DKC Fanfiction - tell us a story!

Working on your own project related to the Donkey Kong Country series?
This forum is your place to discuss fangames, artwork, stories and so forth which are DKC relevant.

Re: DKC Fanfiction - tell us a story!

Postby spaceman2028 » September 4th, 2014, 6:44 am

Regarding sonosublime's story(at least for the first act)-i can't believe how well you did those references to another game involving monkeys(which i will save the surprise of for you all)

First you had a kruncha tossing these "pseudo-boomerang" swords like a madman Ty the Tasmanian tiger, then you had the ninja monkeys(which i thought were a pretty cool addition at first seeing as they might have been made yourself) and how they serve a unique purpose along with having their own island, which was fairly intriguing and i never had the thought come up in my mind, but then it hit me like a truck carrying oversize over a rickety bridge when you mentioned the sun gods. Oh my goodness, that was a clever one. Pure phreaking bloody gold right there. Adding those to your story has clearly shown what you are trying to do, to make this the most creative crossover i have seen, and i can't wait to see what stuff from the game(referring to the one the elements are brought in[and it is not Donkey Kong Country] by the way) is sent into the story.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby sonosublime » September 5th, 2014, 2:45 pm

Thanks for the kind words, spaceman ;) I'm glad you're enjoying the story so far.

Although the ninja monkeys don't have their own island anymore :?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 228

Postby spaceman2028 » September 16th, 2014, 9:43 am

Quite how everyone copes without it i'll never know. Do you have another part of it in the works?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby sonosublime » September 18th, 2014, 1:54 pm

I've been very inactive on my fanfiction account, having not updated any of my stories since March. It's something I've been meaning to get back into though.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 228

Postby Cranky Kong » December 6th, 2015, 3:12 am

Fan fiction, eh? Okay...

Diddy's Kong Quest Chapter 1

It was a dark and stormy night. The wind howled as the moon glared upon DK Island. The thunder rumbled across the sky. A pirate ship comes to a stop at the island. It was hard to make out, but Donkey Kong knew that laugh. "Har-har-har-har-har!" It was the laugh that had haunted his dreams, for had belonged to none other than King K. Rool. Donkey Kong knew what would happen if K. Rool had returned to DK Island. He didn't want his bananas in the hands of that green, slimy crocodile. He ran to the banana hoard. If I don't protect the bananas, DK thought, the Kongs might starve! He ran out the door as fast as he could, unknowingly waking up Diddy Kong. Diddy Kong didn't understand what was going on, but he followed, anyway. Donkey Kong ran to his banana hoard, but K. Rool had followed. "You're coming with me!" K. Rool yelled as he stuffed DK into a bag. And with that, they both disappeared into the night.

I hope you guys like it. It's not bad, huh? I'm trying to go for the ultimate adaptation of my favorite game of all time.
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Postby Cranky Kong » December 6th, 2015, 3:45 am

Diddy's Kong Quest: Chapter 2

As Diddy boarded the ship, he wondered, how did I even get here? He remembered the night before, and the terror he felt there. He remembered a meeting of all the Kongs. But this was his decision, and his alone. He remembered the ship that DK and King K. Rool fought. But this was nothing like that ship. He found a barrel and hid in it as some mice passed by. Walking around in the barrel, Diddy saw two Kremlings loading some crates on board. And after that, they left. Then, to his surprise, he heard screaming from one of the barrels. Oh no, thought Diddy. There's someone in there!, but approaching it, he started to have second thoughts. What if it's a Kremling?, but to Diddy, the screams sounded nice. Welcoming, even. He broke open the barrel and planned to run away, but what he saw stopped him in his tracks. It was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. She wiped a tear and looked at Diddy. "Hey," she said. "Thanks for the help." "Um, yeah. Okay," Diddy replied, hesitantly. All Diddy could do was stare. He looked into her golden blonde hair, her adorable pink clothing, and finally, her beautiful blue eyes. "What are you doing on here?" She asked. Diddy replied, "I'm looking for a friend." "Ah. Well, since you saved me, maybe I can help you find your friend," this new Kong added. "Hey," Diddy asked. "What's your name?" The girl replied, "My name is Dixie Kong."

