Project Family

Working on your own project related to the Donkey Kong Country series?
This forum is your place to discuss fangames, artwork, stories and so forth which are DKC relevant.

Project Family

Postby Kimi Kong » January 24th, 2015, 7:52 am

This project will also be known as the .

Anyone can join in on this project. It's pretty simple too. You make up a Kong character, whether it be a fan character or a selfie, and Incorporated them into the Kong Family in some way, whether they are related to another Kong or something special. However, they can't just be there.

Here's my addition to Project Family, my personal selfie~!

Cute, right? This is how all Extended Kong Family members will be debuted. They will get a full character template once everything is in place.

When you give me a description(and reference pictures), you have to tell me the preferred name for your Kong. A nameless Kong is a sad Kong. :dixiecry:

Since Qyzbud has already had a Kong drawn by me, he automatically has a spot in this project. It's just the matter of whether or not he wants to keep the design of his character.

Anyone interested, leave a message below~! Banana's are also appreciated~! :dixie-tf:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 136

Re: Project Family

Postby Gaz » January 24th, 2015, 10:21 am

Nice project, Kimi. I very strongly suggest that for your project, you do not create any Mary Sues, Gary Stus, or Kongs too similar to existing Kongs. Try thinking of original Kongs. I gave you a banana ( :banana: ) as a present ( :gift: ). :)
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Kimi Kong » January 24th, 2015, 8:40 pm

Well, there will be no Mary Sues or Gary Stus in this project. Every original Kong will have their own unique personality either based off of their creator or give to them by their creator. For instance, my character is souly based off of me, a random, happy person but has problems with her emotions at times. She a good person(*cough* monkey) that does anything to help anyone. And also, there will probably be times where they are too similar to an existing Kong depending on the relation. For example, my boyfriend Ben(also known as DiddyKF1 on here an many other sights) has chosen for his character to be Diddy's brother, so the might share a lot of similarities. But thats as far as it'll go. We won't have any "clones" in this project.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 136

Postby Kimi Kong » March 31st, 2015, 10:46 am

Hey, guys. Long time no see. So far there are three members of Project Family, aslo know as the Extended Kong Family.

Of course we know one already, that being Lexi Kong, but now i shall introduce two more members of the EKF.

Kayla Kong is Diddy's rather odd cousin. She can be quite odd ball, but she's very fun to be around. She's sweet and modest and quite the adventurer.

Marty Kong is Diddy's gentle older brother. Though he wasn't heard of for a very long time, Marty is indeed Diddy's brother. He's a very sencitive soul, kind to all and very protective of the one he loves.

Also, gonna put this out there, i planned on him and Lexi being together but thats all up to everything.

So, guys, let me know if you want to be a part of this. Or just tell me what you think of the project. :dixie-tf:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 136

Postby sonosublime » March 31st, 2015, 3:09 pm

What is this project about exactly? Are you going to make fanfiction, comics, or just pictures with these characters?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 228

Postby Kimi Kong » March 31st, 2015, 5:17 pm

Well it really depends on how big the the family becomes. It can become anything really. But for now, its an opportunity for recognition, not by Nintendo but by other fans.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 136

Postby CatLoverMolly » April 1st, 2015, 10:30 am

Does Kayla have glasses? That's really cute! :dixiehappy:
Great pictures, by the way!
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 100

Postby Kimi Kong » April 3rd, 2015, 3:04 am

Thanks~! And yes, she wears glasses. Since her real life counterpart wears them, i thought it would well suit her.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 136

Postby Super Luigi! » April 3rd, 2015, 12:39 pm

Marty Kong is definitely a true family man. After all, he's an older brother who loves his fellow sibling. You don't see much of those anymore.
Kayla Kong is, without a doubt, very intelligent. She seems to be the type of girl everyone on and off the battlefield consults for advice. Clearly, a noble woman.

Thank you for creating these works of art, Kimi Kong. Your labors are greatly appreciated and noticed. May you continue to succeed excellently.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Kimi Kong » August 13th, 2015, 11:58 am

Introducing, Cassie Kong, the cousin of Dixie and Tiny. Not really much to say about her except that she is a bad ass in training.

Introducing, Ressie Kong, the adorable little sister of Diddy Kong and the youngest member of the Extended Kong Family. She strives to be strong like her big brothers.

Also, I figured out what I plan to start a web comic for Project Family in the near future. So stay posted for updates. We also have a tumblr page and a deviantart group now. I'll post the links when I can get to a computer.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 136

Postby BlueTronic » August 13th, 2015, 1:30 pm

Crankier Kong
Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (136.76 KiB) Viewed 25851 times
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Kimi Kong » August 13th, 2015, 2:10 pm

Dude, what even? :scratch:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 136

Postby Super Luigi! » August 18th, 2015, 9:46 am

Well done, Kimi Kong. I truly appreciate the amount of work you've put into each of your characters, artwork and backstories alike. Please continue to succeed greatly and become a hero to children everywhere.

BlueTronic, you too have created art.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Return to DKC Projects/Fanworks