Referring to the two of them. But It’s not nearly as corrupt,” said Tiny, “No one would give leniency to Krash.”
“Especially if I was the judge,” said DK, “He’s run me over well over a dozen times!”
“Maybe if you were a kremling, it’s different,” said Diddy.
“Would we give Manky Kong leniency?” asked Tiny.
“No,” said Dixie, “But that’s not fair, he’s a sworn enemy and a jerk!”
“Have we all sworn him as an enemy?” asked DK.
“Well, in spirit, but our generation, referring to me, DK, and everyone older signed an official contract,” said Funky.
“Also, Swanky escaped bail,” said Tiny.
“How?” asked Kiddy.
“He just disappeared,” said Tiny.
“He’s just asking for trouble,” said DK.
“I think he wants attention in the media,” said Chunky, “Or at least that partly influenced his decision.”
“Maybe,” said Diddy, “But he was facing a lot of jail time.”
“I think that Manky really destroyed his cause when he decided to switch to K.rool’s side. He really renounced any claim he had on DK’s title,” said Chunky.
“It’s not hard to escape bail. Just escape into the jungle,” said Dixie.
“But everyone knows that Swanky is scared of the jungle,” said DK.
“More than years of jail time?” asked Dixie.
“That’s fair,” said DK.
“So, what’s the itinerary?” asked Funky.
“Have we decided?” asked Tiny.
“I think Diddy and I are heading to the Gangplank Galleon,” said Tiny.
“And Dixie and I are heading to Zany Zingerland, right?” said DK.
“I think so, I don’t think Kiddy wants to go,” said Dixie.
“So, you two are heading to Gangplank Galleon?” asked Funky.
“I never exactly accepted your proposition, but I’ll go,” said Diddy.
“That’s a go, then!” said Funky, “Zany Zingerland is a go, I assume.”
DK and Dixie both nodded.
“And I assume that you’re coming with us, Chunky. Unless you have somewhere else, you’d like to go,” said Funky.
“I have nothing better to do!” said Chunky, “I think I should paint you guys and Funky’s Flights. Is that fine?”
“Fine by me, dude!” said Funky.
“When did you start painting so much?” asked Dixie.
“I may have de-rusted my skills during the time I spent at Kremkroc,” said Chunky, “I want to get back into it.”
“Zany Zingerland first! We’re almost there!” said Funky, “If you look carefully, you should see a gigantic bowl-shaped hive way in the distance! I’d expect that it flashes Zingerland or something. Here are a couple of fun facts about the place!” said Funky.
“Did you do some reading about it?” asked Tiny.
“Of course! It is the largest zinger colony in the world. Its main export is honey,” said Funky.
“Really! I didn’t know that!” said DK.
“DK, are you joking?” asked Diddy.
“Of course!” said DK.
“Funky, it says Kremland,” said Kiddy.
“What?!” said Funky, “Where are my binoculars?”
“Funky, you should fly the plane. I see it too,” said Dixie.
“Did they steal it from Crocodile Isle?” asked Funky.
“I haven’t any idea,” said Dixie.
“Ok, more lore. After the collapse of Queen B, the zingers on DK Island fell into disorder,” said Funky, “After the collapse of the Gangplank Galleon, zingers flocked to Crocodile Isle. When Queen B’s brother, Morzeka, was supposedly found dead, there was no debate about who was the successor in the hives of Krazy Kremland. Queen B had been the manager of the hives before the DK Island Invasion happened,” said Funky.
“So how did Morzeka survive?” asked Dixie.
“No one knows,” said Funky, “His message is that says that K.rool genetically modified him in DKC3 to make him hyper-intelligent. I think it’s just propaganda.”
“Maybe not,” said Dixie, “K.rool genetically modified a barrel to create Belcha. K.rool modified a nid for Arich. But that one might just be a spider. KAOS is a genetically modified robot.”
“What?!” said DK.
“He’s just a robot,” said Kiddy.
“I’ll give you guys that,” said Dixie, “Bleak is a snowman, Barbos is a Lurchin.”
“Does that mean Gnawty and Necky are genetically modified?” asked Diddy.
“No, they’re just giants for their kind,” said Dixie.
“Ok,” said Diddy, “Tiny, if we’re going to go into enemy territory, we can’t get supplies, and if we land, that will spoil the surprise.”
“I’ve already prepared for that!” said Tiny, “Where are they?”
“Where are what?” asked Diddy.
“The parachutes,” said Tiny, “Oh, there they are. How did I miss them?”
“I don’t know,” said Diddy.
“Do we get parachutes?” asked DK.
“Yeah!” said Dixie.
“I’m sorry, I only brought two,” said Tiny.
“I’m sure Funky has some,” said Dixie.
“Sure, I do!” said Funky, “I don’t have as many as I used to, most got torn by the crash.”
He kicked open the compartment.
“Where are they?”
Tiny blushed.
“Tiny, did you have something to do with this?” asked Funky.
“These were the only two in good shape,” said Tiny.
“I’m dropping you two off in just a minute,” said Funky.
“What about parachutes?” asked DK.
“Eh, I think I have some backup backup parachutes in the very back,” said Funky.
“Backup backup?” asked Chunky.
“Yeah! I hope they’re in good shape!” said Funky.
“They’re fine,” said DK opening the hatch in the back.
DK tossed one over to Dixie and they put their parachutes on.
“You might want nut pistols just in case,” said Funky.
“Got them,” said DK tossing one over to Dixie.
“Ok, Kiddy will now brief you on landing procedure!” said Funky, “Thirty seconds to go!”
“Do you mean exiting technique?” asked Dixie.
“Yes. Kiddy here will now give you a rundown of proper exiting technique,” said Funky.
“Good afternoon! We're gonna have a great jump today! Okay, first crank a hard cutback as you hit the wall. There's a screaming bottom curve, so watch out. Remember: rip it, roll it, and punch it!” said Kiddy.
“What is he saying?” asked DK, “It’s like he’s trying to speak to me, I know it.”
“DK! Don’t be rude,” said Dixie, “Kiddy always pulls the unexpected.”
“Hatch open!” Funky yelled.
“Kiddy, please say the first thing again,” said DK.
“No time!” said Kiddy.
“Go!” said Funky.
Kiddy pushed the two of them out of the hatch.
“Aaaahhhh!”
Both of them were not necessarily afraid, or enjoying it, but both were adrenalized, so they were emotionally unclear.
The two of them landed ten feet in front of the gate and inches away from being revealed from the thickets.
“Bullseye!” said Funky.
DK and Dixie crashed to the ground none too quietly. Once they recovered their footing, they analyzed the situation.
“We have one thing to work with,” said Dixie.
“What’s that?” asked DK.
“The entrance!” said Dixie, “We’d have no chance to get in if it was closed! Haven’t you heard about Zinger doors? They’re produced for the hives. They are electrified and impervious to any best efforts. Even by you, Donkey.”
“We’re lucky then,” said DK.
Two zingers guarded the entrance to Zany Zingerland. Surprisingly enough, the impenetrable door behind them was open.
“Did you hear that?” asked one zinger.
“It’s another bear, isn’t it,” said the other.
“It’s our job to check it out,”
“Let’s go, then,”
“I hate our job. Do we have to go?”
“Yes, we do,” said the other zinger, almost reluctantly, “We’ll get exiled from the hive if we don’t.”
“Nut pistols out,” said Dixie.
“We only have fifty rounds each, Dixie, we should be more sparing than that,” said DK.
“Our lives could be in danger, though,” said Dixie.
The two zingers started flying over to where they weren’t when one of the zingers spoke up.
“On second thought, it came from that direction,” said one zinger.
“No, it came from over there!” said the other.
“No, over there!”
“You’re wrong!”
“No, you’re wrong!”
“Ain’t!”
“Are not!
“What?”
“Let’s sneak past them,” said Dixie.
“Good idea,” said DK.
While the two zingers were feuding, DK and Dixie snuck past them into the open entrance.
“Such a potentially foreboding gate, and they don’t even use it!” said Dixie.
“Maybe because it locks from the inside,” said DK looking at the inside mechanics of the gate.
Then DK stepped in a puddle of honey.
“Dixie, help,” said DK.
“What are you doing, silly?” asked Dixie.
“I’m in a sticky situation,” said DK.
“I’d say!” said Dixie laughing, “Try jumping.”
“It worked!”
“Course it did!” Dixie said.
“What’s the plan here?” said DK, “There’s too many kremlings here. We need to get kremling disguises.”
“On it!” said Dixie.
“Where are you going?” yelled DK.
“I’ll be back! Don’t worry!” said Dixie.
DK dived out of the way behind the decorative plant behind the entrance to avoid being spotted by a Klampon and a Zinger.
“So, have you heard the rumors that a new tv show is finally going to come out?” asked Klampon.
“I’d be surprised if it’s any good! The last time we had a decent tv show to watch that had new episodes was five years ago! And anyway, most of the time we saw reruns of the tv show even if the episode had premiered last week,” said Zinger.
“It’s some tv show about Donkey Kong,” said Klampon.
“Huh?!” DK said.
“Did you hear that?” asked Zinger.
“Nope,” said Klampon.
Zinger took a quick scan of the area, but nothing unusual caught his attention.
“Anyways, the title of the show is called Donkey Kong,” said Klampon.
“Bravo! Very original!” said Zinger.
“Are you serious?” asked Klampon.
“Of course, I’m not!” said Zinger, “Couldn’t they have come up with a better name? How about Donkey Kong Jungle Beat?”
“Taken,” said Klampon.
“How about Donkey Kong Land?” asked Zinger.
“Also taken,” said Klampon.
“This naming business is harder than I thought!” said Zinger.
“I’m back,” whispered Dixie.
DK was startled out of his stupor.
“Where did you go?” asked DK.
“I got these,” said Dixie.
“Those?” said DK with disgust.
“What did you expect?” asked Dixie.
“Something more appealing,” said DK.

This took too long for what actually came out. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » April 16th, 2023, 9:31 am

I still like it, Tanager, especially when all of the Kongs were in Funky's plane, which may have been my favorite part. Now I'll try writing something too:

Fanfiction Facts
Spoiler!
Rambi always looked very angry, but he really did like the Kongs. Enguarde, one of his best friends, also always smiled and seemed very happy, while Expresso ran from everything at super speed. As for Winky, he didn't really do anything, since he was quite calm.

