Crazy Kong Country for ATARI JAGUAR

Working on your own project related to the Donkey Kong Country series?
This forum is your place to discuss fangames, artwork, stories and so forth which are DKC relevant.

Crazy Kong Country for ATARI JAGUAR

Postby Jeffrey_Bones » April 20th, 2016, 7:54 pm

Hi folks, yes you are reading that topic title correctly. I am working on a project for the Atari Jaguar CD and it is DKC related. I haven't been around much because I've been messing with RETROPIA and a whole lot of homebrew stuff for the Atari Jaguar. This project will be based off the old arcade game Crazy Kong (which is a rip off of the old arcade Donkey Kong) and it will essentially be a version of DKC for the Jaguar. I will be using an open source Jaguar game called Jungle Jag to make it. In the game you will have to collect all of the K O N G letters to complete each stage, only then will you be able to advance to the next level. The backgrounds and stages will be from DKC1 and the enemies will only be Zingers and Slippas for now.
All I can show right now is this graphic of me editing the background from Jungle Jag and replacing it with a DKC backdrop and a little sprite work for the main character. I will be using existing graphics from my prior DKC projects to do this one as I am still trying to learn how to program on this very old console. Unlike my previous projects that were made in Game Maker, this one has to be done in assembly which is something new to me.
If you do not have a Jaguar or don't even know what the heck a Jaguar is, it's ok because I will also make a version of this in Game Maker for the PC. This will be a very small collect-O-thon type game just to get me familiar with coding for the Jaguar. One thing I would also like to do is include a port of the old arcade game Crazy Kong as an extra feature (kind of like DK64 did with DK)
I will post more info on this as it comes along.

And for your information DKCA, DKQ3D and RETROPIA are not canceled. I'm still going to update all of these projects. :)
Trailblazer
Bananas received 104

Re: Crazy Kong Country for ATARI JAGUAR

Postby sonosublime » April 21st, 2016, 8:43 pm

No offense, but I think you need to focus on one game at a time and polishing it as much as possible before release. Working on 3 games at the same time seems overwhelming. I did what you did once with your 3D game and rushed it to release, but doing that sort of thing will cause the internet to rip your hard work to pieces.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 228

Postby Jeffrey_Bones » April 21st, 2016, 8:48 pm

Meet me in chat? I have been wanting to talk to you anyway :)
Trailblazer
Bananas received 104

Postby Jeffrey_Bones » November 11th, 2017, 10:14 pm

sonosublime wrote:No offense, but I think you need to focus on one game at a time and polishing it as much as possible before release. Working on 3 games at the same time seems overwhelming. I did what you did once with your 3D game and rushed it to release, but doing that sort of thing will cause the internet to rip your hard work to pieces.

Ha! Ha! I just looked back on this old comment you wrote, BOY WERE YOU RIGHT! lol
Trailblazer
Bananas received 104

Return to DKC Projects/Fanworks