DKC2 Animation Project - Episode 6 released

Working on your own project related to the Donkey Kong Country series?
This forum is your place to discuss fangames, artwork, stories and so forth which are DKC relevant.

DKC2 Animation Project - Episode 6 released

Postby sonosublime » August 7th, 2014, 1:50 pm

Hi all,

Later on this year, my favourite ever video game will be turning 20. To celebrate, I started making a Source Filmmaker series based on it. Here is the main website:

http://dkc2series.weebly.com/

PREMISE:

Peace is shattered when Donkey Kong - proud protector of the tropical archipelago - is captured by a mysterious and bloodthirsty crew of pirates, for reasons unknown. His meek but eager-to-prove-himself best friend, Diddy, sets out to rescue him, with the help of his spirited companions.

WATCH THE EPISODES:

TRAILERS:

Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 228

Re: Voice actors/actresses needed

Postby Kimi Kong » August 7th, 2014, 2:00 pm

I wanna be Dixie~! I'll audition when I get home~!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 136

Postby Cyclone » August 8th, 2014, 11:08 am

I would like to help in any way. I wouldn't be much help with voices though. But maybe some other elements of your project? I could share some of my models. Like the Gang Plank Gallion.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 559

Postby Super Luigi! » August 8th, 2014, 12:06 pm

I'll lend you my voice talents as well, if you need them, that is. Personally, I'd love to do everybody's voice, but I think I should narrow my audition down to Cranky :nicework: , Diddy, and Funky :funky: . If many other people join to voice characters, I'll stick with Diddy :scratch: . (Although, I make a mean Cranky, which might not be saying much, given his personality! :rant: )

So, should we just send in recordings for our characters now, or wait a while?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby MrsQyzbud » August 8th, 2014, 2:01 pm

Kimi Kong - you would be great as Dixie!
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 20

Postby sonosublime » August 8th, 2014, 3:59 pm

Thank you all for the great support!

I wanna be Dixie~! I'll audition when I get home~!

That's great to hear! Also, several more roles have opened, including Candy and Krow, if you're interested.

I would like to help in any way. I wouldn't be much help with voices though. But maybe some other elements of your project? I could share some of my models. Like the Gang Plank Gallion.

That would be super helpful. Thanks! I'll be sure to let you know what I need. :thumbs:

I'll lend you my voice talents as well, if you need them, that is. Personally, I'd love to do everybody's voice, but I think I should narrow my audition down to Cranky :nicework: , Diddy, and Funky :funky: . If many other people join to voice characters, I'll stick with Diddy :scratch: . (Although, I make a mean Cranky, which might not be saying much, given his personality! :rant: )

So, should we just send in recordings for our characters now, or wait a while?

That's great to hear! Feel free to audition for as many characters as you like! There's no need to limit yourself. The person who I feel has the most suitable voice will be chosen for the part.

You can send in the recordings for your auditions whenever you like, just as long as it's before the deadline (20/09/14).
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 228

Re: Voice actors/actresses needed (DKC2 Series Project)

Postby sonosublime » August 11th, 2014, 8:10 pm

Concepts from some maps I've been working on. Still learning how to use the Hammer map editor.

Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 228

Re: DKC2 Series Project - Voice actors/actresses needed

Postby Kimi Kong » August 12th, 2014, 1:32 am

Its looking great~! I cant wait to get this project going~! :dixiehappy:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 136

Postby Super Luigi! » August 12th, 2014, 3:13 pm

You could say I'm excited as well! Nice map work so far, sonosublime! Hopefully, all of us can do our part and make this project a success!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby sonosublime » September 5th, 2014, 3:26 pm

Hi all,

Only 15 more days until the deadline for voice acting auditions! If you still want to audition for a role(s), you should do it soon.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 228

Postby Kimi Kong » September 7th, 2014, 6:38 am

I cant wait to start~! :dixiehappy: I'm so giddy~!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 136

Postby sonosublime » September 17th, 2014, 1:34 am

Something I threw together last night, to celebrate the fact that I can hopefully get started on animation soon.

As for news, not too much to report yet, except that voice acting auditions are going very well.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 228

Postby DiddyKF1 » September 17th, 2014, 12:29 pm

Well, I could be thinking about being Diddy, if only I had a decent microphone. :scratch:
Newcomer
Bananas received 2

Postby Kimi Kong » September 17th, 2014, 12:34 pm

Its a shame. Even though i don't know what your voice sounds like, i think you would make a great Diddy. :dixiehappy:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 136

Postby DiddyKF1 » September 17th, 2014, 12:36 pm

Well, I'll see what I can do with my seemingly dull MP3 recorder. It may not sound perfect, but at least it'll provide a good sense.
Newcomer
Bananas received 2

Postby sonosublime » September 18th, 2014, 1:25 pm

Welcome to the forums, DiddyKF1. And thanks for taking the time to audition. I'll let you know if you get the part.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 228

Postby Super Luigi! » September 20th, 2014, 1:42 am

Shrouded in mystery, we move on,
Uncertain of the daunting and foreboding future.
I pray we have the strength to finish it.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby spaceman2028 » September 20th, 2014, 2:33 am