When they weren't acting during their video games, the Kongs and Kremlings were actually great friends. It all started many years ago when Cranky met K. Rool and played SNES games together. Since then, their families have been very close and only pretend to fight each other as part of their jobs.

Down by the beach of DK Island, Chunky painted the local mermaid, who was very beautiful and refined. Of course, he used watercolors, since only they would work. The Banana Bird and Banana Fairy queens were next, and the gentle giant would even add all of their children as well, which both mothers would no doubt appreciate.

Because Diddy and Kip were both quite cool and handsome, they planned out how best to showcase their talents. Meanwhile, Dixie and Kass brushed each other's hair while discussing future games they could play, for their rivalry was all an act for the cameras. Not too far from these two pairs, Tiny and Kalypso playfully fought to see who was more sisterly, which caused them to laugh loudly in their signature styles.

Klump visited Wrinkly to hear her sage advice, only to find that Funky was there too. Clearly, these three characters were very important, and they soon ate an incredibly tasty meal. Then Parry showed up, and everything exploded.

The End.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » April 16th, 2023, 10:45 am

Thank you. And why was that your favorite? :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » April 17th, 2023, 5:17 am

I probably liked it because most of the Kongs were together, and I could vividly picture what they were doing based on your descriptions. Hopefully, my story helped as well.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » April 17th, 2023, 12:32 pm

I liked your story. It did help! I agree with the points you presented. But, real quick, do you have tips for Funky speech? :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » April 18th, 2023, 5:11 am

From what I've seen, Funky is very relaxed and sounds like surfer, so he'd have sentences like, "Yo, Diddy! Where's the big guy at? He eatin' too many bananas again? Man, that's just like him! But hey, can't say I blame him either! What's that? You gotta go meet your girl somewhere? Nice, dude. Alright, I'll catch you later, Diddy, my man. Keep it real, and bring Dixie over sometime, so we can all go surfin' again!"

Maybe that counts as fanfiction as well, but don't expct a story about it.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Super Luigi! » April 18th, 2023, 5:38 am

You're welcome. I decide to write a silly story anyway, so here you go. Hopefully, it helps and isn't too goofy, although I did try to make it sillier than normal.

Diddy Attacks
Spoiler!
For no real reason, Diddy decided to playfully attack many animals on DK Island. They were all his friends, and he wouldn't actually hurt them, so he deemed the offensive safe. After all, nothing else was happening, so this would work well.

Diddy started by cuddling all of the foxes in a nearby den. Although they tried to defend themselves, nobody could escape his powerful brotherly affection. Soon, they all slept soundly as the chimp made his way to their leader.

The giant fox was very powerful and affectionate, but Diddy was likewise intelligent and nimble. Blocking booty blows and tail tickles, he soon defeated his foe by feeding them many tasty bananas. Full of joy and food, the fox then happily drifted off while Diddy celebrated his victory.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » April 18th, 2023, 5:41 am

Good job! What did you think happened in the end with the kongs and scurvy and klump making fun of K.rool. And don't forget the kremling tickling foxes! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » April 18th, 2023, 5:48 am

If I was to summarize an ending, I'd say K. Rool tired of all the shenanigans and instead met with the Kongs, Scurvy and Klump, and the foxes himself to settle the matter. Maybe he'd need to consult the giant fox, who would agree to stop attacking the Kremlings for a large piece of cheese and many berries? At that point, I doubt either side would hate each other. As a funny bonus, K. Rool could spot his crew cuddling some of the foxes, which he'd either yell or laugh at, depending on his mood at that point.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » April 18th, 2023, 5:49 am

Good ending! I'll try to piece it all together soon.
:parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » April 21st, 2023, 5:32 pm

Should I start writing with my sibling the timber the Tiger story again? I've mainly taken a break for reasons evident. I'm at my grandparents house. But are you interested still? It does take an interesting turn. The Kremlings catch on. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » April 22nd, 2023, 12:05 pm

I'll read anything you write, Tanager, because you and your stories are great. To prove it, I'll write something different myself now.

Fresh Faces
Spoiler!
All was quiet on DK Island one late afternoon as the sun had just begun to set. It still had a long way to go, however, since the sky wasn't orange yet, but in a few hours, night would fall. This was when two furry foxes emerged from a strange portal in a remote area of the jungle.

"Blast it, Pip!" the fashionable female exclaimed. "Where in the world did you send us now? This sure doesn't look like the Realm's DJ hall."
"Don't blame me, Pepper!" the intelligent and scientific man retorted. "I'm not the one who blared her music in the middle of her partner's important science experiment!"
"Oh, come onnnnn! You know I gotta practice for the big show coming up, and all the work you do isn't what I'm about anyway. I rarely even fight, as fun as it is sometimes!"
"Hmph. Well, be that as it may, we need to find out where we are first."

Pip examined the area with its many trees and bananas. "This jungle doesn't look like Primal Court," he observed, "So I don't think we're anywhere close to home."
Pepper's eyes widened with excitement upon hearing this. "Ooooooh! A new place to explore, eh? Fantastic! Well, let's go then and see what we find!"

And so, the two foxes set out in this unfamiliar land they found themselves in, unsure of what they would encounter, but confident that they would return home safely.

The End.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » April 22nd, 2023, 1:29 pm

Are these characters your own creation? Whatever it is, I’m interested to hear more! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » April 23rd, 2023, 8:46 am

I didn't create Pepper and Pip, but I'm glad you liked the story, and I hope it helps you write your Tiny on Timber Island tale. My idea of the two foxes finding themselves on DK Island probably won't last long either, since it already seems like a hefty responsibility, but I'll try to think of something. Here's another part right now that will be silly as well:

Furry Foxes
Spoiler!
While walking through DK Island, Pip and Pepper soon found themselves in a forest full of friendly foxes somewhat similar to them. Immediately, the group mobilized and cuddled their distant cousins close with soothing softness, before inviting the duo to their home. While the scientific one pondered the offer, his stylish female companion joyfully joined them.

It was there in the fox den that the two of them met the family's parents, who were very kind and powerful. After Pepper and Pip explained their situation, the king and queen who weren't really royalty told them to visit the Kongs, who owned the island and could best help them. The pair of parents showed the duo a shortcut there through the cave, and all four of them then bid each other farewell.

After a few minutes, Pip and Pepper came upon a large room with a giant fox in it, who instantly noticed and greeted the new visitors. While the boy was initially hesitant to trust such a powerful creature, the girl quickly embraced it with incredible sisterliness, causing their large cousin to laugh loudly and embrace them both back. Then, using a trick similar to K. Lumsy, the huge fox cleared the way and allowed its new friends to continue their mission.

The End.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » April 23rd, 2023, 5:43 pm

The question is, is the fox krystal? or randorn? dp foxes are human size. Anyway, great job! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » April 24th, 2023, 11:49 am

If you're referring to the giant fox, then they're not Krystal or Randorn, although those two could be the fox parents if that makes sense to cast them as such. I was originally going to write something much sillier, but that didn't happen. Regardless, I'm glad you like the stories, and now I'll write another one. The title will not be an alliteration this time, and I'll try to add some sense into it:

The Meeting
Spoiler!
Chunky was the first to find the new foxes as they walked into the Kongs' main area, for he was already admiring the scenery and practicing his painting. When Pip and Pepper approached, he appreciated their interesting outfits before hearing their story and pointing them towards DK. Since he was the leader of the bunch, he would be the best to decide.

Donkey nodded in deep understanding of the foxes' plight and guided them towards Cranky, as he was no doubt keenly knowledgeable in this field. The old ape immediately insulted Pepper's fashion sense and almost caused a fight, but he soon cackled and began bonding with Pip over their shared scientific interests. While Cranky consulted his notes and waved the trio away, DK shook his head and introduced both visitors to the rest of his family.

Wrinkly was much nicer than her husband and instantly became the foxes' new grandma, and Funky really dug their cool outfits and shades, which caused Pepper to instantly begin busting sick moves with him, much to Pip's embarrassment. When they met Candy, the duo took a great interest in her musical instuments, before laughing as her and DK spoke as lovers. Lastly, before Pip and Pepper met with anyone else, they found Kiddy, who was amazed at the furry foxes he was seeing and quickly rolled right into them.

The End.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Super Luigi! » April 25th, 2023, 1:59 pm

It's that time again where I write another silly story that contains no conflict, yet possesses much affection. If you want a better tale full of suspense and an incredible plot, wait until Tanager writes something. For now, here's another goofy idea from me:

Close Companions
Spoiler!
After watching Lanky's magic show and avoiding Swanky's bonus bonanza, Pip and Pepper soon met Diddy and Dixie. Instantly, the two pairs felt connected somehow, as if they were the same people from vastly different lands. The four friends then set out on a walk together to gain more information, and Tiny also joined, because she was always around her sister and her boyfriend.

The group's first stop was a great trove of bananas, for food typically worked well to build bonds and extract energy. Both foxes had never seen such amount of potassium before, and they gratefully ate plenty alongside the Kong trio. All five furry people then laughed merrily and discussed their lives while focusing only on food and friendship.

Now it was time to visit the local flower field, one of the island's many beautiful and relaxing environments. Pepper, displaying her usual goofy and joyful behavior, immediately embraced all of the flowers and quickly fell asleep, leaving Pip to facepalm once more and the Kongs to giggle greatly. The scientific fox then thanked and shook hands with the sibling trio for their invaluable support, before returning to his fashionable female counterpart and cuddling her close.

The End.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » April 25th, 2023, 2:28 pm

Thanks, Super Luigi. I'll have the next chapter out very soon. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » April 26th, 2023, 1:38 pm

Take your time, Tanager, which is what I will do as well. We'll figure out what to write soon enough.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » April 26th, 2023, 2:20 pm

Good advice as always. im usually inclined to do things as fast as possible. Sometimes that leaves my writing quality being shoddy. i probably will rewrite it when im older, and more skilled. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » April 28th, 2023, 2:08 pm

Alright, here goes nothing. This next story will not be serious or canon at all, but I hope it helps anyway.

Soothing Story
Spoiler!
Cranky and Pip continued to combine their scientific knowledge to create a portal off of DK Island. Since they were both incredibly intelligent, the two of them quickly figured out what to do. With their plan in place for now, Pepper then convinced her male counterpart to join her exploration while the old ape laughed silently.

