My 3D DKC Trilogy Game

Working on your own project related to the Donkey Kong Country series?
This forum is your place to discuss fangames, artwork, stories and so forth which are DKC relevant.

Re: My 3D DKC Trilogy Game

Postby OneOf99 » November 6th, 2017, 2:55 am

I don't think there is, so you may have to just go creative on this one.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby Cosmicman » November 8th, 2017, 2:01 am

Edit: I decided to make a list of models I need, check out page one first post.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 91

Postby OneOf99 » November 8th, 2017, 10:13 am

I could help, but need some specifications. What size do you want these to be? Filetype preffered? With or without textures?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby Cosmicman » November 8th, 2017, 10:28 am

File type, if possible .Dae, I use Sketchup for modelling so it would make things easier for me if I need to modify the file.
Size, it could be any size.
Textures, not needed, a simple color to match all the parts that will be the same material will do.

Here are the models of the ships, needs a lot more detail but it should help, these models were made by Peardian, so credits go to Peardian.
Whoever is willing to do this one, send me your email so I can invite you to download the models.

Does anyone know if iframe is supported by this website? I could embed the link to view the 3D models right on this page. For now here is the link to see the galleon models I need to get worked on.

https://skfb.ly/6u7pQ :nicework:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 91

Postby vege » October 12th, 2018, 9:26 am

Hi, Cosmicman, i Hope You are fine. Is it active this project still? I miss news
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 49

Postby Super Luigi! » October 12th, 2018, 2:59 pm

I am also still interested in this project. Have you made any progress after nearly a year?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Cosmicman » January 25th, 2019, 11:18 am

Hi everyone, I'm still working on this project, I won't give up, I'm actually in the process of redoing all 3 islands on the new UE4.2 game engine, this is taking longer than I predicted because I am looking to get the islands as close as the original renders, so there are a few parts I have to redo. I have not uploaded a demo because I am not happy with my Kong models and animations, as exciting as it is to walk and sail the islands it still takes you out of the experience when you don't have a proper character to play as. :dixiecry: As soon as I manage to get a kong in there with proper animations and fur physics I will release a demo.

Not sure if I mentioned before but I also found many other renders from the DKC Advance series, they show many other angles from the renders that have helped a lot, including a full close up of Kremkroc Industries which I really want to work on so that has also made me go back and redo some other island models. I will try to update with some renders of all the new areas I have completed. :thumbs:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 91

Postby Super Luigi! » February 15th, 2019, 2:01 pm

Good luck, dear Cosmicman. You have my support. :banana:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby the_kong_br » May 15th, 2019, 2:03 pm

Your project is getting flawless! Congratulations! I await for news!
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 12

Postby PigmaskColonel » May 17th, 2019, 10:42 am

Cosmicman wrote:Not sure if I mentioned before but I also found many other renders from the DKC Advance series, they show many other angles from the renders that have helped a lot, including a full close up of Kremkroc Industries which I really want to work on so that has also made me go back and redo some other island models. I will try to update with some renders of all the new areas I have completed. :thumbs:

Don't the GBA games use different, newly-made landscape models? Or is that just DKC3?
Tourist
Bananas received 13

Postby Cosmicman » May 17th, 2019, 11:54 am

PigmaskColonel wrote:
Don't the GBA games use different, newly-made landscape models? Or is that just DKC3?

In the GBA version it seems like they used the same 3D models for objects like Kong Kollege and Cranky's cabin, so it shows other angles, even if they are low quality it gives me a better idea of what some of those models look like exterior wise.
They did change the landscape for GBA but I will still follow the Snes world version, the GBA renders will help with areas like Kremkroc Industries for example that don't have much going on the Snes version other than just mountains with factories far away, in the GBA version they focus on the factories so I can model those with more detail looking at those renders instead of making it up myself. So yeah, I'm redoing a few models with more details that will be placed on the Snes based world.

Here is a small video of some of the worlds I have been working on shown on the 3d modeling program, not rendered so they will look terrible compared to when they are in the game engine, not much but lets see if some of you can recognize the models.

