Donkey Kong: Crystal Coconut Conundrum (sprite comic)

Working on your own project related to the Donkey Kong Country series?
This forum is your place to discuss fangames, artwork, stories and so forth which are DKC relevant.

Donkey Kong: Crystal Coconut Conundrum (sprite comic)

Postby Addie » August 27th, 2014, 9:38 am

Donkey Kong Country: Crystal Coconut Conundrum is an old-fashioned sprite comic created by none other than me! The plot revolves around Donkey Kong continuing his family lineage by protecting the Crystal Coconut deep within Donkey Kong Island. Donkey Kong’s family has been protecting the legendary Crystal Coconut for generations, but this time the advances of a certain lithe wannabe lizard causes the Kongs way more trouble than usual. This ends up sending DK and his pals on a wild adventure to reclaim the Crystal Coconut and stop evil! The comic blends elements from the games, the DKC cartoon and some original ideas to keep it unique.

All comics from now on will be posted in this thread, and you can read the earlier pages here http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=147040

Chapters:
Perilous Prologue - Completed
Boisterous Beginnings - 12/??
Circuitous Conflicts - 0/??
???

Tourist
Bananas received 46

Re: Donkey Kong: Crystal Coconut Conundrum (sprite comic)

Postby spaceman2028 » August 29th, 2014, 10:34 am

Yep, just like in the show. Except DK had no idea about it. Loving the background during the time that the Crystal Coconut first appears on the screen.
Are you going to add the other parts of the comic from the Sprite Comics section, as well? by the way in my opinion the GBA sprites for the kongs appear to be limited. If, for example you wanted to add Klubba/Kudgel into the series, you would have to create your own sprites for them(or better yet-get phyreburnz to do so). Also like how you made cranky's cane have a different sprite for when he's shaking it around like in the last panel. Also, i assume "Circuitous Conflicts" refers to the factory levels, or even the factory-ish boss KAOS?

EDIT:LOL DK's expression when he sees the crystal coconut
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby sonosublime » August 30th, 2014, 1:47 pm

Loving your comic. I agree that you should post the other parts in here as well to keep it all together.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 228

Postby Cranky Kong » December 3rd, 2015, 10:52 am

Awesome. Words cannot describe how cool that would be.
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Return to DKC Projects/Fanworks