After walking for awhile, Pepper and Pip soon found themselves in Gorilla Glacier, which would normally be dangerous, but they didn't take the path that DK and Diddy had all those years ago. Suddenly, several small bunnies appeared from the snow and swarmed the duo with fantastic fluffiness, much to their cozy comfort. Both foxes then joined them back to their home.

Inside the crystal cave were the rabbits' older siblings, who were even more affectionate and cuddly. As usual, Pip thanked them all sincerely for being so kind, while Pepper combined her own sisterly softness with theirs to create a soothing explosion. No matter where the furry foxes went, they seemed to make new friends that would support them forever.

The End.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » April 28th, 2023, 5:03 pm

How did they make an einstein-rosen bridge?! Either way, well done! Are you going to create some bunny characters? :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » April 29th, 2023, 12:28 pm

I'm not sure about what bridge you're referring to, but I could introduce some named rabbits. Since I just wrote a story about them, however, I'll save that for another time. For now, here's another tale that has somebody else in it:

The Ghost of Kremkrok...?
Spoiler!
Pip and Pepper continued their journey around DK Island by visiting Kremkroc Industries next. The factories here were long abandoned after the Kremling invasion, and yet the oil still burned brightly. Immediately, the foxes remembered an old ghost story from their youth.

First, the lights would flicker on and off, which happened at Blackout Basement. Next, the phone would ring, but there would be nobody there, just like at Trik Trak Trek. Lastly, the walls would ooze green slime, and Poison Pond was completely green, so both foxes knew something was about to happen.

In the end, there was no ghost, but the duo did find a shy snake woman named Pomely, who told them that she had lost sight of her fellow snake lady and close friend Tuki. Upon hearing this news, Pepper instantly leapt into Pomely's arms and cuddled her close while promising to help her, much to her surprise. Pip then agreed while patting her shoulder, and the shy snake lady smiled slightly.

The End.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » April 29th, 2023, 2:27 pm

The Einstein-Rosen Bridge is a theoretical concept to build for time travel. Quantum mechanics and every rule as we know it does not permit the creation of all of the required facets to do it. It has been proved as the only way to actually do it. But we would need someone to have a receiver on the other end. Hence the use of the word bridge. Technically, you could call it a wormhole, but it is much different. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » April 30th, 2023, 7:31 am

I see, although I'm not sure if that's what Cranky and Pip will do. For now, here's what happens next:

Spooky Search
Spoiler!
Pepper, Pip, and Pomely now moved towards Chimp Caverns, which was even spookier than Kremkroc. Tuki was somewhere here and would most likely be hiding in some sort of barrel. Obviously, Misty Mine was the best choice.

Upon entering the spooky place of smoke, both foxes drew their weapons while their snake lady friend wrapped herself around them. Nobody would show themselves, which only made the trip more terrifying, and even the Dumb Drums were empty. That was when the trio noticed an unusual purple pot and knocked three times.

In an instant, someone who was more snake than lady popped out and greeted the team. Pomely then immediately leapt into her best friend's arms and cuddled her close with incredibly cheerful sisterliness. Tuki cooed as she embraced back, before bringing in Pip and Pepper as well, who were used to such affection by now.

The End.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » April 30th, 2023, 3:22 pm

good job! which reminds me, i need to scan scribes to fulfill an assignment from matt. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » May 6th, 2023, 11:59 am

The time has come to end this tale. It was definitely a good run, and this seems like a good time to move on. As always, I hope this helps.

Fond Farewell
Spoiler!
After working with Cranky to create a portal back home, Pip and Pepper could finally return. They had made many friends, but in the end, both foxes would need to go back eventually. That time, however, was not quite yet, as the duo wanted one more tour of the island.

The Kongs decided to throw a party with many bananas for their new friends, and it was a great time. All of the forest foxes arrived, including the giant one, and so did Pomely and Tuki, the beautiful snake ladies. Even the Banana Fairy Queen and her children arrived to bless the gathering, which made it even more special.

As the party came to a close, Pepper and Pip knew it was time to go. Promising to return soon, they bid farewell to their family of friends before turning to face the portal that would take them back. Both foxes then gazed deep into each other's eyes as they held hands and headed home.

The End.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » May 6th, 2023, 1:49 pm

a well done finale! i accidentally deleted my mario draft, so expect delays. good luck with your future writing ideas. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » May 7th, 2023, 6:08 am

Thanks, Tanager. I'll keep thinking about what to write next, and I hope you recover your Mario draft one way or another. No matter what, our stories will help.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » May 7th, 2023, 12:50 pm

Thanks! Hopefully i can get pretty close! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » May 7th, 2023, 9:57 pm

Mario's Mystery
PART 1:
Spoiler!
DK was on the phone with Mario.
“So, how are you doing?” asked DK.
“Fine! How about you?” asked Mario.
“Great!” said DK.
“Do you want to come over and eat some bananas?” asked DK.
“Eh. Do you have something else?” asked Mario.
“We have mushrooms. But you’d have to go into the jungle to get them,” said DK.
"That sounds good," Mario said.
"Good to hear, then!" said DK.
“Is Cranky going to show up?” asked Mario with a shiver.
“I’ve made sure he’ll be occupied for at least a week!” said DK.
“What do you mean?” asked Mario.
“I stole his telescope and hid it in the banana hoard cave! I told him I saw a Kritter making off with it!” said DK, “Diddy! Do you mind if you go out into the jungle and collect some mushrooms for Mario?”
“Sure thing, big buddy!” said Diddy.
“Who’s that?” asked Mario.
“Who? My best friend Diddy?” asked DK, “Funky raised him. He was very young last time you came.”
“And how’s Funky?” asked Mario, “Still your crazy brother?”
“He started an airport recently!” said DK.
“Interesting! I’ll be here late tonight, but I’ll be there,” said Mario.
“Wait, Mario. Come to think of it, there’s a nasty storm brewing outside,” said DK, “You probably want to come tomorrow.”
“So, I’ll come tomorrow?” asked Mario.
“If the storm has cleared, I’ll have Funky send you a plane,” said DK.
“Sounds good!” said Mario.
“Bye!”
“Bye!”
DK hung up the phone. He went out to the balcony to watch the glorious sunset. The previous days of this week he’d been to busy collecting bananas to further enlarge his stash. Now he was fully intent on savoring this beautiful sunset of crimson, orange, yellow and tints of bluish-gray to its fullest. He continued to watch it until it had sunk far below the horizon, leaving a deep shade of blue-gray. By that point, Diddy had arrived with a full sack of mushrooms weighing as half as much as Diddy did. He was struggling to lug it up the steps. But once he had gotten them up the steps, he brushed his arm along his forehead and said, “I got a bunch! What do you think, big buddy?”
“Looks good! Mario will sure be happy!” said DK, “You know what Diddy, I have an idea.”
“What is it, DK?” asked Diddy.
“As a part of your videogame hero training, it’s to be your job tonight to guard the banana hoard from the kremlings! They may seem nice, but I’m sure they have no compunctions about stealing some of the bananas,” said DK.
“Sure thing, DK!” Diddy said.
“I’ll relieve you at midnight, Diddy,” said DK.
“Got it!” said Diddy.
“Diddy hopped down from the balcony and headed in to the cave below the treehouse. And there it was, the hoard of golden bananas piled one hundred feet high. Diddy stopped and gazed at wonder for a moment. He was very excited. But he then quickly regained his composure and reminded himself of the important task. This was the first time DK had ever entrusted him to guard it himself. He couldn’t mess this up. Once inside the cave, Diddy could tell that the air was moist and cool. He started heading down the many flights of stairs engraved into the bedrock. Every now and then, a torch would appear attached to the wall illuminating that section of the cave. He headed down flight of stairs after flight of stairs until he reached near the bottom of the steps. The steps were mostly polished bedrock, but lichen and moss were growing along the walls and on the steps providing some degree of traction on the slippery rock often covered by water. Even now, with the last rainstorm being two weeks ago, the water table was still leaking and dripping water into the cave. Cranky had invented a sump pump for draining the water from the cave and that kept much of the rough floor dry. Additionally, the sides of the cave were carved downwards, preventing the yellow fruit from being soaked. Diddy grabbed one of the lamps from the side of the walls and leaped down the remainder of the steps. Then he ran over to the pile of fruit and laid down against it. He put down the bag of mushrooms onto his right side and he decided to put one in his mouth.
“Meh,” Diddy said, “Rather earthy. I don’t really see what Mario sees in them.”
Diddy put down the kerosene lamp on his left and pulled one of the smaller varieties of the enormous bananas and peeled the banana and took a large bite.
“Much better!” said Diddy, “I’ll show DK that I can defend his bananas!”
Lightning began to crack outside, and the characteristic sounds of rainfall began to appear.
“The storm is here,” said Diddy to no one in particular.
The hours passed, and the storm got progressively worse and worse.
“It has to be past midnight by now,” said Diddy.
Indeed, it was.
“Oh, man! How did I get myself into this?” said Diddy.
Diddy noticed a cricket at this point, who Diddy decided chirped in reply.
“You have to guard the banana hoard tonight, DK says,” said Diddy.
Another chirp.
“It’s an important step in my hero training,” said Diddy, “I mean, sure. If it helps me become a better person and allows me to get more respect. Then I’m all for it. But surely there has to be a better way than standing out in the rain. And while everyone else is at home, warm and cozy in their beds.”
A very loud chirp emanated from the cricket.
“Aaaaaand now I’m talking to myself,” said Diddy.
A quiet chirp.
“That’s just great, Diddy, totally not crazy at all,” said Diddy.
Another chirp.
“The cricket is not seriously talking to me. Otherwise, I am going insane,” said Diddy.
A cacophony of chirps erupted from the cricket.
“I am going insane,” said Diddy.
The cricket ran away.
“Where are you going, Cricket?” asked Diddy.
He heard a noise.
“It’s ok, just the storm,” said Diddy reassuring himself.
Then he saw shadows of kremlings on the walls.
“Aah!” said Diddy, startled.
He looked around him. More kremling shadows. And now Kritters stampeding down the stairs.
“I can handle these bogeys,” said Diddy.
Diddy rolled through the lot, leaving them stunned. Then several bats flew in his face and five krushas came barreling down the steps. As well as several other kremlings of miscellaneous breeds.
“It’s the small one,” said Krusha.
“Donkey Kong’s bananas are ours!” said Army.
Diddy attempted to take out Krusha, only to be rebuffed by his puny efforts and Krusha simply laughed at him.
“Donkey Kong’s bananas are OURS!” said Krusha emphatically.
“What do we do with these mushrooms?” asked a stunned Kritter picking up the sack.
“Easy. Just discard them! Just leave them here!” said Krusha.
“King K.rool will sure be pleased,” said Gnawty.
“Krushas! You know the drill! I want these hauled out within three hours!”
“Three hours?!” the dozen or so krushas chorused.
“You heard me!” said Krusha.
Kritter picked up one of the mushrooms and ate it.
“That’s good flavor,” said Kritter, “I’ll bring these along with me. Who cares if I drop some.
“Oh, and seal the little guy up in a barrel. He can’t give any of us any trouble that way,” said Krusha.
“What?” said Diddy sitting up.
Diddy had been knocked out by the Krusha and he had only just regained consciousness. But he was still a little groggy.
“Seal who up in a barrel?” asked Diddy, “Why does my head hurt?”
“We’re sealing YOU up in a barrel!” said Army mischievously.
TO BE CONTINUED:

I'm calling this close enough. Not entirely accurate, but it's ok. I hope my interpetation is good.
:parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » May 8th, 2023, 6:12 am

I like it at least, although that may not mean much, since I seem to like everything you write. Now I shall try to write a silly story of my own.

