I need a favour

Working on your own project related to the Donkey Kong Country series?
This forum is your place to discuss fangames, artwork, stories and so forth which are DKC relevant.

I need a favour

Postby thetoad11 » September 4th, 2015, 3:24 am

Okay, so I finished another composition that could potentially be used for the DKC4 fan game project. The problem is that while I was exporting the song, my computer did this thing where it restarts without even asking first. I did save a project file (for once), however, I don't use the full version of FL studio, and thus cannot open the project file until I feel like shelling out like a lot of money to buy the full version. I was wondering if there was anyone who had the full version of FL studio, as well as the full version FL soundfont player and the DKC trilogy soundfonts from here, who would be willing to take the project file, and export it for me.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 50

Re: I need a favour

Postby Phyreburnz » September 4th, 2015, 3:28 am

Unfortunately, I don't have fl studios, but this might help, if this is the problem you're having: http://www.howtogeek.com/139993/prevent ... d=noscript

I had the problem when my computer was running windows 8 and I did this to make it not restart on me by surprise.

Sorry I don't have fl studios, but hopefully this can help you out a little bit if this is the problem.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Qyzbud » September 4th, 2015, 3:37 am

I think I have everything needed to help — so feel free to PM or email it my way and I'll do what I can to help out.

I knew I bought FL Studio for a reason. :swanky:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby thetoad11 » September 4th, 2015, 10:54 am

Qyzbud I sent you a pm, but It's trapped in my outbox, I guess? So I'm thinking that means it didn't go through.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 50

Postby Simion32 » September 4th, 2015, 11:55 am

A PM doesn't leave your outbox until the recipient has viewed it. ;)
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby thetoad11 » September 4th, 2015, 12:40 pm

I did not know this. Thanks for that tidbit...

That's weird how that works, I'm used to something being trapped in an outbox while it's trying to be sent, then once it's sent, it's no longer present in an outbox.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 50

Postby Qyzbud » September 4th, 2015, 1:28 pm

It is a bit of a strange way to handle things, I agree. I'm not sure how common it is across forum software, but maybe there's some logic to it due to the internally-handled nature of forum messaging vs email? Not sure.

At any rate, I've received your PM(s), and will see what I can do when I'm back at my PC (soon).
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby VideoViking » September 4th, 2015, 2:37 pm

When a PM is sent to a user, phpBB adds an "unread" flag to the sent message. This is called a receipt. The receipt stays in the Outbox until the user reads it. Once it's opened, it disappears from your outbox. This is pretty much common practice in art sites like DeviantArt, but instead of a separate folder tracking read notes (their version of PMs), the note icon is highlighted in yellow. If the user reads it, the icon dims to a shade of grey.

I recall certain webmail programs using this feature, but it's been a long time since I've seen it in action. For me, personally, this is a good way to keep track if your note was "read," not sent.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 41

Return to DKC Projects/Fanworks