Donkey Kong Country 4 Fangame Ideas

Working on your own project related to the Donkey Kong Country series?
This forum is your place to discuss fangames, artwork, stories and so forth which are DKC relevant.

Intro Logo?

Retroware
No votes
Atlasware
100%

Total votes : 2

Re: Donkey Kong Country 4 Fangame Ideas

Postby WesternTanager794 » April 11th, 2023, 12:25 pm

I may be able to restart this project again. That means level betas. But if anyone has any level designs they want in the game I’m happy to incorporate them. I’m not a grandmaster yet, but I’m close. Restarting this project may happen very soon. And in a small way I’ll restart it now. Fee free to add or suggest anything you want! The level list is almost complete. The unused level names will be used in the betas so I don’t not use them. Also, where should I put the Dinosaur Planet soundtracks and Treasure Trove Cove music in the game? I really want to incorporate them. I’m thinking dynamic world maps, but that takes from the normal music. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » April 12th, 2023, 2:14 pm

Here's an idea! Atlasware! That or Retroware. That would be the decision here.
ATLASWARE.png
ATLASWARE.png (95.03 KiB) Viewed 12139 times

Here's an image for the atlasware concept art. Retroware is easy enough to picture. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » May 2nd, 2023, 2:07 pm

I just had an idea from the intro of Goldeneye 007! We have the kongs like that!

I don't know precisely how it goes, but Diddy is the star. :parry:
More ideas I have, but I forget them, and I only find them in my notebooks to rehash the memories.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » May 6th, 2023, 5:55 am

Two things. The world map music by Rodrigo Boechat, I rather like. Where does it go? Tune into 21:29. He does a good job remixing the old songs in my opinion.

And what is this music from?

:parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » May 6th, 2023, 5:28 pm

DK007!!! Cheat Code!! Diddy Kong: Locked and Reloaded!

Demo Coming Soon! :thumbs: :diddyrock: :dixiehappy: :kiddywin:

Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » May 10th, 2023, 6:39 pm

Aha! I've finally got it! The "Boss Drakor" music from Dinosaur Planet for the Mr. X boss fight! What do you two think? :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » May 11th, 2023, 11:32 am

I don't know what that music sounds like, but I'm sure it would work.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » May 11th, 2023, 12:23 pm

It might. I was thinking that the Kumulonimbus boss fight could be Kunning, or Mr. X I was referring to Mr. X's revenge or Kunning's boss fight. I'm not certain that I want Kunning to fight them, I don't think that's his plan at all. I think he sees the kongs as allies to take over the kremlings. And to cooperate with them when he's won.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » May 12th, 2023, 11:37 am

After listening to the music, I think it will work.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » May 13th, 2023, 12:04 pm

I have so much music from donkey kong games and etcetera that I'm thinking of adding a cheat code that will make an alternate soundtrack. I'm a bit disappointed that I can't put everything I want to in the game. But, the Galadon battle music could go to something.

and phase 2 of the fight. Perhaps this is for the original Mr. X fight in the misty mountains? I don't know. But maybe it would be good to give him an ominous theming as in these the drakor and galadon musics.

Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » July 8th, 2023, 8:39 am

Breakthroughs! Intro is completed! Absolutely! Nintendo logo, DP rare ware logo, Atlasware logo, and then Delta logo! And then the DK rap returns! Then after that, a modified version of the 2016 demo kongs return to be the title screen and then DKC3 game select screen! And then guess what! Holding right upon fade in allows you to enter Klubba’s Kipsk! It’s in the DK treehouse head! DKC1’s lost world! Level list completed. Whole new world! Dino Domain/DKL city style!
The newly composed DK rap! Maybe I could get Grant Kirkhope in on this! And I will release the game in 2029! The 30th anniversary of DK64 and the 35th of DKC1! And cheat codes and default game save names are established. Voiced cutscenes after beating a world?
Spoiler!
So they’re finally here, all thanks to you,
It’s the kong revival 30 years overdue!
Put your hands together, if you want to clap, as we take you through this familiar rap!
DK! Diddy Kong! DK! Diddy Kong is here! He’s finally back and about time too.

To be continued… what does everyone think? I finished the rap but I don’t have time to type.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » July 8th, 2023, 11:39 am

I'm not really sure what to say, but if you have it handled, then I think it's a great plan.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » July 13th, 2023, 12:31 am

I’ll finish the intro and finish typing the rap soon.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » July 19th, 2023, 3:02 am

intro design is complete. the rap probably won't happen unless kirkhope composes and voices it. which happened with the yooka laylee rap. and worlds and levels are complete will post soon for your verification. along with the atlases approval.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » July 23rd, 2023, 7:04 am

I’m not finishing writing the rap here as a surprise in the end. Level list coming soon.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Previous

Return to DKC Projects/Fanworks