Sad Snake
Spoiler!
With Pip and Pepper gone, DK Island returned to its normal noise level, which wasn't much quieter. Between the two snake sisters, Tuki took the foxes' parting well, while Pomely seemed a bit sad. Some of her friends noticed this, however, so they decided to cheer her up.

Diddy, Dixie, and Tiny all took turns cuddling Pomely close with incredible sibling affection and slowly drifted off from how cozy she was. This caused the shy snake to smile slightly, and she didn't care that they were likely pretending. To her, having true friends who cared was all that mattered.

Then, it was Tuki's turn, and the incredibly beautiful and strong snake lady gave her sister all the love she could imagine, before playfully passing out as well. At this point, Pomely giggled greatly at how silly her family was, so she certainly wasn't sad anymore. All five best friends then watched as Rattly performed many tricks through the trees.

The End.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » May 8th, 2023, 6:53 am

I think it goes for me as well. Since I like pretty much everything you write. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » May 23rd, 2023, 1:41 pm

After much deliberation, I finally wrote another story that could explain where the foxes from my previous tales originated from. I know these writings likely aren't the most exciting, but I hope they help regardless.

Forest Friends
Spoiler!
Deep inside a den on DK Island lived many friendly foxes. Diddy had first discovered them while exploring his favorite caves, and they immediately cuddled him close with soothing softness until he couldn't contain his catchphrase. After becoming their new best friend, the cool chimp then promised to return with two of his own two closest buddies.

Once the three Kongs arrived, the family of foxes quickly sprang into action. They were amazed by Dixie's ponytail, and she giggled greatly as many members brushed it like a giant banana. As for Tiny, she pretended to fight the furry foxes with true absurdity, which they found very funny and returned the favor.

This was the meeting that cemented the friendship between the Kongs and foxes, and both parties would become valuable allies to each other. Diddy, Dixie, and Tiny would naturally continue to visit hundreds of times each year to play with the entire furry family, which only excited them more. Sometimes, the trio even spent the night, and those sleepovers were always full of food and friendship.

The End.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » May 23rd, 2023, 5:01 pm

Good job as always. Maybe Diddy's so-called catchphrase isn't quite fitting. Maybe something else. I'll have to ask him. :scratch: :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » May 23rd, 2023, 8:29 pm

The Kremlings Revenge
Chapter 21 The Hive of King Morzeka
Spoiler!
“What do you mean that the Kremkoin has suffered 8,000% inflation in the last week?!” boomed K.rool.
“What I mean, sir,” said a Bristles with a quavering voice, “Is that the inflation is beyond what our mints kombined are even kapable of producing.”
“How is 8,000% even possible?!” K.rool said, clearly furious.
“Don’t be angry at him,” said Rekoil.
“Why didn’t you two fools tell me earlier?” asked K.rool.
“We weren’t sure was exaktly was going on. We wanted to see what was going on before we worried you. From Friday to Monday, it klimbed from 20% to 8,000%,” said Rekoil.
“You two are my treasurers and mint managers!” said K.rool, “How kould you let this happen!”
“We were afraid you’d fire us!” said Bristles.
“I might have, but I need you two to fix your mess that you’ve kreated now!” said K.rool.
“How did we kreate it?” asked Rekoil.
“I don’t know, but you’re the only ones that kould possibly be responsible for this!” K.rool said.
“Our suspikions link it to the kongs or someone else inside the Kremling Empire,” said Rekoil.
“The kongs don’t know how to make kremkoins. And even if they did, how would they distribute it?” asked K.rool.
“Which leaves,” said Bristles.
K.rool started dialing his telephone.
“Why isn’t the phone working?” asked K.rool, “I need to kall Kunning to resolve this matter!”
“Sir, it’s not plugged in,” said Rekoil holding up the end of the cord.
“Plug it in then!” K.rool yelled.
“Right away, Kaptain,” said Rekoil.
After a bit, K.rool heard the dial tone buzz. Then he started dialing frantically. And then the phone started to ring. On the other end, Kunning’s telephone began to ring as well in his workshop. The room was about fifteen feet high, ten feet wide, and twelve feet long. Inside were a set of scaffolds, a workstation neatly organized and full of tools, and a telephone precariously perched on a stand with a marble top much too small for it. Kunning used his telekinesis device to pull the receiver towards him onto the scaffolding. As the receiver and cord stretched, the marble stand started wobbling, but he grabbed it once it was within reach. And the wobbling stopped without knocking the pedestal over.
“Kunning here,” said Kunning.
“Kunning! The kremkoin has devalued by 8,000%!” said K.rool.
“What?”
“How kan you be so kalm at a time like this?!” said K.rool.
“Let me try that again. What?!” said Kunning.
“K.rool, should we sound the alarm?” asked Rekoil.
K.rool covered the mouthpiece with his hand and said, “No, keep it a sekret. We don’t want to make whoever did this know that we know.”
“K.rool, I can still hear you,” said Kunning.
K.rool whipped around to see that he wasn’t actually covering the mouthpiece, he was covering the earpiece of the telephone.
“How did you know I was attempting to kover it?” asked K.rool.
“You were whispering,” said Kunning, “That, and I assumed.”
“Do you have any solutions?” asked K.rool.
“Deflation is bad. But my opinion would be to stop the inflation. But of course, 8,000% inflation perhaps should be deflated,” said Kunning.
“You just advised me to go both ways,” said K.rool.
“I did?” asked Kunning laughing, “Do you have a better idea?”
“I kan’t go both ways,” said K.rool.
“Well, you have to pick,” said Kunning.
“What’s that noise behind you?” asked K.rool.
“The factories are running behind me. But I’m actively working on KAOS,” said Kunning.
He summoned up a pair of needle nose pilers.
“Kunning! How’s it going with KAOS?” asked Klank.
“Fine,” said Kunning, “I’m on the phone. Is it critical?”
“You know, you should actually kreate a phone without a kord,” said Klank, “Also, that pedestal going to fall over.”
“Is that all?” asked Kunning.
“No, aktually, one of the konveyor belts producing kremkoins…”
Kunning quickly covered the mouthpiece of the phone.
“I’m on the phone with K.rool discussing the issue of inflation. If you don’t mind, please make it quick,” Kunning said.
“Ok, well, it’s broken. Are we still go for go with our target number?” asked Klank.
“10,000%? Yes. That should completely debilitate and cripple the war machine,” said Kunning.
“I better be going,” said Klank.
Kunning uncovered the mouthpiece.
“Kunning, are you alive?” K.rool asked.
“I’m here,” said Kunning.
“Where were you?” asked K.rool.
The signal seemed to cut off,” said Kunning.
“Well, it didn’t on my end!” said K.rool.
“It’s been acting up lately. I’ll have to troubleshoot it later,” said Kunning.