I hope you guys are enjoying! Oh by the way, I haven't played much DKC2, so bear with me.
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Postby Cranky Kong » December 8th, 2015, 9:07 am

The Treasure Chest Quest, Chapter 1: The Visit, The Nap, and the Ancient Map!

Spoiler!
"Is she still alive?" A voice boomed.
"Yes sir. She is alive and well." Said the other voice.
"No! You buffoon! She must be dead!"
"N-no, sir."
Suddenly, a new voice entered the room. It was so calm it was terrifying,
"Where is she?"
"W-we don't know," the two voices said in unison.
The voice sent a shiver down their spine,
"Find her. The plan can only commence when she dies."
Yet another voice entered the room.
"Have patience. Her time will come. The prophecy will be fulfilled."
The four voices didn't know what lied ahead, but they did know one thing.
For every drop of blood spilt in this room;
This world will be lead to it's impending doom;
This world will be submerged in the fires of hell;
Until the coin is dropped into the well;
They all obeyed this prophecy. They must fulfill it.
The silence was broken by laughter.

It was a nice summer day with a cool, fresh breeze. Now that Dixie Kong and Kiddy Kong had saved Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong, they could relax and play. Donkey Kong, Diddy, and Dixie were playing with a coconut as if it were a ball, but Kiddy was... Pulling on his socks. Not very exciting... But he's having fun. And that's all that matters. After a while, they started to relax and have some lunch. Dixie was telling Diddy and Donkey about their adventures. About how cool it was to ride Funky Kong's motor boat, and how scary it was to fight KAOS. Donkey Kong argued that his adventure was better. "Oh, wait!" Dixie said with a surprising amount of energy. "There's just one last thing I want to show you guys!" And with that, she took of. She came back down with a picture of an elderly Kong sitting in a chair asleep. "This is Wrinkly Kong," she told them. "She helped Kiddy and I a lot. I was wondering if you guys wanted to pay her a visit." Diddy and Donkey exchanged looks, then said, "Okay." "Oh, great! That's wonderful," Dixie said with a smile on her face. "She lives in the Northern Kremishpere." And with that, the Kongs were off.

The journey to the Northern Kremishpere was a long one. The Kongs brought lots of bananas for the trip, all of which were eaten by Donkey Kong and Kiddy Kong in the first hour. "Hey," Dixie yelled. "That was our only food supply!" "Hey, calm down Dix," Donkey reassured Dixie. "Just have a banana." They also had to make a few stops, since those bananas were high in fiber. When they got there, Dixie and Kiddy were the first ones out. "C'mon, you guys," Dixie gestured to the others. But when she got inside, she saw that Wrinkly was asleep. Oh well, she thought. We'll just wait it out, she said to herself. They all played some Nintendo 64, but they got bored soon after. "Hey, Dix," said Donkey Kong. "When's she gonna wake up?" "Soon," replied Dixie. "And then she'll make cookies." She told them. Well, she never did wake up. Dixie told herself that Wrinkly was just getting old. Her stomach growled, and now she wished she knew how to cook. Kiddy started wailing, and Dixie figured he was hungry, too. As they went to bed, Dixie said to herself that things would be better tomorrow.

Dixie had a horrible nightmare that night. She felt small and helpless as she was fed to a Zinger. In the dream, there were these strange chantings, saying:
For every drop of blood spilt in this room;
This world will be sent to it's impending doom;
This world will be submerged in the fires of hell;
Until the coin is dropped into the well.
She looked around and saw that there were not only one, but five Zingers. They all stared at her with those huge, intense eyes. There mouths seemed to water as they watched Dixie slowly and shakily walk across the room. She looked behind her to see four people, but there was an eerie patch of color where their faces should have been. A Zinger finally pounced on Dixie with it's hairy legs, and opened it's mouth, big and wide. Dixie quickly turned her eyes away, but it could not hide the pain she was in. As the blood fell to the floor, she felt a rumbling in the floor. The Zinger pounced again, and swallowed Dixie whole.