And i Sayeth, what be the treason fur' making that there message?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby SpikeEnigmaSlash » September 21st, 2014, 7:08 am

did I miss this?? :( did you want people close to the orginal series as possible or a compeltely diffrent ball game I'm all for lending my voice talents and yes I too have a crap microphone however I've been away too much. hope all goes well with your actors and actresses and I will still be here to try to provide things in the future if needed just pm me what you want and i'll see what i can do.
Newcomer

Postby sonosublime » September 21st, 2014, 1:56 pm

SpikeEnigmaSlash wrote:did I miss this?? :( did you want people close to the orginal series as possible or a compeltely diffrent ball game I'm all for lending my voice talents and yes I too have a crap microphone however I've been away too much. hope all goes well with your actors and actresses and I will still be here to try to provide things in the future if needed just pm me what you want and i'll see what i can do.

Hi there,

Thanks for your support. Unfortunately, the deadline was yesterday. I'll PM you.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 228

Postby Kimi Kong » September 21st, 2014, 3:52 pm

I can't wait to hear the results~! I'm so anxious~! :f-vgl:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 136

Postby zaneebaslave » September 23rd, 2014, 7:39 am

... Is this over? I could do a voice or two, for the pirates! I'm not home to record anything, yet. But I could if any character's still open.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 34

Postby Kimi Kong » September 23rd, 2014, 12:59 pm

Sadly, the auditions are over but depending on circumstances, Sono might still need voices.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 136

Re: DKC2 Series Project

Postby spaceman2028 » October 1st, 2014, 7:21 am

There are also ideas to give, such as making Cranky Kong(if he makes it) have a shrunken version of Merasmus's staff in TF2.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby sonosublime » October 3rd, 2014, 3:52 pm

Hi all,

Voice actors have nearly been selected. I've put together a character reel for the ones I am considering. Please let me know what you think.

Cheers:

Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 228

Postby Kimi Kong » October 3rd, 2014, 4:05 pm

O w O I hear my voice~! :dixiehappy:<--------is flustered
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 136

Postby Phyreburnz » October 4th, 2014, 7:23 am

They all sound pretty good for the most part.

I really hope that I don't offend anybody by commenting, so please don't take offense!

The one character that stuck out to me as maybe needing either to be reconsidered or ask them to speak a little differently is Krow. Although I never personally thought this character would have a female voice, that doesn't bother me. I think that whomever does the voice needs to make their voice more screechy. The voice sounds way too calm and not nearly threatening enough.

I don't know who did any of the voices of the characters or if they are on the forum or will see this comment. I'm not trying to offend the person, really I'm not. I just am not sure if her voice fits well. Like I said, maybe she can try to sound more threatening and screechy and it would work.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Kimi Kong » October 4th, 2014, 8:37 am

Trust me, that wasn't the voice i first auditions with. If Sono askes me to use a different voice i will though. :P
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 136

Postby spaceman2028 » October 4th, 2014, 12:06 pm

Don't forget there's also Kudgel and possibly the Kerozene to make voices of. And king zing, though since he's a bug that's not not really needed.
Also kleever, but hes a sword so it won't count.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby sonosublime » October 6th, 2014, 1:57 pm

Phyreburnz wrote:They all sound pretty good for the most part.

I really hope that I don't offend anybody by commenting, so please don't take offense!

The one character that stuck out to me as maybe needing either to be reconsidered or ask them to speak a little differently is Krow. Although I never personally thought this character would have a female voice, that doesn't bother me. I think that whomever does the voice needs to make their voice more screechy. The voice sounds way too calm and not nearly threatening enough.

I don't know who did any of the voices of the characters or if they are on the forum or will see this comment. I'm not trying to offend the person, really I'm not. I just am not sure if her voice fits well. Like I said, maybe she can try to sound more threatening and screechy and it would work.

No offense taken. I asked Kimi to imitate a certain witch from 'Soul Eater' for the voice, which she did very well. A more threatening and screechy voice could be good too. We'll see what we can work out.

Trust me, that wasn't the voice i first auditions with. If Sono askes me to use a different voice i will though. :P

^ What I said above :P

Don't forget there's also Kudgel and possibly the Kerozene to make voices of. And king zing, though since he's a bug that's not not really needed.
Also kleever, but hes a sword so it won't count.