“Kunning. I need advice,” said K.rool.
“On what?” asked Kunning.
“What is the motive?” asked K.rool.
“The things that come to my mind immediately are, perhaps someone is trying to stop the war by bankrupting you. Bankrupting the kremling empire could be another plausible explanation. Or, perhaps a kremling is trying to become a quadrillionaire and by doing so is causing inflation. In my opinion, either someone has a secret factory, or it’s coming from one of the main two,” said Kunning, “Kremkroc and Mekanos. As nothing is happening here, Mekanos would be the most likely solution.”
“I’m having a team of gnawties set up a room for kompiling evidence. They’re kurrently konverting it to a war room,” said K.rool.
“Are they done yet?” asked Kunning.
“No, but they should be done any minute. Their estimation was about ten minutes,” said K.rool.
“That quick?” said Kunning.
“I was surprised too,” said K.rool.
“Did any klaptraps follow them?” asked Kunning.
“Not that I know of,” said K.rool.
“Were any of them holding Klaptrap Guns?” asked Kunning.
“Upon sekond thought, they were,” said K.rool.
“That’s bad,” said Kunning.
“Agreed,” said K.rool, “Bristles and Rekoil, please go check out the war room.”
“Sure thing, Kaptain!” said Rekoil jauntily.
“What do you think happened?” asked K.rool.
“You’ll have to find out,” said Kunning.
“Kunning, I want you to join me here to investigate this matter. I have had it renamed the investigation room,” said K.rool.
“I’m busy,” said Kunning.
“Really?” asked K.rool, “What exaktly are you busy with?”
“KAOS, managing Kremkroc, managing the Kumulonimbus’s affairs, creating the krockoin,” said Kunning.
“The what?” asked K.rool.
“The krockoin! I’ve come up with a way to temporarily stall the destruction of Kremkroc!” said Kunning.
“It’s an order for you to kome over here, Kunning! You’re the only one that either I trust, or has the brains to do it,” said K.rool.
“I’m really busy!” said Kunning.
“Kome and help me, otherwise you’re…”
“Fired?” offered Kunning.
“In serious trouble,” said K.rool.
“I’m pretty certain that you were going to fire me,” said Kunning.
“I was not!” said K.rool.
“K.rool, there’s no need to get defensive,” said Kunning, “Aren’t you the one in charge? You get to make the orders. It doesn’t matter what I think!”
“You’re right, Kunning, as always. It doesn’t matter!” said K.rool.
“If it mattered what I think, I’d be higher ranked than I am!” said Kunning.
“You krack me up!” said K.rool chuckling, “Do you have anyone you kould aktually send that’s not busy?”
“Give me a second to think about it,” said Kunning.
“What’s your plan with the krockoin?” asked K.rool.
“Pay my workers with that. I doubt that the kremkoin will be able to be fixed anytime soon. Therefore, my workers will have no choice but to switch to the krockoin. The mayor of Hermit Crab Cove is also going to switch to the krockoin,” said Kunning.
“How did you konvince him?” asked K.rool.
“My influence with having the Kumulonimbus on his doorstep may have played a role in his decision,” said Kunning.
“Why do you need Hermit Krab Kove?” asked K.rool.
“There’re some potential exports that could prove invaluable in the coming crisis. Not that we aren’t already in one,” said Kunning.
“You don’t sound very optimistik,” said K.rool.
“In the case of trying to bankrupt the Kremling Empire, or the case of crippling the war machine, you’d need to find the source to stop the production. A similar case resides in the case of someone making themselves rich. With the growing inflation, the kremling will try to keep ahead of the inflation by creating more,” said Kunning.
“It has to be someone at Mekanos,” said K.rool, “Kunning, who is the leader there?”
“I’d rather not say. As the kremling in charge would lose their job,” said Kunning, “But who’s that in the background?”
“Hip hup! Left, right, left, right, left right! Halt!”
“General Klump, what are you doing here?” asked K.rool, “And why do those Kritters sound like they are frostbitten! They are chattering extremely loudly!”
“King Krool, sir!!” said General Klump, “I kan explain!”
“Well, explain quickly, before I toss you out of this building! You said you’d kome back with the heads of a hundred kongs!” said K.rool.
“About that, King Krool,” said General Klump, “We didn’t make it to the Kongo Jungle,”
“Why not!” said K.rool.
“Well, we have an army of terrakotta, well, skratch that, ice skulpture kremlings,” said General Klump.
“You what!!!!!!!!!!” said K.rool, “I gave you an army of three thousand kremlings and they are all frozen to death?!”
“We’ll have to wait until the winter thaws. Then we kan get those soldiers back into aktion!” said General Klump, “Things are looking bright, King Krool!”
“Don’t you get it, you nitwit? They’re dead! I knew it wasn’t a good idea to send them from the Southern Kremispheres to the Misty Mountains!” said K.rool.
“Are you sure that they’re dead?” asked General Klump.
“Of kourse, they’re dead! Now get out of here before I have you fired!” said K.rool.
“And one more thing. Aktually, two more things. The army heading through the Vine Valley got lost. Too many trees, you, see? Somehow, they ended up in Zany Zingerland,” said General Klump.
“What’s next? The fleet of ships supposed to kidnap the kongs hit a hurrikane?” asked K.rool.
“You’re aktually right, King Krool! Akkording to the one survivor of the ships, a hurrikane seemed to have spawned spontaneously and sunk every single ship in your fleet!” said General Klump.
“My whole navy is destroyed??!!” K.rool said.
“Every single ship you sent on that mission,” said General Klump.
“Get out of here!” said K.rool, “You’re abrogated!”
“Time to get out the diktionary,” said General Klump.
“Have I not made myself klear?!” asked K.rool, “Your title is rescinded! You’ve been degeneralized!”
“What?! King Krool, sir!! The army is my life! Where will I go?”
“That’s not my problem!” said K.rool, “Just don’t go teaming up with the kongs again!”
“Ok, King Krool, let me know when you rekonsider!” said General Klump.
“There won’t be me rekonsidering anything!” said K.rool.
“Ok. Hip Hup! Left, right, left, right, left, right, left, right…”
“Ow,” said Bristles bumping into the four Kritters marching out.
“Status update for you, Kaptain,” said Rekoil walking into the room.
“What happened?” asked K.rool.
“Your war room has been shredded,” said Rekoil.
“What do you mean?” asked K.rool.
“Well, all the furniture has been shredded to pieces, and all the wall art, and all of the other stuff in there. But the investigation room has been set up,” said Rekoil.
“Who did this?!” said K.rool.
“Klaptraps,” Bristles and Rekoil said at the same time.
“Klaptraps?” asked K.rool, “Out of Klaptrap guns?”
“It was probably the gnawties who are responsible for this mess,” said Bristles.
“Is the room aktually a mess?” asked K.rool.
“Ekscept for the wood chips and paper shreds on the floor, it looks fine,” said Bristles.
“I’ll have to live with it. Now you two go and klean up your mess and make sure that nobody bothers me anymore!” said K.rool.
“Will do, Kaptain,” said Rekoil.
“Finally, some peace and quiet, Kunning. Who is your kandidate for the investigation?” asked K.rool.
“Well, Konstrukt is busy, but Skholar isn’t. Skholar is my apprentice. I’ll let him know about it. I’ll let you know what he thinks,” said Kunning.
“Is he going to aktually kome over?” asked K.rool.
“Don’t be aggravated, K.rool. He’s always happy to adopt missions like this,” said Kunning.
“Let’s hope so,” said K.rool, “This is just bad. The kremling race may kollapse at its peak!”
“Who says this is the peak? Perhaps, we are worse off than in the original country game? Or maybe we aren’t even close to the peak yet? Maybe the true glory is just ahead,” said Kunning.
“I don’t know. Tell him to meet me at the mint. And additionally, don’t offend the koins. They might push you off a kliff,” said K.rool.
“Are they Koindozers?” asked Kunning.
“Hybrids of Koindozers and Koins,” said K.rool.
“Weren’t they hybrids already?” asked Kunning.
“I don’t exaktly know,” said K.rool.
“Are they Koins or Koindozers? Because Koindozers are technically hybrids of Koins and Dozers. Dozers don’t have the shield. And they fall asleep on the job frequently,” said Kunning.
“I have no idea, Kunning. Go ask them,” said K.rool.
“Remember, I’m busy,” said Kunning.
“Right,” said K.rool suspiciously, “How long until KAOS is fixed?”
“I’d say ready for a boss fight by Volcano Valley or Kong Kastle. If the kongs even get that far. I could have it ready for Kremkroc, but you probably want it somewhere else,” said Kunning.
“I have a ferocious Snapjaw ready for import any moment!” said K.rool.
“Considering my defenses, it is physically improbable for them to penetrate the walls of the facility,” said Kunning.
“And just bekause you said that, I will begin importing it immediately!” said K.rool.
“Why?” asked Kunning.
“It’s bekause of Murphy’s Razor,” said K.rool.
“Do you mean Murphy’s Law?” asked Kunning.
“Is that what it’s kalled?” asked K.rool, “Then so be it.”
“Kunning, whoever is responsible for this will die a hundred deaths,” said K.rool.
“Got it,” said Kunning.
“I’m sending some soldiers to Mekanos to inspekt it,” said K.rool, “If anything is slightly off, it’s bad news for whoever is responsible.”
“Bye, K.rool!” said Kunning.
K.rool had already hung up the phone.
“That was rude,” said Kunning.
“Well, sir, you’d expekt he’s in a bad mood!” said Skholar.
“When did you get here?” asked Kunning.
“Just a minute ago. Kopter told me that you were going to be looking for me soon, so I decided to make myself known!” said Skholar.
“You know the drill,” said Kunning.
“Throw suspicion away from yourself, and pin it on the fall guy,” said Skholar, “Have you decided who that is yet?”
“Krusha. He’s greedy for gold. Combined with his zero smarts, he sounds like the guy who would cause the kind of destruction necessary,” said Kunning.
“Which would leave you as the last leader other than K.rool standing,” said Skholar.
“Exactly,” said Kunning.
“Does he think Mr. X and Kleever are dead?” asked Skholar.
“I don’t know yet. I’ve been keeping them updated, but I ordered them to stay underground until it was safe. K.rool might be suspicious on why Mr. X’s army is still banded, though,” said Kunning.
“How is Krusha to make the gold?” asked Skholar.
“In a top-secret underground mint,” said Kunning, “At least that’s what K.rool will be led to think. You know how he jumps to conclusions immediately. Just hinting at it makes it fact.”
“Does K.rool think Mekanos is behind it?” asked Skholar.
“Naturally,” said Kunning, “That is the logical thing to assume.”
“Where does he need me to meet him. I assume he wanted you to kome, and you were “busy”?” asked Skholar.
“Yes, I’m working on KAOS,” said Kunning.
“The other thing,” said Skholar, “Anyways, is he going to check out Mekanos?”
“Yes. You need to send an unarmed drone with napalm fuel and have it lose connectivity and it crashes into Mekanos,” said Kunning, “He wants you to meet up with him at the new bank being constructed outside of K.rool Kaves.”
“You know, there’s quite the city growing outside the kave now.” Skholar said.
“I think it’s wiser to do that,” said Kunning.
“Do you think K.rool will appoint you ko-ruler or something once Krusha is busted?” asked Skholar.
“Doubtful. But who knows what could happen. We still need to enact the reforming of the kremlings. The kongs won’t be happy if the kremlings win. The kremlings need to act more likeable than they do,” said Kunning.
“Agreed,” said Skholar, “Do you think K.rool will arrest Krusha after jumping to konklusions?”
“Maybe. He’s just unpredictable under pressure. I’m going to provide the smoking gun whatever he does,” said Kunning.
“Now about the krockoin,” said Skholar.
“Good! I was meaning to be getting to that,” said Kunning.
“Klank and Konstrukt made an exekutive decision to halt the kremkoin produktion. We hit a projekted 9,000% and they kalled it good. We need all hands on deck to start producing krockoins before we go down with the kremkoin as well,” said Skholar.
“Has the mayor of Hermit Crab Cove and the kremling division commander there both agreed to exporting crops in return for krockoins and some minor inventions?” asked Kunning.
“Skidda just returned this morning. They have agreed,” said Skholar.
“Who again?” asked Kunning.
“The mayor of Hermit Crab Cove and the kremling kommander there,” said Skholar.
“No,” said Kunning, “The other kremling.”
“Skidda?” asked Skholar, “He was one of your scientists at.”
“Oh, Terra Incognita,” Kunning finished.
“Right,” said Skholar.
“Then, we need to start reimbursing kremkoins for krockoins,” said Kunning.
“What is the exchange rate you’ve produced?” asked Skholar.
“My whiteboard in my office has the exact number,” said Kunning.
“I saw it. All it says for the answer is, f(x)=a_0+∑_(n=1)^∞▒(a_n kos⁡〖nπx/L〗+b_n sin⁡〖nπx/L〗 ) . Which makes no sense,” said Skholar.
“Oh, that was something else,” said Kunning.
“What is the aktual answer?” asked Skholar, “Bekause what you wrote is klearly for trigonometry.”
“If I remember correctly, it was in my main office,” said Kunning.
“I checked your main office,” said Skholar.
“Oh! Klank said he was preparing for spring cleaning!” said Kunning.
“Does that inklude whiteboards?” asked Skholar.
“What he means is that he was going to start organizing,” said Kunning.
“I’ll go check again,” said Skholar, “Where would he have put it?”
“In all likelihood,” Kunning said, scratching his head, “In my utility closet.”
“I’ll go look, then,” said Skholar, “Just a moment.”
Skholar headed to Kunning’s office and then he checked his closet. There it was.
“Ay Yi Yi. Kouldn’t Kunning simplify this at all?! This is silly!” said Skholar.
∫_(-∞)^∞▒〖e^(-x^2 ) dx〗=[∫_(-∞)^∞▒〖e^(-x^2 ) dx〗 ∫_(-∞)^∞▒〖e^(-y^2 ) dy〗]^(1\/2)=[∫_0^2π▒∫_0^∞▒〖e^(-r^2 ) rⅆrⅆθ〗]^(1\/2)=[π∫_0^∞▒〖e^(-u) du〗]^(1\/2)=√π
Meanwhile, in Kunning’s workshop.
“Aha! I got it! 3.7885 kremkoins!” said Kunning, “And Skholar should be back any moment.”
A minute later.
“Kunning. Did you solve the problem or make it more komplex? The original was x=y dy/dx/{±(-dx*xy!)}! Your formula turned it to komplete nonsense!” said Skholar, panting.
“Quite the opposite, Skholar. In this case, the √(n^2 ) equals 3.7885 kremkoins! Quite elementary!” said Kunning.
“You’re joking, right?” asked Skholar, “Did you do that all in your head? Is that what you’re saying?”
“No, not entirely, but establishing the square root of N squared was done in my head,” said Kunning, “I’m not boasting or anything like that, Skholar.”
“I suppose this is why you are potentially the smartest kremling who ever lived,” said Skholar.
“Start commencing the delivery of kremkoins. But I have a speech to make. I must announce the creation of the krockoin. Additionally, would you have our drone scientist, Krankshaft send one of his experimental, napalm-powered drones to Mekanos?” asked Kunning.
“Sir, that’s out of range. By five miles,” said Skholar.
“Kritter has made some long-range adjustments. A more efficient usage pattern,” said Kunning, “It should get there.”
“Does this have to do with K.rool inspekting Mekanos?” asked Skholar, “If so, it’s a wise move to bomb Mekanos. Bekause once that happens, the inflation stops, which korrelates with the end of produktion here.”
“We’re not going to bomb it. That’s too conspicuous. The drone will crash into Mekanos. The fuel will blow the complex up,” said Kunning.
“And that will also make K.rool rely on our exports,” said Skholar.
“That’s a good point, Skholar! I didn’t think about that fact,” said Kunning.
“I’ll head out immediately. K.rool doesn’t like waiting,” said Skholar.
“You’re forgetting something,” said Kunning.
“Oh, where does he want me to meet him?” asked Skholar.
“At the mint,” said Kunning, “That, or his investigation room. He wasn’t exactly clear.”
“He has an investigation room?” said Skholar.
“He just converted it to an investigation room,” said Kunning.
“How will I get there?” asked Skholar.
“You know what, Skholar? Take my portable helicopter,” said Kunning.
“Thanks!” said Skholar.