Dixie woke up, breathing heavily. The nightmare felt so... Real. She wanted to talk to someone about it. She slowly walked out of the room, and shook Wrinkly Kong on the arm. "Wrinkly! Get up," she whispered. She didn't get an awnser. She shook Wrinkly's arm again. She stopped and took a moment to realize just how cold Wrinkly's arm was. "Wrinkly," she asked, with no response. "Stop it, Wrinkly! You're scaring me!" Tears ran down Dixie's cheeks as she realized that Wrinkly Kong had died. She found a map on the floor. It was covered with blood, but Dixie could read it clearly: Treasure Map.
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Postby OneOf99 » December 8th, 2015, 10:33 am

"They also had to make a few stops, since those bananas were high in fiber." Best line out of the whole thing :lol: Interesting though, and your fan fictions aren't bad actually. Keep up the good work! :clap:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby Cranky Kong » December 10th, 2015, 10:57 am

Thanks, OneOf99, but I'm not really enjoying them as much as you are. They just seem so... Dark. And, let's be real, a character being eaten by a Zinger has already been used before. I mean, it's a game about happy monkeys that jump around a lot. I want something more happy, and exciting, rather than being story based. I will defiantly bring them back if I get enough requests, but for now I bring you something that very few have done, an adaptation of Donkey Kong Country.

Donkey Kong Country, Chapter 1: Banana Hoard Bonanza!
Spoiler!
Donkey Kong lay asleep in his bed when his nephew, Diddy Kong came through the door of his shack. "Hey, DK," he said in his high pitched voice. "Let's get started on that 'hero training' you told me about." All Donkey Kong could really do was scratch his head in confusion. Hero training?, he asked himself.When did I tell him that?, although he had just told him a few hours ago. He decided not to tell him he had forgotten. He did what any noble hero would do, and made something up. "Uhhhhh, why don't you watch the banana hoard for me," he said in his sweetest voice. "And I'll take over for you at 12." Heh, heh, heh. 12 hours!

Later that night, Diddy found himself in the Kong's banana hoard. "And don't let anybody have our bananas," said Donkey Kong. Diddy told promised he would do his best, and Donkey went back up to bed. He marched around the banana hoard, but he found it pretty boring. He paced around the room, occasionally glancing at the banana hoard to make sure it was okay. Suddenly, Diddy heard someone's footsteps enter the room. "W-who's there," he asked, rather shakily. Now he had a good look at it, and it was Krusha, one of the strongest Kremlings on Crocodile Isle. "I shall fell this foul beast!", Diddy yelled, as he made a leap for Krusha's head, only to fall over in embarrassment. "Who you kallin' 'foul'," Krusha bellowed. "I took a bath last year. Now I krush you!" And with that, Diddy was knocked out by Krusha's foot.

"Dur, wake up, monkey," a voice said. Diddy didn't actually recognize the voice, but he felt a finger poke him.
"Krusha! Don't touch," bellowed another voice.
Diddy was seeing spots of black everywhere. There was a ringing in his ears, but he could still hear the two voices outside talking.
"But Klamp," cried Krusha in his whiniest voice. "I wanna touch the pretty monkey!"
"But our orders were very klear. We are just supposed to put the monkey into that barrel over there!"
"Oh, goodie," cried Krusha as he ran over to the barrel.
"No, you idiot! What are you doing!?"
"I'm making a nice little home for the kute monkey!"
Diddy's vision was still fuzzy, but he could clearly see that Krusha had written "DK" on the front of the barrel.
Great. Now Donkey can find me in the morning.
"See," said Krusha like a three-year-old. "I made him some nice hay to sleep on."
"Now the boss is gonna kill us, you twit," yelled Klamp.
"Okay, shut up, Krusha, it's the monkey."
"I have a name, y'know," Diddy told them.
The two Kremlings lifted him and placed him in the barrel.
"What do we do now," asked Krusha.
"Throw him in the bushes."
The two Kremlings laughed as they walked away.
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Postby Cranky Kong » December 12th, 2015, 2:51 pm

Yo Kimi Kong, I would love it if you were a character in my fanfic, along with Dixie Kong and Chubby Kong, a fan character I made. Whaddya say?
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Postby Super Luigi! » March 17th, 2016, 8:22 am

I have a very short story that is full of nonsense, much like my other works. Here it is:

Dixie was a lovely lady. She had strength, talent, intelligence, and beauty. All of her friends were honored to know her.
Diddy was a true gentleman. He always did what was right in the best way he could. Alongside Dixie, the chimp moved mountains.
Donkey was a family man. Time after time, he protected the peace of his homeland. When the day was done, the big man relaxed with Candy, bananas, and candy bananas.

