Donkey Kong Country 4D [Idea]

Working on your own project related to the Donkey Kong Country series?
This forum is your place to discuss fangames, artwork, stories and so forth which are DKC relevant.

Donkey Kong Country 4D [Idea]

Postby Simion32 » September 9th, 2015, 8:16 am

Donkey Kong Country 4D
[FanGame Idea by Simion32]

DKC Trilogy in HD 3D ***using original trilogy SGI models***.

Super Mario 3D World style camera/movement, but with 3D rotatable camera (some of it automatic, some camera lock zones, etc). Full but non-first-person camera controls ala DK64.

DK64-style world exploration. That is, the levels would all be 3D-explorable and not linear, yet things like swamp pits would confine the path linearly enough that gameplay comes in linear-ized chunks along the platform you're on.

Super Mario 3D World style world buildup - that is, for levels whose archetype can handle it, such as Wasp Hives, the level will have a great amount of 3D depth and feel, but with a touch of 3D-explorability like DK64.

No first person elements except for possibly certain mine cart segments.

Mine carts should be handled in DKCR/DKCTF fashion with regards to 3D.

Barrel Cannon Courses will be like DKCR/DKCTF but with much more 3D camera interaction. There will be a few 2D-camera-locked segments where it goes into 2D movement for a bit, but retaining the possibility of barrels shooting you along the Z direction (toward or away from the screen).

As well as all these asthetic notes, there would be 15 or more new archetypes to go along with the originals. A very diverse adventure would result.

The name just takes time into account as another dimension to make it sound like DKC4 (based on graphical origins of the idea), but instead, DKC4D.

**EDIT's in** Another thing to note is that worlds and levels would be linked continuously in a gigantic world map on the island you play on, perhaps even having multiple islands. That is, you can play the whole of at least a world (all its levels) without exiting to any kind of overworld/worlds map.

CLARIFICATION: The all-levels-in-one concept means a 3D explorable environment without sequence breaks, ala Legend of Zelda.

Your thoughts? :dixiehappy:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Re: Donkey Kong Country 4D [Idea]

Postby Cranky Kong » December 6th, 2015, 5:27 am

I think it sounds great! :dixiehappy: It should be multi ending too, but I'll explain that later. I think it should have multiple pathways, but I don't think it should all be one level. Here are all the collectibles I think should be in the game:
*Bananas
*Golden Bananas
*Banana Faries
*Banana Coins
*Kremcoins
*DK Hero Coins
*A weapon for each Kong
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Return to DKC Projects/Fanworks