“Kaboing! I just kame up with something!” Krook said.
“What did you kome up with?” asked Kaboing.
“I kame up with two things! For one, why kan’t you return plants?” asked Krook.
“I don’t know,” said Kaboing.
“Likely bekause they kan’t sell any! Therefore, if someone buys one, they kan’t return it,” said Krook.
“You’re a genius!” said Kaboing, “What else?”
“It’s elementary, Watson,” said Krook.
“What did you say?” asked Kaboing.
“I was quoting a book,” said Krook.
“Which one?” asked Kaboing, “Robert Louis Stevenson’s Krem Island? The one with Long John Silver?”
“There’s more books than that,” said Krook.
“The Lord of the Bananas by J. R. R. Tolkong?” asked Kaboing.
“Really? Those are the only two books you know?” asked Krook.
“Those are the only two you’ve read to me,” said Kaboing.
“It’s Sherkrock Holmes!” said Krook.
“Who’s that?” asked Kaboing.
“A book,” said Krook.
“Ok. What’s the rest of the plan?” asked Kaboing.
“In a moment. Bekause kremlings don’t garden, they don’t sell any. The kongs may have owned the supply chain previously, but now that the kremlings have taken over, the kongs don’t kontrol any of the decisions anymore. Which is probably for the better. The kongs aren’t smarter than us kremlings,” said Krook.
“I’m sure they say the same thing about us,” said Kaboing.
“Perhaps,” said Krook, “Anyways, what I was saying that we kremlings don’t plant anything. So, from the standpoint of making money, it makes perfekt sense.”
“But what is your plan?” Kaboing interrupted.
“See this washer?” asked Krook pointing the book out and pointing at the entry.
“Yeah. 10 kremkents,” said Kaboing.
“We have the Kremkroc Kremling Katalogue deliver the washer. Then we sneak the tree in the back
while we request help with fixing our leaky pipe,” said Krook.
“But we don’t have one!” said Kaboing.
“Exaktly! The wonders a few bangs of a hammer kan do,” said Krook.
“Why wouldn’t we kall a plumber, instead?” asked Kaboing.
“Bekause, we wanted to be thrifty kremlings and save some money by fixing it ourselves,” said Krook.
“How do you make it fixable with a washer?” asked Kaboing.
“Uhh,” said Krook, “I have no idea.”
“The delivery person is going to kall us fools,” said Kaboing.
“Just me,” said Krook, “Your job is to load up the truck with the tree.”
“With what?” asked Kaboing.
“Kruncha has a forklift next door!” said Krook.
“Ingenious!” said Kaboing, “But how will I do without him noticing? He’s sure to be back very quickly after fixing the pipe! And how will you explain the noise outside?” asked Kaboing.
“Either by saying it’s the pressure of the pipes in the walls or there’s konstruktion going on outside,” said Krook.
“I like that idea. I say we go down to buy the washer now!” said Kaboing.
“Fine by me,” said Krook.
“We should get going soon, Bazaar’s General Store kloses in fifteen minutes!” said Kaboing.
“I kompletely forgot!” said Krook, “We have to leave!”
“Immediately!” said Kaboing.
Krook jumped out of his chair and tossed his catalogue into the chair behind him. The two of them ran out the door and bounded out to the street. When they had arrived, they were breathless. The street was exceptionally dusty today. Probably due to the uncharacteristic drought that was occurring. But what was noticeably uncharacteristic at this moment was that the line from Bazaar’s Store was stretching two blocks down.
“What’s going on?” asked Kaboing.
“I have no idea,” said Krook, “Maybe Bazaar will know.”
“We should ask him,” said Kaboing
The two of them started to walk up along the line, only to be berated by a barrage of
“Back of the line!”
“Wait your turn!”
“Grr.”
“No kutting through!”
“Hiss.”
And the like. Eventually they made it to Bazaar’s door.
“Bazaar! What’s going on!” asked Kaboing sticking his head through the door.
An annoyed Kritter craned his neck around to glare at Kaboing.
“Prices are hiking up effective as soon as I close!” said Bazaar hurriedly filling out the form for the delivery of apparently, what seemed to be an army of rubber ducks.
“Why?” asked Kaboing.
“Haven’t you two been paying attention to the news?” asked Bazaar.
“Not exaktly,” said Kaboing.
“There’s been 8% inflation in the last week!” said Bazaar.
“That sounds really bad,” said Kaboing.
“A record, actually,” said Bazaar.
“I’m certain they’re underexaggerating. When’s the last time K.rool has told the truth about something like this. Likely the truth is a hundred times that,” said a Bristles from near the front of the line.
“Probably so,” said Bazaar.
“Aren’t you klosing soon?” asked Krook sticking his head in from the other side of the door jamb.
“I’m extending my closing time so that everyone can fulfill their orders,” said Bazaar, “It’s only fair!”
“Klink! Turn on the TV for the updated inflation index!” said someone from the line.
“I was about to suggest that,” said Klink excitedly.
Klink clicked the TV on, and K.rool was giving a speech.
“Listen!” said Klink, “K.rool’s on!”
“Hear Hear!”
“Hear hear!”
“You as well, you hear hears. Maybe you should hear as well?” said Klink.
“It is my fullest expektation for us to rekover from this ekonomik debakle within the koming month. After that, we will have the most resilient kremling ekonomy that we have had in years! I should expekt nothing but that. For we have konquered DK Island. And therefore, kan we expekt some inflation? Yes. It is reasonable to inflate the kremkoin as to inflate our empire. Is one worth the other? Yes! What’s also worth the inflation of kremkoins? The now reported death of Mr. X! I have been able to konfirm that he, the traitorous Mr. X, is dead!” said K.rool.
General applause breaks out.
“I’ve had heard it, and seen footage of his death!” said K.rool.
A general murmur began to sweep the grounds. The reporter on scene put his mikrophone up to K.rool and asked him, “How kan you kill a ghost?”
“Perfektly simple! Render the spirit nonexistent! He got blown up!”
“How did you render enough force to kill him?”
“We had several nuklear bombs situated far beneath the surface. For some unknown reasons they detonated,” said K.rool, “Potentially sabotage by the banana brained baboons.”
“Why does one of the theories of thermodynamiks say that you kan’t destroy energy?”
“I’m not a rocket scientist! Ask Kunning or something!” said K.rool.
“How did you get footage if all of the kameras would’ve been blown up in the blast?”
“A new innovation that Kunning kalls Nowire tekhnology. Able to transmit information with wires,” said K.rool, “I’m a proponent of kalling it wireless, though. It rolls off the tongue much nicer.”
“How did Mr. X die if his energy kan’t get destroyed?”
“Kut, you lunkheads, kut!” said K.rool, “Edit that question out immediately!”
“That’s all from K.rool. It looks like his photographers didn’t kut it, then. And now from a speech from Kunning from a few hours ago that he sent in.” said the news announcer.
“Kremlings of the kremling empire, it is my regret to inform you that the information provided by K.rool is incorrect. The inflation index is in fact eight thousand percent.”
“What?!” said one of the kremlings in the line.
“8,000%?!?!” squeaked a female Bristles.
“Panic!” said Klump.
“He’s a liar,” said Kaboom.
“That is right. Eight thousand percent. For those of you that live and work at Kremkroc, there will be mandated conversion to the krockoin. Using a method to produce coins created by the brilliant scientists of Kremkroc, I have a pre inflation conversion rate at the ready. Hermit Crab Cove is also under this jurisdiction. The mayor and kommander have colluded to allow for the spreading of the krockoin there as well. K.rool has assured me that the kremkoin will be back to sorts in no time. So, the krockoin is just a precautionary measure on my part. The switch to krockoins must be made within 48 hours. Report to your nearest government building to collect krockoins. By K.rool’s orders, krockoins are not legal tender outside of those two areas. This is partially due to the high monetary conversions posed by the krockoin. K.rool has an investigation ongoing about discovering the culprit of this major crisis. I will be back with updat…”
The signal cut out, and there was static. And then the screen lit up with Technical Difficulties. Then there was a short pause in the crowd before a hubbub of chatter broke out.
“What happened?” asked Gnawty.
“There are two possibilities here,” said a Cat-o’-nine-tails, “Either the TV station is having a strike or, Kunning’s speech got censored.”
“But freedom of speech is in the unalienable rights amendment!” said a horrified Klobber.
“Kunning is lying,” said Kaboom.
“It’s unlikely if the latter is true, that there is evidence to unkover the censorship,” said Cat-o’-Nine-Tails.
“Why would Kunning’s speech be censored?” asked Kruncha.
“First of all, it kalled K.rool a liar. Kunning told the truth. K.rool didn’t. I’ll assume that Kunning is going to take reperkussions if it’s true. He kould lose his position at Kremkroc,” said Cat-o’-Nine-Tails.
“Why does Hermit Crab Cove get the krockoin?” asked Klump.
“Probably bekause the Kumulonimbus is right next door. For that reason, the mayor is probably under duress to some degree. Who knows, if he refuses, the Kumulonimbus bombards Hermit Crab Cove. He needs a source of food, and Hermit Crab Cove’s exports were agrikultural under the kongs, and even more dominantly agrikultural now that we have arrived. Assuming this is long-term, an accessible food supply that accepts the kurrency you’re switching to is kritikal,” said Cat-o’-Nine-Tails.
“This sounds pre-orkhestrated. Everyone up top must know the truth,” said Bristles.
“Is that it, food?” asked Kaboom, “Surely, there is some better explanation for that.”
“Well, in order to give a koin value, you need to have power backing it. Especially material value. K.rool isn’t going to accept the krockoin, if he believes the situation will right itself, then the krockoin is a sign of needless rebellion. In fakt, I’d assume he konsiders the kollaboration between Kremkroc and Hermit Crab Cove a separate kountry. In fakt, he might be konsidering it a separate empire and a revolution to be krushed. If he thinks Kunning is behind this, then he will lose his job. But of kourse, K.rool might not be able to bring this about without militant force. Then a state of aktive war will exist between them. And who says that he will gain support to fight against kremlings and the kongs. If anything, you should expekt a heightened warfare against the kongs,” said Cat-o’-Nine-Tails.
“In this case, I’ll have to recalculate my prices,” said Bazaar.
“You don’t have to akkount for inflation,” said Cat-o’-Nine-Tails.
“Why not?” asked Bazaar, “Wait, I have to ship most of my stuff from Kremkroc, and anything else, I can either substitute or source it locally.”
“Bingo!” Cat-o’-Nine-Tails said.
“Which means this won’t really affekt us,” said Krook, matter-of-factly.
“We might get affekted in the short run due to the potential of the 8% inflation impakting us before we switch to the krockoin, though,” said Bazaar.
“On that one, who knows. It really only matters if the supply chains adjust that quickly,” said Cat-o’-nine-tails.
“What if they raise their prices?” asked Gnawty.
“Then we should do the same!” said Bazaar.
“Are you an ekonomister?” asked Kaboing.
“An ekonomist?” asked Cat-o’-nine-tails, “Yes. That used to be my job. But we might inflate the krockoin if we do that.”
“What about some sort of fair- trade agreement. If that’s what those things are kalled,” said Krook.
“That might be a good idea,” said Bazaar.
“Krook, I’ll purchase our washer. You should go back to the house to get our life savings to exchange for krockoins,” said Kaboing.
“You kut through line to buy a washer?!” said an annoyed Kritter, “I hope it’s the machine.”
“Nope. But it’s a very important washer,” said Kaboing.
“Ok, Kaboing, you buy the washer,” said Krook.

