Donkey Kong 64 HD Unity prototype

Working on your own project related to the Donkey Kong Country series?
This forum is your place to discuss fangames, artwork, stories and so forth which are DKC relevant.

Donkey Kong 64 HD Unity prototype

Postby dk64 » February 24th, 2015, 5:42 pm

Hello everyone, i create a DK 64 Pototype, im sharing with dk fans.
Hope you like It :nicework:

video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUtA3f5FYhM

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Newcomer
Bananas received 2

Re: Donkey Kong 64 HD Unity prototype

Postby TimeRe4per » February 24th, 2015, 6:00 pm

The images (that load for me) look to be of good quality, but they could use some more work. The character models look on-par with it's N64 counterpart, and the textures and empty space leave something to be desired. Still, good job and I'm hoping this becomes something great.

EDIT: I'm willing to work on any 2D (Static or Animated) assets
Newcomer
Bananas received 1

Postby Qyzbud » February 25th, 2015, 10:07 am

Nice early demo; it's obviously still in very early stages, but it shows promise.

Apart from (presumably) nicer models, textures and a higher screen resolution, what enhancements are you planning to make?

DK64 has a lot of room for improvement, so this project interests me. :dk-tf:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby sonosublime » February 25th, 2015, 7:36 pm

A really cool looking project. The graphics are beautiful, as is the nighttime jungle level. I'd love to see you make a full-fledged 3D game out of this. Also, I like the Frantic Factory remix. It suits the atmosphere you have going on.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 228

Postby dk64 » March 3rd, 2015, 8:11 am

TimeRe4per wrote:The images (that load for me) look to be of good quality, but they could use some more work. The character models look on-par with it's N64 counterpart, and the textures and empty space leave something to be desired. Still, good job and I'm hoping this becomes something great.

EDIT: I'm willing to work on any 2D (Static or Animated) assets

Thank You.

This is a very early demo, the 3d models are just HD version thats why it looks like the 64. :thumbs:
Newcomer
Bananas received 2

Postby dk64 » March 3rd, 2015, 8:14 am

Qyzbud wrote:Nice early demo; it's obviously still in very early stages, but it shows promise.

Apart from (presumably) nicer models, textures and a higher screen resolution, what enhancements are you planning to make?

DK64 has a lot of room for improvement, so this project interests me. :dk-tf:

Thank You.

Im planning to create a minigame where you need to collect some bananas and rescue the kongs and defeat King Krool :krool:
Newcomer
Bananas received 2

Postby dk64 » March 3rd, 2015, 8:19 am

sonosublime wrote:A really cool looking project. The graphics are beautiful, as is the nighttime jungle level. I'd love to see you make a full-fledged 3D game out of this. Also, I like the Frantic Factory remix. It suits the atmosphere you have going on.

Thank You!!

This prototype is what I am learning to do with Unity 3d, in the future I will create my own platformer by now I just wanna finish this prototype.

This level will have some skeletons and ghosts.
:target:
Newcomer
Bananas received 2

Postby dk64 » March 3rd, 2015, 8:32 am

Here is How the modern Donkey Kong look like.

Please let me know What You think, this model is from ssb because I Dont have to much time right know to create one :shakehead: but I will in these days.

link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqflbZZLhyE
Newcomer
Bananas received 2

Postby vege » March 3rd, 2015, 1:08 pm

dk64, It is good and promising project :)

I can imagine this, i like the music at first video (sounds good for a night stage), but i suggest a song more intense or jungle-ish for the second one (day) (yes, i know it is the same map), the lava effects look beautiful :)
Probably, if you use/design other textures for the grass would be perfect.
I feel that DK 64 game requires enemies with better AI, or to increase the density of kremlins, etc, the original game (and your project) needs more adrenaline/challenges to be enjoyed to the fullest.

Muy bien!
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 49

Postby Cano'beans » March 3rd, 2015, 1:53 pm

Love what I'm seeing so far. I can't wait to play it myself once it's finished.

Keep up the good work. :thumbs:
Tourist
Bananas received 3

Postby sonosublime » March 15th, 2015, 6:19 pm

dk64 wrote:Here is How the modern Donkey Kong look like.

Please let me know What You think, this model is from ssb because I Dont have to much time right know to create one :shakehead: but I will in these days.

link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqflbZZLhyE

I preferred the atmosphere of the nighttime jungle level over the day one. But that's just my opinion. The models do look much better though.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 228

Return to DKC Projects/Fanworks