DKC SNES Remaster

Working on your own project related to the Donkey Kong Country series?
This forum is your place to discuss fangames, artwork, stories and so forth which are DKC relevant.

DKC SNES Remaster

Postby H4v0c x S4nTA » July 23rd, 2016, 11:18 pm

I created this topic to ask for help. I have had the desire to remaster DKC 1 (and eventually 2 & 3) while keeping the "SNES Feel". Unfortunately I don't have the skills required to make the idea come to life. Any help is appreciated in the following fields.

Art and Design, Coding of any sort, and basically anything you can offer.

My goal is to create a PC version of DKC that runs in 1920 x 1080 (without stretching the image) so basically remaking the entire game in widescreen, with HD sprites and tiles.

Please note this project is in as early of a state as simply having the idea and really nothing more at the moment. :shakehead:
Newcomer

Re: DKC SNES Remaster

Postby Retro » July 24th, 2016, 12:30 am

Welcome to DKC Atlas! It's always nice to see a new face. :)

Your project reminds me of an older topic called The DKC Trilogy Remastered (Flash Project). I would take a look at that topic, as it may offer some information which you will find useful.
Tourist
Bananas received 5

Postby Qyzbud » July 26th, 2016, 10:11 am

Hi H4v0c x S4nTA, thanks for joining our community and sharing your vision!

As Retro linked above, a similarly ambitious DKC SNES trilogy remastering project was initiated a couple of years back by TimeRe4per, but it's nice to see another 4A foray into this concept. :)

I love the idea of a faithful HD remaster of the classic Donkey Kong Country games, and 1080p seems like a good resolution to optimise for, but perhaps vector-based assets would be the best idea for the sake of the visuals looking sharp and beautiful on 4K displays, and whatever else the future brings. This approach would allow for smoother animations at smaller file sizes, too, as well as nicer zooming/scalability and other such things.

Anyhow, just wanted to lend my thoughts and support. Would be great to see all of the DKC games looking at home on high-res displays one day. :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Update

Postby H4v0c x S4nTA » February 17th, 2017, 3:29 am

Have been working on the graphics aspect of things lately. I need someone who could animate the overworld backgrounds for me.
Newcomer

Postby OneOf99 » February 17th, 2017, 10:13 am

Hmm, this is a nice idea that I could stand behind. I can't really help you (or anyone for that matter) for a while since real life > internet. But if I find the time I'll help with something.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Return to DKC Projects/Fanworks