“DK!” said Dixie.
“What?” asked DK.
“You look indistinguishable from a kremling!” said Dixie.
“You mean a Krusha with a missing arm and leg and instead replaced by brown fur?” asked DK.
“You could just pretend you have kongitis,” said Dixie.
“You couldn’t find anything better in the kremling costume shop?” asked DK.
“I couldn’t actually go in. I dug through the rubbish bin,” said Dixie, “I couldn’t risk blowing our cover.”
“As kremlings?” asked DK, “I don’t think it would’ve mattered. It’s odd that the hive here isn’t like the hives you described on crocodile isle. There’s yellow tile everywhere! I mean there’s a few honey spills on the ground, but these zingers seem much more advanced.”
“I’d agree,” said Dixie surveying the walls and floor of the hive, “I didn’t think the kremlings had advanced so much in so little time.”
“I’m going to go as myself. No disguises,” said DK, “You know what, we should get going.”
DK pointed towards the swath of unobstructed yellow tiles seemingly making up a road.
“Perhaps. But then wouldn’t we get spotted easily?” asked Dixie.
“Look! There’s nobody around!” said DK.
“You go first, either way,” Dixie said.
“Fine by me,” DK said.
He began to cross the road, but before he had taken a second step across, he was assaulted by an army of zooming zingers coming from both ways. He jumped back, shocked.
“What’s going on?” asked DK.
“Either you set off a trap, or it’s rush hour. It’s just about 5,” said Dixie, “I’d consider the latter more likely.”
The zingers were so intent on zooming to their destinations that they did not notice two kongs hanging out on the side of the road.
“How do they not see us?” asked Dixie.
“I have no idea,” said DK, “But it was a major coincidence that I crossed the road the moment rush hour started.”
DK and Dixie waited for about an hour before the traffic began to die down. Then they crossed the road when it had become as empty as before. There was a sign that said Sticky Situations Honey Division and they crossed the bounds. Inside they saw massive walls filled with honeycombs with a few zingers bobbing in and out into different places and Krushas, Krunchas, and Krumples were hard at the grist powering all of the machines with manual labor.
“What do we do?” asked DK, “In other words, how do we get out of here?”
“There’s always the entrance,” said Dixie, “But I don’t think that’s how we go progress.”
“Let’s go, then!” said DK.