The End.

Tiny and some other Kongs may be next. For now, I must think.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 212

Postby Super Luigi! » March 19th, 2016, 1:43 pm

Kong Family Bonds.

Spoiler!
When they weren't fighting Kremlings, Tikis, Snomads, or any other type of enemy, the Kong Family was a close-knit group. They spent their lives living in peace on Donkey Kong Island for as long as possible. To see everyone in perfect harmony was truly a beautiful sight.

Donkey Kong, the big ape himself, was a true family man. Whenever danger threatened his family or his bananas, he leaped into action and solved the problem. In times of peace among friends and family, however, he was a joy to be around. DK ate his healthy share of bananas, but always made sure to save some for the others. Although he wasn't married to Candy, the family ape treated her as his wife by always staying true and reliable.

In the years after Wrinkly's death, Cranky had become considerably less cranky. He always maintained his snarky personality, of course, yet he had learned how strong his family truly was. No matter what great feats they achieved, however, Cranky would always know more and be there to provide advice. The wise Kong told his stories of the old days while still appreciating those of the new.

Although he energized himself greatly at times, Diddy remained a true gentleman. He followed in DK's footsteps just as the big ape had done with Cranky. By freeing Donkey, sinking Crocodile Isle, and collecting Cranky's Hero Coins, Diddy had proven himself as a hero.

Of course, where would the little hero be without Dixie, the love of his life? The furry lady was a hero in her own right as well. She loved Diddy with all of her heart, as he did with her. The couple often shared banana milkshakes while relaxing together. When they hugged, the world began to shine. Both Donkey and Cranky were proud to see such young love.

Speaking of youth, Kiddy himself was quite young. He didn't have a girlfriend or job to support, so he traveled the island as a free toddler. As Dixie's cousin, he admired her greatly and knew Diddy well. The two men were very close friends once they met each other.

Funky was indeed the main monkey. Like Kiddy, he was without a romantic partner. However, the surfing Kong kept cool and busy with his numerous inventions. Because of his valiant efforts, the entire Kong Family was able to fly, host barrel races, and tour the island. Donkey loved him like a brother, and the two of them had much history together.

Swanky had a troubled past. He loved show business and money, but often lost big gains in a small amount of time. The flashy ape was last seen searching for his next big hit at a baseball stadium.

Tiny was Dixie's younger sister. She was, however, quite taller than her older sister due to a sudden growth spurt about a decade ago. Nevertheless, the young woman loved and respected Dixie dearly. The female duo played many games together and shared their love for each other through hugs and bananas. Diddy knew Tiny ever since she was small, and they both were practically siblings.

Lanky was an odd one. Nobody really knew who he was or where he came from. Cranky once quipped the orangutan must be a very distant relative. Regardless of his origin, the Kong Klown proved very entertaining and reliable. His extreme flexibility was also quite a sight to see, especially after 6:20.

Finally, there was Chunky, Kiddy's older brother and the last member of the DK Crew. Although quite large and muscular, Chunky was actually a gentle giant. He arm wrestled Donkey and Funky at times in his stylish clothes, but could often be found observing the beauty of his home. The quiet Kong and Tiny were very close, and they often spoke of the good old days not unlike Cranky.

All in all, the Kong Family was a close-knit community. They each loved each other very much and had great fun together. Whenever their island was invaded next, the relatives would rush out to stop the enemy. But for now, everyone relaxed in perfect harmony, concentrating only on food and friendship.

