OC ReMix DKC Project: "Kong in Concert"

Working on your own project related to the Donkey Kong Country series?
This forum is your place to discuss fangames, artwork, stories and so forth which are DKC relevant.

OC ReMix DKC Project: "Kong in Concert"

Postby Raccoon Sam » May 25th, 2008, 5:06 am

It's a collaborative DKC remix project back from '04 by the people at OC Remix.
http://dkcproject.ocremix.org/index.html

My favourite ones are 'Cry of the Chasmal Critter Chain' and 'Mine Cart Misadventure'.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 35

Re: Kong in Concert

Postby Cody » May 25th, 2008, 10:13 am

Would have been exciting news if I hadn't known about it for a few years ;)

My favorites are Beneath the Surface, Clouded Mind and Ringing Ears, and Rare Reminiscence (possibly my favorite DKC remix ever). CotCCC is a great one as well.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Raccoon Sam » May 25th, 2008, 12:09 pm

In my opinion Rare Reminiscence was good from 00:00 to 01:50 (especially 1:36 and up) but after that it's just chewing the old stuff. :/
Trailblazer
Bananas received 35

Postby Cody » May 25th, 2008, 6:01 pm

...ouch. Mine Cart Misadventure is pretty much the same as you described RR (for me, it gets worse at 2:23). I used to love it in 2006/early 2007, but I can't listen to it without changing songs now. Rare Reminiscence is one that I love having on repeat while relaxing on pleasant days, just because.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Teeth » June 6th, 2008, 8:07 pm

My favourite tracks are probably Dolilop Do Wop, One Zero One and Arboreal Ascent. I just love to put them on when I want to relax after a hard day. :D

My least favourite is probably Funky Monkey Love, because I can't recognise any of the original tune in it. The lyrics are hilarious, though.

I wish some of the Donkey Kong Land tracks could be remixed. OCRemix already has a wonderful remix of Kremlantis, but I'd love to hear the Temple, Cave, Mountain and Cloud themes redone as well.
Tourist

Postby Cody » June 13th, 2008, 5:40 am

I can probably work on a Mountain remix as soon as I get a good remix program - anyone recommend anything free?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby BlueTronic » June 13th, 2008, 6:37 am

FL Studio has a free demo version. The only thing you can't do in the demo version that you can in the paid version is save a project. You can still export your remix (which is making it as an audio file). Just a warning: The cheapest paid version is FL Studio Express Edition which is 49$. Second to cheapest is FL Studio Edition, which is 99$. If you ever decide to buy the program, DO NOT get the Express Edition. You can save projects, but you can't add any notes at all, making it impossible compose a song. Get the Edition right off the bat.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Kong in Concert

Postby DK4Ever » September 29th, 2008, 3:11 pm

Is there anywhere I can actually buy/download the entire album?

OC-Remix is where I've been looking (Since...they did the album) but I've been unable to find anything like that, and is there actually a hard-copy/CD of this album, anywhere? does that exist? that would be so amazing.
Treasure Hunter

Postby Simion32 » September 30th, 2008, 7:04 am

I would say http://dkcproject.ocremix.org/download.html but the Kong in Concert site is down... :?:
Firefox wrote:Failed to Connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at dkcproject.ocremix.org.

Though the site seems valid, the browser was unable to establish a connection.

* Could the site be temporarily unavailable? Try again later.
* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's network connection.
* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

EDIT: Why on earth would it be for sale? It's not completely original music! :lol:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby BlueTronic » September 30th, 2008, 7:57 am

There's already a thread for Kong in Concert.
Simion32 wrote:I would say http://dkcproject.ocremix.org/download.html but the Kong in Concert site is down... :?

It's not showing up for me, either. Here's another place to get them, which includes album art, and even bonus tracks that never made it in! (the Mine Life one is cool 8-))

Some of the tracks in Kong in Concert are outdated:
Aerofunkamics
Chekan Winter

It's free, you don't have to pay for it.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby DK4Ever » September 30th, 2008, 2:17 pm

Ok, great, thanks.

I just NEED to have Thrash the Plank blaring out of my car speakers. Epicness.
Treasure Hunter

Postby Katastrophe Kong » June 15th, 2009, 8:39 pm

Alot of the music is amazing , true remixes, but with some of them they don't sound a bit like the original. The only one I truely don't like is the Candy kong one, I don't like lyrics in most of my video game songs.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Return to DKC Projects/Fanworks