“Sir,” said Koindozer turning away respectfully.
The other Koindozer followed suit.
“Grant entry!” yelled the second Koindozer.
“Got it!” said Kritter from inside the gate, “Who is it?”
“Skholar!” said the first.
“Who’s that?” asked Kritter.
“Kunning sent him!” said the second.
“That’s fine, then!” said Kritter.
Skholar crossed the moat leading into the castle.
“Open the gates, Krusha!” said Kritter.
The gates began to open and Skholar walked in. The Kritter in question was reading a book called The Monkey Book of Science by M. Nuts, which to Skholar, sounded a dubious work. He looked up at Skholar and waved. Skholar waved back. Then he went back to his book and took a sip of his drink that he was drinking. Skholar deduced that it was tea.
“Where’s K.rool?” asked Skholar.
“Somewhere in the Northern Kremispheres, I think,” said Kritter.
“Kritter!” said Krusha from above, “Skholar’s here to see K.rool!”
“Oh! He’s the one we’ve been expekting?” asked Kritter.
“Yes!” said Krusha.
“Ok. He said to tell anyone else that he’s in the Northern Kremispheres,” said Kritter, “He’s in the konference room. Which is three rights and then two lefts and then room 101.”
“Wasn’t it two left and then three rights?” asked Krusha.
“Perhaps,” said Kritter, “Is that what he said?”
“I don’t know. You should try both, though,” said Krusha.
“Will do! Thank you!” said Skholar.
Skholar figured that he should first go for the two left and three rights based on the shape of the building. In fakt, his guess was right.
“Are you Skholar?” asked K.rool.
“Indeed, I am!”
“Good. Then you should know what to make of this information,” K.rool motioned towards the filled wall with various notes, images, and other paraphernalia.
The names at the top consisted of, my treasurers, Kunning; which was crossed out, Krusha, Mr. X; which was also crossed out, Donkey Kong, Cranky Kong, General Klump, Wrinkly Kong, Swanky Kong, and Krash.
“Why is Mr. X krossed out?” asked Skholar.
“Bekause he’s dead,” said K.rool.
“I’m not certain about that,” said Skholar.
“Why not?” asked K.rool, “Kunning said he, well, dematerialized. Or something like that.”
“Well, if that is the kase, then potentially,” said Skholar.
“Why would Swanky Kong be behind this?” asked Skholar.
“Potentially, he wants more money for his game show. Plus, he’s a konvicted felon,” said K.rool.
“You’re true about both things, but what use would he have for Kremkoins?” asked Skholar.
“Ok,” said K.rool, “I have thought about the potential of Donkey Kong, and he seems unlikely for the issue at hand. More likely, is Cranky. But then again, he is not the probable kulprit. I haven’t eliminated Krash for the reason that he may have something to do with this.” K.rool said.
“Krusha is the only one who stands to gain,” said Skholar, “Other than Kunning.”
“Kunning doesn’t have aspirations to usurp me, though,” said K.rool.
“I think so too,” said Skholar.
“But Krusha does,” said K.rool.
“Eliminating the rest should be trivial. Wrinkly Kong has little motivation and no resources to do it. General Klump probably doesn’t have motivation, and probably isn’t kapable of doing it,” said Skholar.
“I never aktually konsidered that it was Scurvy,” said K.rool, “But he doesn’t have any means. And my treasurers are too fool-hardy to be that konniving. Mekanos and Kremkroc are the only two places to mass-produce kremkoins. I wonder what happened to Kritter and Gnawty and investigating Mekanos.”
“I don’t know,” said Skholar, “But then how would I?”
“Exkuse me, I’ll be just a minute,” K.rool said as he started dialing the phone on the table.
“Hello, this is Kritter,” said Kritter, “Who is it?”
“WHO IS IT?” asked K.rool.
“K.rool! I was waiting for you to kall for a status report!” said Kritter.
“You were supposed to kall me,” said K.rool.
“You’re probably right,” said Kritter.
“Go ahead. Give your status report,” said K.rool.
“Well, it appears that Mekanos exploded,” said Kritter.
“What?!”
“Mekanos is a pile of rubble. There’s several kremling scientists looking at it as we speak,” said Kritter.
“What have they found?” asked K.rool, just a note of anger showing up in his voice.
“It appears that some sort of bomb annihilated the facility. From what they kan tell, it appears that the shockwave resonated outwards. The bomb kame from inside. They’re kalling it either korporate espionage, or a lab accident,” said Kritter.
“I’d say that it’s korporate espionage, konsidering the cirkumstances,” said Gnawty.
“It’s sabotage!” said K.rool, “The person responsible for it blew it up to kover their tracks!”
“There have been konfirmed nine survivors out of 322 that were in the faktory at the time of explosion. Five of these have been akkounted for. The other four are missing,” said Kritter.
“A konspiracy?!” said K.rool, “Who are the four unakkounted for?”
“Krunch Kritter, General Krusha, General Klump, and John Taggart,” said Gnawty.
“Krunch! He’s a high-standing kremling! And Krusha and Klump?! They’re obviously behind this! And there’s a human employed at Mekanos?! A human?!” said K.rool.
“By our reports, he was an outside kontraktor to katch the animals that eskaped from the labs,” said Gnawty.
“So, a glorified dog katcher,” said K.rool, “Humans are worse than kongs! I mean, look at Mario and Luigi, for example! Buffoons!”
“His official title was, kryptozoologist and…”
“Dog katcher?” finished K.rool.
“No,” said Gnawty.
“What then?!” said K.rool.
“Half of the page is chomped off. Looks like Krimp teeth. It started with an N,” said Gnawty.
“It’s not important what his title was. Put up wanted posters around the kremling empire diktating a 1 million kremkoin reward,” said K.rool.
“I’ll put out the word,” said Kritter.
“Good,” said K.rool, and he hung up the phone.
“Are you certain that General Klump and General Krusha are behind this? General Klump seems too, well, honorable. If you get my point. If you remember though, when Krusha tried to usurp the crystal coconut from you,” said Skholar.
“Only after he bekame smart, though. He’s not smart at all!” said K.rool.
“He kould be faking it,” said Skholar.
“You’re right! Krusha won’t make a monkey out of me!” said K.rool.
“We shouldn’t jump to konklusions yet. Not until we have proof,” said Skholar.
“Fair enough,” said K.rool.
“If you would like to know, General Klump is here,” said a Krumple walking in the door.
“Where?” asked K.rool, excited at the chance, “I don’t see him.”
“Not here, here. In K.rool Kaves!” said Krumple.
“Isn’t there a krockhunt going on for him?” asked K.rool.
“He headed back to his office, Kaptain. We didn’t know we were supposed to apprehend him,” said Krumple.
“Well, you were! I’ll go to his office immediately!” said K.rool, furious.
“I’ll stay here and survey the evidence then?” offered Skholar.
K.rool slammed the door behind him.
“I suppose that settles things,” said Skholar, “Do you mind if you move that table over there? It’s messing up the walkway.”
“Ok.”

Very soon afterwards, K.rool chatted with General Klump. Or rather yelled.
“Are you behind this?!” said K.rool.
“Of kourse!” said General Klump.
Steam started coming out of K.rool’s ears.
“Of kourse, I’m behind the sekret machine that me brother and me have been building!”
“What machine?!” K.rool yelled.
“The Blast-o-Matik 2.0!” said General Klump, “I got some plans out of one of the filing kabinets in Mekanos!”
“It’ll work great!” said Kaptain Scurvy.
“Except we’re missing some of the blueprints,” said General Klump.
“Snide’s work, klearly,” said Scurvy.
“You’re doing what?” asked K.rool.
“We figured that if we kan’t konquer DK Island, then we kan blow it up!” said General Klump.
“That’s a foolhardy plan,” said K.rool, “And Kunning says that before long, we will have komplete kontrol of DK Island. The kongs have to kome to their senses at some point. And I agree with him.”
“It doesn’t look like it’s going that way,” said Scurvy.
“Only bekause I have fools for generals,” said K.rool.
“And you’re the only sane one?” asked Scurvy.
“I guess you’re fairly kompetent. And Kunning’s a genius. Mr. X was also fairly smart until he betrayed us,” said K.rool, “Klump, you’re a fool.”
“Thank you, sir! Does that mean I’m reinstated? You’re saying my name,” said General Klump.
“If you kan get this to work, Klump, then yes. I’ll have you as a private on probation,” said K.rool.
“Thank you, sir!” said General Klump, “You have no idea how much this means to me! Do I bekome a general again after that?”
“No, I have an idea. But maybe. But I doubt it. If you two don’t mess this up, I will promote you to a Kommodore, Scurvy. And you Klump, to whatever the rank below general is,” K.rool said.
“Colonel, sir,” said Scurvy.
“Doesn’t that make him higher than you?” asked Private Klump.
“Don’t you know that my Kaptain title is honorary?!” K.rool said.
“No,” said Private Klump.
“Also, if you two do it fast enough, I will give you, Klump, a medal of honor. And Scurvy, you’re pardoned for your krimes koncerning piracy,” said K.rool.
“You were aktually going to konvikt for those?” Scurvy asked, laughing.
“I was,” said K.rool.
“When? I’m pretty sure that you’ve konvikted worse krimes yourself,” said Scurvy.
“You’re going to akkuse me of krimes?!” said K.rool.
“Of kourse! If you were going to do the same to me. I mean in a kong kourt, I kould konvikt you to over 40 attempted thefts of the Crystal Coconut,” said Scurvy, “And of kourse, how many kremlings have you had killed? Maybe you kould evoke exekutive privelige for that one, who knows. And the time that you brainwashed Donkey Krock into thinking he was Donkey Rool. D.rool! Kongo Bongo Hero! I kan just see it up in lights!”
K.rool glared at Scurvy before responding, “Donkey Krock! Kongo Bongo Hero! Also, up there in the lights. We live in one krazy town.”
“I’d say we do,” said Scurvy, “But ok, I’ll accept your deal.”
“How long?” asked K.rool.
“Two months,” said General Klump.
“I’ll kome in and help you every now and then if that is the kase,” said K.rool.
“So, a month then?” asked General Klump.
“I don’t know why you’re asking me,” said K.rool, “And how is your math working?”
“I don’t know,” said General Klump.
“I’ll decide if I want to take this kourse. For now, keep building it. I just had an idea, I should look for a supreme kommander of forces. I’ll ask Kunning what qualities a supreme kommander should have. By the way, this is the only smart decision that you have ever made, Klump. Perhaps this goes for you as well, Scurvy,” said K.rool.
“Bye, K.rool!” said Private Klump.
“Later!” said Kaptain Scurvy.
“Kould you still kall me general?” asked Private Klump.
“Of kourse! I’m getting tired of K.rool’s antiks, though. I need to go back to my ship soon,” said Kaptain Scurvy, “I don’t know how you stand it here.”
“I guess I just do,” said General Klump.

I have been writing too much kremling stuff. I need to give the kongs more content. (kongtent perhaps?) I also need to shorten the chapters, at least I think so. 7,688 words is insane. I don't want you to have to start skimming, at least because of me.I'll break it down into smaller. I have plenty of kremling ideas; (I have the whole rest of the book mapped out for them), it's just I need help with more kongtent. Super Luigi, feel free to PM me again with any ideas you may have. It doesn't matter if they're silly. Even those have helped me before. Also, I need to make a bunch of miscellaneous edits to my early chapters. Like sentences. New ideas, etcetera. The only one I remember right now is that Diddy "arrests" DK for armed robbery for stealing Cranky's hunting rifle. In the non-edited, he just confiscated it. The rest are in my notebook (as with everything else. I have three notebooks for my drafting and ideas currently) so I have better ones than that. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » May 24th, 2023, 11:38 am

Understood, Tanager. You certainly write incredible chapters, and I'll think of some more ideas as well.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » May 24th, 2023, 5:58 pm

Thank you, Super Luigi. For some reason I forgot to respond to this one and ask a question. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » May 27th, 2023, 10:40 pm

New chapter being released later today! Also, when I finish it, I'm going to compile the whole thing together and rewrite sections. More descriptive writing is necessary. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » May 28th, 2023, 5:53 am

You're definitely making a masterpiece to me, Tanager. Well done. I'll try to write something else now to help celebrate:

Funny Fighting
Spoiler!
A great battle had begun between several of the Kongs, for they had nothing better to do. Instead of taking to the battle arena, however, the monkeys smashed through jungles, factories, and caves. Naturally, none of this fighting was very serious.

Diddy threw many rapid jabs at DK, who simply stood there smiling before carefully countering with his hand slap. Dixie and Tiny took turns throwing bananas and tickling each other to prove who was more sisterly, and they were not very close to a conclusion. Kiddy and Chunky, meanwhile, mareveled at Lanky's clown show, where he had turned into a water genie.

Inspired by such competition, many other animals on the island began playing around as well. Rambi and Enguarde were too evenly matched, so they instead teamed up against Squawks and Expresso, while Winky was simply there to observe. Somewhere else, two familiar girl snakes cuddled Rattly for being so handsome, but he heroically honked to surprise them, before fighting back with his super move.

The End.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » May 28th, 2023, 9:00 am

Thank you, Super Luigi! I think this latest one was as good as your other ones! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

PreviousNext

Return to DKC Projects/Fanworks