Minor update: Unfortunately Tinypic (the image sharing site I was using) died, all the images are gone :dixiecry: ,I will update them with new screenshots when I'm done migrating all the assets to the new updated UE4, for now I have been working on getting the Kongs animated.

Squitter almost done, shoes are placeholders for now.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 91

Postby Toxinz1181 » July 13th, 2020, 3:49 pm

Any news on the project? Your animation for DK looks great! :clap:
Newcomer
Bananas received 1

Postby Cosmicman » September 15th, 2020, 2:29 am

Toxinz1181 wrote:Any news on the project? Your animation for DK looks great! :clap:

Yes, I have been working on this as often as i can, I basically started from scratch on a new Unreal engine update, the game looks 10 times more beautiful than before.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 91

Postby rainbowsprinklez » September 17th, 2020, 11:22 pm

I'm glad this is still a thing. I wouldn't have the first idea on where to start! I specialize in 65816 (SNES) programming. So if I can contribute in some way, please let me know!
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 108

Postby Super Luigi! » October 7th, 2022, 10:17 am

I, meanwhile, likely can't help much, but you have my support! Hopefully, that's worth something for now.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Cosmicman » February 19th, 2024, 11:20 am

Hi everyone, sorry for the lack of updates but I couldn't login for the last year after trying many times and I was finally able to login today. Here are some video links of the latest progress. Would love to hear what you think so I could make the game better.

Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 91

Postby Super Luigi! » February 19th, 2024, 1:05 pm

I don't know how to help, because I like all of these videos. The attention to detail is amazing, and the last video specifically is very interesting. Well done.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Cosmicman » February 19th, 2024, 1:33 pm

I had to restart the project several times due to losing all progress when updating to the new game engine and when I changed computers, so it was very difficult to get everything up and running again, but the project is on the right path at the moment and I'm very happy with the progress, specially happy with the island you mentioned, is a lot of fun to explore.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 91

Postby Flurryxvivo » February 21st, 2024, 6:14 am

Cosmicman wrote:Would love to hear what you think so I could make the game better.

Woah those videos blew me away. They really capture the magic of DK's world... makes me wish we got a game like this. Can't really give any advice either since your project just looks too good! Amazing work bud (and welcome back to DKC Atlas!)
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 12

Postby Cosmicman » February 22nd, 2024, 11:31 am

Thank you, I have been working on the night and day cycle and its done. The Lost World looks scary at night.

Inside Krocodile Kore's jaw
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 91

Postby Super Luigi! » February 22nd, 2024, 1:23 pm

Phenomenal work, Cosmicman. Well done.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby VideoViking » February 22nd, 2024, 4:11 pm

Really nice scenery work, Cosmicman. Great to see you back. Hope to talk to you via DM soon.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 41

Postby Cosmicman » February 26th, 2024, 3:12 am

Thank you !

Early work of another area.

Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 91

Postby Super Luigi! » February 26th, 2024, 12:18 pm

If the ocean wasn't in the second screenshot, I would say that I might have seen this in real life at one point. Well done once more, Cosmicman.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Cosmicman » March 1st, 2024, 10:56 am

Thats great to hear Super Luigi! It still needs a lot of work and detail though, here are a few more shots, the Lost World area.

Any idea what mine area this is? :gnawty-lol:

Who wants a rug made of real Kremling skin ?

Edit, more work in progress.

Krazy Kremland

Early construction of the Northern Kremisphere.

Gloomy
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 91

Postby Super Luigi! » March 1st, 2024, 1:07 pm

Keep up the good work then, Cosmicman.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Cosmicman » March 19th, 2024, 7:40 am

I'm trying to find any images of the animal buddy's crates, even sprites would do. I have done these so far.

Edit:
A few more, 9 in total for now.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 91

Postby Super Luigi! » March 19th, 2024, 12:16 pm

They look very nice, Cosmicman.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Previous

Return to DKC Projects/Fanworks