The End.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 212

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » June 15th, 2016, 7:01 pm

Donkey Kong Country's fan fictions are as rare as California Condors it seems. With that said, here is a one-shot fanfiction regarding King K. Rool:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12000106/1 ... the-Shadow

I think people will really like this story. I will update with author notes later, but I am heading to bed. Now if only DK Vine had a section dedicated to fan arts...

Edit: Done!
Newcomer

Postby Chibisai Kong » June 17th, 2016, 5:55 pm

Oh, hey, I read that story just the other day, Fuzzy! I really liked it! :)

Yeah, I think the DKVine sees posting fanfiction on their website as a big no-no. I've seen several people get in trouble for trying to bring back forums about it.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 18

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » June 18th, 2016, 9:02 am

Chibisai Kong wrote:Oh, hey, I read that story just the other day, Fuzzy! I really liked it! :)

Yeah, I think the DKVine sees posting fanfiction on their website as a big no-no. I've seen several people get in trouble for trying to bring back forums about it.

I am glad that you enjoyed it. I look foward to making more fanfictions in general, even if they aren't necessarily DK-related.
Newcomer

Postby DoubleD99 » June 22nd, 2016, 9:12 pm

I made this fanfiction called "Nightmares" Back in april. It's a one shot fluff-fic featuring Tiny and Dixie... (DK 64 Tiny. Not the modern teenage Tiny...) I think I showed this to KJsteroids through deviantart once... https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11883467/1/Nightmares
Tourist
Bananas received 4

Postby Super Luigi! » September 3rd, 2016, 7:12 am

Here's a quick one before I go:

Spoiler!
Dixie lay in a field of jungle flowers. Their sweet scent strongly supported her sense of tranquility. She was certainly glad DK Island was at peace.

Tiny was a true woman. Ever since she was young, the female Kong did what was right. With her vast intelligence, talent, and beauty, she was greatly respected.

Diddy loved both ladies with brotherly affection. Although he wasn't as cool as Funky, as strong as Donkey, or as wise as Cranky, the gentleman chimp was nevertheless a true video game hero to children everywhere. Alongside his family, he would succeed.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 212

Postby OneOf99 » September 4th, 2016, 2:18 am

Super Luigi! wrote:Diddy loved both ladies with brotherly affection.

Uh, isn't Dixie Diddy's girlfriend?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby Super Luigi! » September 10th, 2016, 6:36 am

Yes, but he is also a man who cares for his family. I would argue that Dixie and Tiny are practically sisters to Diddy by now, even if we haven't seen much of them recently. Additionally, it's entirely possible to love someone romantically and platonically.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 212

Postby Super Luigi! » December 21st, 2017, 8:38 am

Here's another short story for anyone to read. I might make more of these in the following weeks, but I also might not. We shall certainly see. :bleak:

A Silly Battle of Manliness.
Spoiler!
High atop a mountaintop, Chunky looked out upon DK Island. With banana pen in hand, he sketched the scene before him: Kiddy was on a cheerful toddler rampage with a tire. Diddy and Dixie tried to stop him, but his brute strength was too strong (or so he thought, as the loving duo playfully fainted). That was when Donkey arrived.

The two big men stared each other down. One contained much potential strength, while the other was in his prime. Releasing his childish battle cry, Kiddy raised his trusty tire weapon and charged into battle. Donkey stamped the ground, beat his chest, and roared proudly. Both men soon clashed with great manliness.

Donkey grabbed Kiddy mid-charge and threw him over his shoulder, knowing full well that the toddler would survive. Kiddy rolled the attack off, realized he needed all of himself, and hurled his terrific tire at the big man, who easily knocked it away. Suddenly, they were wrestling, yet remained evenly matched. After saving the world, both manly men were truly strong. Plus, this wasn't a battle to the death.

After trading blows and slamming each other down, Kiddy and Donkey eyed each other once more. The battle was over, and they had both increased their strength. After a manly embrace, they pounded down many milkshakes of bananas. Diddy and Dixie went back to loving each other respectfully among the trees, while Chunky finished his masterpiece.

Never again did they speak of the fabled visitation of old Cranky Kong.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 212

Previous

Return to DKC Projects/Fanworks