Not to post spoilers, but not every boss made the cut. :facepalm:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 228

Postby spaceman2028 » October 11th, 2014, 2:40 pm

Phyreburnz i forgot to mention but you are right. Klomp, Diddy, DK and funky do not sound right at all to me. Improve Krow as Phyre told and make DK Diddy and Funky sound like in the cartoon or something, having Klomp sound like Klump in the cartoon if Klump has not yet been decided to become a character. Dixie and Candy might work if they are like that too, though that is debatable as they sound about mediocre. Maybe even cranky(though he is A-OK in my terms) could work like this too?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Super Luigi! » October 15th, 2014, 3:02 am

Alright, I'll say it, since I'm here.
I won my role with a German Engineer!
Kremlings are evil, yet sometimes lame,
And some Germans I know are just the same.
Let me be clear, let me come clean,
That way I don't sound so mean.
I auditioned as a Kremling with the Fatherland in mind,
And it was so popular, it was one of a kind!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby spaceman2028 » October 15th, 2014, 5:08 am

Well pardon me,
for sounding mean.
I thought work
would make him "jerk."
I call it by that since he sounds a bit off,
as a Scottish voice makes him sound like he scoffs.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Kimi Kong » November 14th, 2014, 3:29 am

spaceman2028 wrote:Phyreburnz i forgot to mention but you are right. Klomp, Diddy, DK and funky do not sound right at all to me. Improve Krow as Phyre told and make DK Diddy and Funky sound like in the cartoon or something, having Klomp sound like Klump in the cartoon if Klump has not yet been decided to become a character. Dixie and Candy might work if they are like that too, though that is debatable as they sound about mediocre. Maybe even cranky(though he is A-OK in my terms) could work like this too?

I feel a little self-conscious now that you say this :dixiecry:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 136

Postby sonosublime » November 14th, 2014, 8:52 pm

I feel a little self-conscious now that you say this :dixiecry:

I wouldn't worry about it!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 228

Postby sonosublime » November 30th, 2014, 2:59 pm

Hi all,

It has been a while, so have a poster.

I will also take this opportunity to explain what I have been doing for the past month: learning how to export models into a format usable in Source Filmmaker (SFM). It is an involved and complicated process, especially when rigging and skeletons are involved. I need to have a model of Cranky ready (and one that can be imported into Blender modelling software) before I can make a start on the first episode, so if anyone knows of any floating around the internet, please let me know.

Thanks for your interest.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 228

Postby sonosublime » December 9th, 2014, 2:55 pm

A peek into the technical boring stuff going on behind the scenes.

Also, I have finished writing and editing the script for the series. Before I get started on recording with the voice actors, I would like to get some feedback on what can be improved, and would greatly appreciate your help with this. If you're interested in reading and providing some feedback on the script, PM me and I can send it to you.

Thanks!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 228

Postby Jeffrey_Bones » December 10th, 2014, 4:16 pm

Do you want to use my mini Necky model?
Trailblazer
Bananas received 104

Postby sonosublime » December 10th, 2014, 9:06 pm

Thanks, that's very kind of you to offer. Would it also be ok for you to release your Davy Bones model to me to use for the Gloomy Gulch part? You will get full credit.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 228

Postby sonosublime » January 23rd, 2015, 3:31 am

Yep, I'm still working on this bugger. A still taken from the first episode. The shot is inspired by a similar scene in 'Pirates of the Caribbean', where the undead pirates walk across the ocean floor.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 228

Postby YamatoGuru » February 18th, 2015, 5:52 am

Hello everyone, YamatoGuru here. I'm going to be voicing a few of those Kremlings in this new series. Just wanted to stop by and say how impressive these images are. I'm sure the final product is going to be very entertaining.
Newcomer
Bananas received 1

Postby sonosublime » February 19th, 2015, 10:36 am

YamatoGuru wrote:Hello everyone, YamatoGuru here. I'm going to be voicing a few of those Kremlings in this new series. Just wanted to stop by and say how impressive these images are. I'm sure the final product is going to be very entertaining.

Welcome to the forums! And I'm sure the other guys and girls are happy to see you too :D
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 228

Postby YamatoGuru » February 19th, 2015, 3:25 pm

Thanks for that warm welcome, I've loved DK for as long as I can remember. I may have to browse around while I'm here. :thumbs:
Newcomer
Bananas received 1

Postby sonosublime » February 20th, 2015, 1:39 pm

There are a lot of really cool fan projects going on, like the DKC4 fan game, and Cyclone's animation project.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 228

Postby sonosublime » February 25th, 2015, 11:28 pm

Holy s*** on frosted flakes, I finally did it! I got Cranky Kong ported to SFM! I had the main model kindly supplied to me by Cyclone, but it was missing textures and mesh for the beard. However, I ripped the beard from an N64 emulator and managed to patch things together quite well. I'm glad to have this task finished, because it was the major thing holding up production of episodes.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 228

Postby YamatoGuru » February 28th, 2015, 3:55 am

Cranky is looking nice. If I had any critique about it, it might me that he needs a few more wrinkle marks around his face.
Newcomer
Bananas received 1

Postby sonosublime » March 1st, 2015, 1:47 pm

Thanks. I was worried that it would not turn out so well. Cyclone did a great job with the initial mesh. Unfortunately, I'm only good at modelling inorganic objects.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 228

Postby sonosublime » April 21st, 2015, 12:19 am

What's that? A release date?
That's right - the first episode is coming out on May 2!

A brand new website has also been launched:

dkc2series.weebly.com/

Check it out!

Inspiration for poster from: http://chucha616.deviantart.com/art/Ser ... -256618112
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 228

Postby YamatoGuru » April 21st, 2015, 5:45 am

:clap:
Looking forward to it!
Newcomer
Bananas received 1

Next

Return to DKC Projects/Fanworks